Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Midget 15's AAA or Midget AA In Alberta

Old
02-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Futures

vCash: 500
Midget 15's AAA or Midget AA In Alberta

what is the better league for a 15yr old to play in.

Futures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futures View Post
what is the better league for a 15yr old to play in.
15 year olds can only play AA if they are axed from the 15 AAA (or firstly gassed from the AAA). There is also a 15 AA but I dont know if they have to go there 1st. Probably irrelevent cause if a kid gets axed from the 15 AAA , I cant imagine hes good enough to make Midget AA (not 15 AA)

Sammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 02:00 PM
nowayman

midget 15 AAA is much faster hockey than the midget AA

nowayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 02:31 PM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowayman View Post
midget 15 AAA is much faster hockey than the midget AA
midget AA has come a long way, it is a faster and a much tougher league than 15AAA. 15AAA is rather watered down with the best 15 playing Midget Major AAA. Most midget AA teams are made up of the players that played 15AAA.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 03:53 PM
edmontonfan59

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
midget AA has come a long way, it is a faster and a much tougher league than 15AAA. 15AAA is rather watered down with the best 15 playing Midget Major AAA. Most midget AA teams are made up of the players that played 15AAA.
I believe that 15 yearolds can only play Major AAA or Minor AAA or Minor AA not regular AA

edmontonfan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2010, 07:46 PM
BAL12

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmontonfan59 View Post
I believe that 15 yearolds can only play Major AAA or Minor AAA or Minor AA not regular AA

It depends what association you are in, I have seen alot of players cut from 15AAA teams that go and play midget AA.. I don't think you can in Calgary though.

BAL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 10:03 PM
saskfarmboy
That's pretty neat!

if the leagues are anything like AAA and AA in saskatchewan i would say be honest about your skill level. ask yourself am i gonna be playing much in AAA or sitting on the bench all year. if your answer is yes then i would advise that it would probably be better to dominate in AA for a year than to sit for a year in AAA

saskfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 08:16 PM
BAL12

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskfarmboy View Post
if the leagues are anything like AAA and AA in saskatchewan i would say be honest about your skill level. ask yourself am i gonna be playing much in AAA or sitting on the bench all year. if your answer is yes then i would advise that it would probably be better to dominate in AA for a year than to sit for a year in AAA

Or, Always play the highest level possible with the intent of improving as much as possible throughout practices, variety of oppurtunities throughout games, and dryland sessions.. Then next thing you know, you're getting more and more icetime and playing in important situations.
Plus, what good is it going to play bantam AA and dominating, not going to learn anything playing against weaker players and dominating them. Play at the highest level you can play.

Old
07-07-2010, 11:20 PM
saskfarmboy
That's pretty neat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAL12 View Post
Or, Always play the highest level possible with the intent of improving as much as possible throughout practices, variety of oppurtunities throughout games, and dryland sessions.. Then next thing you know, you're getting more and more icetime and playing in important situations.
Plus, what good is it going to play bantam AA and dominating, not going to learn anything playing against weaker players and dominating them. Play at the highest level you can play.
this is a very good point. i'm not saying that your opinion is wrong, just that imo and from my own experience the best way to practice is by competing in game situations, as practicing in practice isn't quite the same.

saskfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 09:12 PM
BAL12

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskfarmboy View Post
this is a very good point. i'm not saying that your opinion is wrong, just that imo and from my own experience the best way to practice is by competing in game situations, as practicing in practice isn't quite the same.
No, but your not going to get any better by playing in every situation and continually just dominating in AA... Work hard, buy into the team systems and you'll be playing in more and more situations as you go. there are a handful of these kids on every team. And vice versa, kids on AAA teams that take it for granted and by the end of the year are at the bottom of the pile.

Old
07-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Southboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAL12 View Post
No, but your not going to get any better by playing in every situation and continually just dominating in AA... Work hard, buy into the team systems and you'll be playing in more and more situations as you go. there are a handful of these kids on every team. And vice versa, kids on AAA teams that take it for granted and by the end of the year are at the bottom of the pile.
there is 3 levels of elite hockey in Alberts bantam AAA, Minor midget AAA, Midget AAA. Seems like an easy choice where one should play.

Southboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Hockeywatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southboy View Post
there is 3 levels of elite hockey in Alberts bantam AAA, Minor midget AAA, Midget AAA. Seems like an easy choice where one should play.
There is no choice...it's a draft. I guess unless a Major Midget AAA player drops back to Minor Midget AAA.

Hockeywatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Futures

please explain what being drafted has to do with where you play in Midget

Futures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:18 PM
BAL12

Quote:

It shouldn't, but it does.. I think they call it politics ?

Old
08-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Hockeywatcher

Quote:
I mean that in Calgary Minor and Major Midget AAA is a draft. A player cant just say "Well, I think I will go play Major Midget AAA this season". He has to try out and get drafted to play on the team. I suppose a kid who is drafted to Major Midget AAA could drop back to the Minor AAA team if he so desires. Not sure why he would do that tho! Each to his own. And yes, polictics can play a part in every aspect of the game. We all have our stories, dont we?

Hockeywatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 05:01 PM
DoseOfReality

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
This is so inaccurate. You only get 2 or 3 (maybe 4) 15 yr olds making Midget AAA. The rest of the Bantam AAA graduates play Minor AAA. It's hardly watered down! An most Minor AAA players play Midget AAA, not AA. Come' on!

DoseOfReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 07:12 AM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoseOfReality View Post
This is so inaccurate. You only get 2 or 3 (maybe 4) 15 yr olds making Midget AAA. The rest of the Bantam AAA graduates play Minor AAA. It's hardly watered down! An most Minor AAA players play Midget AAA, not AA. Come' on!
I think that is very accurate outside of Edmonton, Sherwood Park, Spruce Grove, Leduc and St. Albert and the rest of the rural teams, AA is better than minor midget AAA. Remember lots or these teams use a lot more imports than the city teams do.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote