HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gregor said Pittsburgh has interest in an Oiler forward

Old
02-17-2010, 09:06 PM
tiger_80

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
The only thing about Nilsson is that he's more of a playmaker than goalscorer. He'd be good on their 2nd PP unit, but IMO a guy like Potulny would be far more attractive to them because he can bury chances.
i actually have a feeling the Oilers would like to retain Potulny. A versatile potential 20 goal scorer who should not command much money. It's a no brainer. You keep Potulny, IMO, and move Nilsson, O'Sullivan and Cogliano.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 09:27 PM
The Old Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
The only thing about Nilsson is that he's more of a playmaker than goalscorer. He'd be good on their 2nd PP unit, but IMO a guy like Potulny would be far more attractive to them because he can bury chances.
ya, with malkin and sid being more of the play maker we are looking more for a sniper than a play maker.....but with the wingers we now have almost anything would be an upgrade. as long as they are young and cheep.
so what would it take for a deal, what are you guys looking for or need in return
edit; we have found that just because your playing with sid or malkin doesn't mean you will do well

Last edited by The Old Master: 02-17-2010 at 09:33 PM.
The Old Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Nugent93Hopkins
Welcome to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Master View Post
ya, with malkin and sid being more of the play maker we are looking more for a sniper than a play maker.....but with the wingers we now have almost anything would be an upgrade. as long as they are young and cheep.
so what would it take for a deal, what are you guys looking for or need in return
edit; we have found that just because your playing with sid or malkin doesn't mean you will do well
We need a another powerforward who can hit and go to net. Any young stay at home defenceman would be great. We could use some some agitators too. Got any players/prospects that fit the bill?

Nugent93Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 09:50 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
one of Tangradi, Despres, your first, 2nd round picks.

Not saying Nilsson is worth any of these, but I would think that's what the Oilers would be looking at.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:06 PM
The Old Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Snack View Post
We need a another powerforward who can hit and go to net. Any young stay at home defenceman would be great. We could use some some agitators too. Got any players/prospects that fit the bill?
we have lots.....rupp, adams, wallace, engelland, lovejoy, strait, and sneep...and a few others

Last edited by The Old Master: 02-17-2010 at 10:19 PM.
The Old Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 12:43 AM
rprice92

Quote:
we have lots.....rupp, adams, wallace, engelland, lovejoy, strait, and sneep...and a few others
rupp is the only i've like out of him and adams. i watch a decent amount of pitts games as they are one of my favs and he (aside from crosby) gives it his all during each shift

rprice92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:40 AM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
The problem with that is, if we keep him, where do we play him? And who gets bumped as a result? You can't keep a player because you're scared he'll be successful somewhere else. That's especially true when you're trading a winger to the Penguins. Just about anyone is going to do well next to Crosby/Malkin/Staal. If he isn't gonig to be successful with your team, you move him.
I wonder what management's read on the dressing room is; it's obviously not a healthy environment. Management must have some idea what and who the team's player issues are at this point.

I'd move POS in a heartbeat over Nilsson, as Nilsson has little trade value at this point anyhow, so I don't see the point in moving him for the bag of pucks we'd likely get in return.

Depth guys like Moreau, Staios, Pisani, even Strudwick are the type of players that most teams who are looking for to make a push deep into the playoffs might be interested in. I'd be more apt to trade any of-

Ethan Moreau
Patrick O'Sullivan
Fernando Pisani
Steve Staios
Tom Gilbert

Along with management, I'm interested to see Jagr in the Olympics. Management is not far off if he has a season or two left in him, until the youngsters are ready. If he's capable, Jagr could fill a significant roster hole, as a skilled forward with some size on the second line:

Dustin Penner-Shawn Horcoff-Ales Hemsky
Gilbert Brule-Mike Comrie-Jaromir Jagr
Andrew Cogliano-Sam Gagner-Robert Nilsson
Jean-Francois Jacques-Marc Pouliot-Zack Stortini
Ryan Stone, Ryan Potulny

We have a hole that needs a punishing defenseman placed in it on defense (assuming Souray isn't dealt and Gilbert can be dealt):
Sheldon Souray
Ladislav Smid
Lubomir Visnovsky
?????
Denis Grebeshkov
Jason Strudwick

Just my thoughts.

Hockey Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 05:38 AM
Vujtek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Snack View Post
Why not Potulny for Tangradi straight up?
That's a laughable offer from the the Pens point of view. You really think Potulny could fetch you another teams top forward prospect? How about MSP for Rupp instead? Yeah right, didn't think so.

Vujtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 05:40 AM
Vujtek

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
one of Tangradi, Despres, your first, 2nd round picks.

Not saying Nilsson is worth any of these, but I would think that's what the Oilers would be looking at.
Robert Nilsson is nowhere near worth any of those assets and if the Oilers are looking at that kind of price then you can enjoy seeing Nilsson in your lineup in the future.

Old
02-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vujtek View Post
That's a laughable offer from the the Pens point of view. You really think Potulny could fetch you another teams top forward prospect? How about MSP for Rupp instead? Yeah right, didn't think so.
The value might not be there, but to say "another team's top forward prospect" without qualifying it is a little misleading.

As far as top forward prospects rank, Tangradi isn't exactly up there.

I would have thought Caputi is their top forward prospect anyway.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 07:20 AM
Vujtek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
The value might not be there, but to say "another team's top forward prospect" without qualifying it is a little misleading.

As far as top forward prospects rank, Tangradi isn't exactly up there.

I would have thought Caputi is their top forward prospect anyway.
Tangradi was #46 in THN Future Watch last year. Hockey's Future ranks him at #34 (your MSP in #31 for comparison's sake). By any account Tangradi is a top forward prospect in the league.

Caputi is a great prospect too and is currently a year ahead in development curve compared to Tangradi but Tangradi has higher potential. There's not many prospects out there that have the size and skill compination of Tangradi.

Old
02-18-2010, 04:09 PM
SuperUke99

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Is there any chance we could get Eric Tangradi or Simon Despres for Dustin Penner?
The Penguins wouldnt blink twice sending them both here for Penner but why the hell would the Oilers do that? Why not throw in Hemsky also.

Last edited by SuperUke99: 02-18-2010 at 04:22 PM.
SuperUke99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 04:58 PM
LF Oil

Nilsson for a 3rd rounder

LF Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 04:44 AM
Eirhead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LF Oil View Post
Nilsson for a 3rd rounder
Nilsson is worth ****ing more than that. I would slap Tambo for that. At very least you get a sketchy first round prospect that Pitsburgh is giving up on.

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 08:46 AM
Phaedrus

Hemsky for Staal.

You heard it here first .

Phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 08:48 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirhead View Post
Nilsson is worth ****ing more than that. I would slap Tambo for that. At very least you get a sketchy first round prospect that Pitsburgh is giving up on.
Honestly: If he doesn't get dealt by the draft, he's getting bought out. Buying him out actually gives us a credit against the cap.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 08:49 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
Hemsky for Staal.

You heard it here first .
Pass.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 08:57 AM
myteammytown

Quote:
sarcasm?

if tambo gets ANYTHING in return for nilsson, i will offer to drive robert to the airport.

nilsson makes 2.5mil next year and has a cap hit of 2 mil for next year. he cant produce with any consistency, and cant stay in the line up on a last placed team that cant score goals.

myteammytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Wheatking

Quote:
Based on what? He's a 25 year old "skilled" forward that is following up a season where he had 29 points with one where he's on pace for less than 30 points again. That -21 doesn't exactly scream "reliable" either.

He's not young anymore and he's not very good. We need to come to terms with that. I'd be very happy with a 3rd round pick plus 2M in cap space for Nilsson.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Lowe in Oil

Maybe they want Marc Pouliot and reunite him with his long lost junior Rimouski buddy; Sidney Crosby

Lowe in Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 12:56 AM
yukoner88

vCash: 350
Talbot and Godard and for Moreau and Puliot? Its a relatively minor deal. It'd be nice to have a nuke in the line up again to keep a few players in our division honest.

yukoner88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 01:46 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Based on what? He's a 25 year old "skilled" forward that is following up a season where he had 29 points with one where he's on pace for less than 30 points again. That -21 doesn't exactly scream "reliable" either.

He's not young anymore and he's not very good. We need to come to terms with that. I'd be very happy with a 3rd round pick plus 2M in cap space for Nilsson.
Gimme a bag of pucks, an empty locker room stall, and a pack of M&M's + the cap space and it's a deal!

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote