HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Knicks

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2010, 01:59 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Is the trade a gamble? Yes, but if he brings the 2 max contracts here I think the Knicks could be better than the Rockets in 2011, and the proposed trade has us swapping 2011 draft picks with Houston which would be a benefit, and by 2012 with 2 max guys here you would think the Knicks would be drafting in the mid to late 20's. Also the NBA draft is brutal sometimes once you get past 5-10 guys.
Yeah this trade will only work IF they get LeBron. If they don't it's a disaster...

Old
02-16-2010, 02:04 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Yeah this trade will only work IF they get LeBron. If they don't it's a disaster...
this trade only works if we get at the very least one of lebron, wade, bosh or both amare and joe johnson.

Old
02-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Bluesman

Quote:
Only chance Ricky Rubio becomes a Knick if the T''Wolves win the lottery and take John Wall.
That GM in Minnesota is dumb. He really shouldn't have drafted Rubio to begin with. He wasn't going to play for them. And it will likely go down as a wasted lottery pick.

I have no idea-or does anyone else, of what Lebron's thinking is.
Does he leave Cleveland if he wins a championship this year?
Does he stay regardless of whether they get to the Finals?
Is he willing to come to the Knicks only if they could get that second guy?
Has he not signed a new contract yet cause he wants to be wooed during July? But at the end of the day he wants to remain in Cleveland?
All questions no one knows. and won't til July.

If this trade happens with Houston, what Donnie Walsh is basically doing is putting all his eggs in the LeBron basket.
And if he doesn't come.....Knicks are screwed.
So you don't know what LBJ is thinking, yet you know what Rubio is and what he will/won't do in 2 years. Amazing.

You admit that Walsh is handcuffing the franchise to something largely outside of their control and which can backfire on them in a major way, yet Kahn is "dumb" for attempting to build a team through the draft/trades. Again, amazing.

Old
02-16-2010, 02:08 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
So you don't know what LBJ is thinking, yet you know what Rubio is and what he will/won't do in 2 years. Amazing.

You admit that Walsh is handcuffing the franchise to something largely outside of their control and which can backfire on them in a major way, yet Kahn is "dumb" for attempting to build a team through the draft/trades. Again, amazing.
Rubio said he wants to play for the Knicks not Minnesota.

Old
02-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Is there anyway the Knickerbockers don't end up with any of the top free agents? Or are they locks to get someone like Lebron, Wade, etc?

Obviously, I haven't followed the Knicks in years.

Old
02-16-2010, 02:15 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Is there anyway the Knickerbockers don't end up with any of the top free agents? Or are they locks to get someone like Lebron, Wade, etc?

Obviously, I haven't followed the Knicks in years.
They might not get anyone, Wade and Lebron could stay in their respective cities, and many teams are clearing cap space for this summer so it will be a crazy free agency period.

Old
02-16-2010, 02:19 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Guys,

Die hard Knicks fan since the days of Bernard. Such a shame what that loser Piston did to this franchise.

Anyway, I like what Donny is doing. The key part of this season was to get rid of either Jeffries or Curry or both before the free agent season starts.

If this rumor is true, you can start penciling the Kinicks in for May basketball for a long time.

Gallo's season is very similar to Dirk Nowitzki's sophomore season. Wilson Chandler is a stud. Lee is a keeper.

I like what the Knicks are doing

Old
02-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
They might not get anyone, Wade and Lebron could stay in their respective cities, and many teams are clearing cap space for this summer so it will be a crazy free agency period.
I think it'll be crazy if NY doesn't end up with one, just can't see NYC getting shutout like that, they will throw everything at a guy like Lebron.

Old
02-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Bluesman

Quote:
Rubio said he wants to play for the Knicks not Minnesota.
No he hasn't.

Old
02-16-2010, 02:29 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
No he hasn't.
Dude, the reason he isn't in the NBA right now is because Minnesota drafted him.
Him and his agent leading up to the draft said they want nothing to do with Minnesota. and if he could play for the Knicks he would leave Europe. But instead he's in Europe right now.

I don't know how much of a NBA/Knick fan you are. But Knick fans that have been following the draft last year know this.

Old
02-16-2010, 02:30 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
Guys,

Die hard Knicks fan since the days of Bernard. Such a shame what that loser Piston did to this franchise.

Anyway, I like what Donny is doing. The key part of this season was to get rid of either Jeffries or Curry or both before the free agent season starts.

If this rumor is true, you can start penciling the Kinicks in for May basketball for a long time.

Gallo's season is very similar to Dirk Nowitzki's sophomore season. Wilson Chandler is a stud. Lee is a keeper.

If they give out 2 max contracts he's gone.

Old
02-16-2010, 02:32 PM
terrrrrible

Knicks #1 guy is LeBron. As much as I'd like to see him in New York, I highly doubt it's going to happen. He wants out of Cleveland because he has no one to play with/win championships with. To me it seems they brought in Shaq as a last ditch effort to convince James to stick around and to show they're committed to building around him. They're doing pretty well now, but they'll just have to see what happens in the playoffs. I don't believe Shaq has been a huge impact this season, but I haven't really been keeping up on him. Who in New York do they have that'll play well with James? At this point it's probably just Lee and Gallo. I'd throw Robinson in there too but I don't think he'll be around much longer after the threat of wanting a trade when D'Antoni was benching him for all those games.

They'll definitely get one of the big name free agents in the summer, or else they wouldn't have a fire sale of all their huge contracts. Plus, you have the allure of playing in New York / at MSG and what a big deal that is.

Old
02-16-2010, 02:38 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

It's either LeBron or bust.

Old
02-16-2010, 02:41 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I think it'll be crazy if NY doesn't end up with one, just can't see NYC getting shutout like that, they will throw everything at a guy like Lebron.
Since the Cav's own Lebron, they can throw the most money at him.

I see them getting Bosh and Joe Johnson. I would love for them to acquire LeBron, but its going to take alot of convincing.

Old
02-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Bluesman

Quote:
Dude, the reason he isn't in the NBA right now is because Minnesota drafted him.
Him and his agent leading up to the draft said they want nothing to do with Minnesota. and if he could play for the Knicks he would leave Europe. But instead he's in Europe right now.

I don't know how much of a NBA/Knick fan you are. But Knick fans that have been following the draft last year know this.
Link?

Old
02-16-2010, 02:52 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
If they give out 2 max contracts he's gone.
true. But I think Lee is 4-5 million cheaper and equally as productive as out option 2 after Lebron or wade

Old
02-16-2010, 02:56 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Link?
You can do the research yourself. Too many various articles (Spain New York Minnesota) to search for right now.

I can't be the only Knick fan on this board that knows this Rubio situation

Old
02-16-2010, 02:58 PM
levski87

Quote:
true. But I think Lee is 4-5 million cheaper and equally as productive as out option 2 after Lebron or wade
No way we get Wade. Guy is staying in Miami.

Old
02-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Mkhizgilov

Quote:
No he hasn't.
Ummm yes he has...
He doesnt want to be in minnesota, his agent said he would . Besides their GM is a moron, in 2008 he drafts O.J. Mayo and then trades him for Kevin Love. Dont get me wrong Kevin Love isnt ******, but why would you trade for a PF if your star player Al Jefferson is already a PF? you just wasted your third overall pick basically. Instead he could have had 2 future all stars in their starting lineup, and thats not it. This past draft in 2009 the Timberwolves had four first round draft picks. FOUR!!! A #5, 6, 18, 28...who does he draft?? he uses his first 3 picks all on point guards...i mean i dont know what hes doing? if you get rubio, why would you draft another pg (flynn) right after him? unless you knew rubio wouldnt want to play there then why take the risk? you have a great chance to improve your team with these picks but all you came out with was one PG...

One more thing Wade is either staying in Miami or Chicago, he is NOT coming to NY, Believe it or not i think Amare and Joe Johnson have the biggest shot of coming here because of their relationship with D'Antoni.

Old
02-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Mkhizgilov

Quote:
You can do the research yourself. Too many various articles (Spain New York Minnesota) to search for right now.

I can't be the only Knick fan on this board that knows this Rubio situation
Yeah i confirm this lol. Multiple times he said he wants to play for us

Old
02-16-2010, 03:45 PM
kennglin13

don't go for Bosh! While Lee may not be as good as Bosh, he is still pretty decent, and the money saved with Bosh can get us something else

Old
02-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:

Well Kahn had the right idea before the draft, in rebuilding his team. However, looking back at it, tell me how drafting 4 point guards and then signing another one helped that franchise. The T-Wolves are 13-40, and last in their division. Overall they are the 2nd worst team in the entire NBA, to the Nets. And if that holds up, then they statistically would have the best chance of getting the 2nd pick in the draft. With the nets drafting 1st they have no need for a point guard. Their future is Devin Harris, otherwise they wouldn't have traded for him. Therefore they will probably not draft John Wall with the first pick, meaning the T-Wolves would draft yet another point guard as aside from Cole Aldridge i dont really see another player being worthy of the 2nd overall pick. The Nets could use more size, and thus Cole Aldridge becomes the first overall pick. (That is if the lottery works the way it should and no random team moves up).

Old
02-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Guys,

Have to agree with you on everything you said. If you could just explain to me what everyone sees in Chandler. A lot of Knicks fans are in love with him and i dont understand it. To me he is just an expendable player. Some nights he's on fire, others he's invisible. He's not consistent, some nights you can tell that his confidence is missing, others he'll just blow you away. I'd like to know, if the Knicks signed both Wade/Johnson and Lebron, where would Chandler play? He'd be coming off the bench, there would be no where to play him consistently, and then everything that Donnie has been doing, to keep chandler instead of trading him for higher picks, would have been to retain a bench player. If you ask me i'd much rather trade Chandler than anyone else on the Knicks future core, for one if David Lee leaves and Bosh and Amare both sign elsewhere who would be the Knicks center, as Hill would be traded for McGrady. However if you trade Chandler he is easily replaceable. Just a thought. Maybe i'm missing something with him, i just can't see it working out if the Knicks sign a guard and a forward this offseason.

Old
02-16-2010, 04:14 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennglin13 View Post
don't go for Bosh! While Lee may not be as good as Bosh, he is still pretty decent, and the money saved with Bosh can get us something else
Yeah, please don't go for Bosh.

I hope we make a huge playoff push this year so he can stay in Toronto. IDK if I can deal with losing another face of the franchise in Toronto (I'm a Raptors and Jays fan).

Old
02-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Mkhizgilov

You guys also have to realize the Donnie wants a good look at Mcgrady and see if he can offer anything to this team beyond this season so there's a small chance he can be here for a while. One more thing, why the hell do people think Lebron might end up as a Net? even if they move to brooklyn, why the hell does he care about brooklyn? Jay-z isn't gonna bring him there, there is 0% chance he's going there. Its either cavs, or knicks for him...and miami (small chance). This is latest on Knicks trading..http://wap.realgm.com/site?t=WqFeXMK...OUw&sid=realgm

Closed Thread