HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

If these players go what type of pick will we get for them.

Old
02-16-2010, 12:33 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
If these players go what type of pick will we get for them.

I am just wondering how many extra picks we can end up with for this draft if these players are traded. It is not a stretch to say that they can all be traded.

Staios- 3rd
Strudwick- 5th
Pisani- 3rd
Moreau- 3rd
Comrie- 3rd

Does this sound about correct. I know there are rumors our there about Souray; Vis; Cogs; Gilbert or Grebs getting traded but I think that these guys are almost a sure thing.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 12:38 PM
hfboardsuser

I don't think we'll see a lot of straight pick trades this year. Every team is so tight to the cap that a contract will have to come back- see every major trade so far. This team likely doesn't compete any time in the next three years, which means we could actually get higher picks for taking worse contracts.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 12:42 PM
DousedInOil

I really hope that the asking price for our players isn't a third round pick. Lets hope that we can somehow get second rounders for them (even if they are later on). Either that or we trade two of our third round picks for a second.

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Beerfish

The Oilers would be lucky to get 3rd rounders for most of those guys. Especially the ones with a year left on their contracts.

Beerfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 12:48 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
I really hope that the asking price for our players isn't a third round pick. Lets hope that we can somehow get second rounders for them (even if they are later on). Either that or we trade two of our third round picks for a second.
I dont think that we will get that many 2nd rounds. Maybe 1 but at least with the extra 3rds and other picks we can package them up to move up in the draft. There are plenty of gems and with the extra picks maybe we can find 1 or two.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 12:51 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
I don't think we'll see a lot of straight pick trades this year. Every team is so tight to the cap that a contract will have to come back- see every major trade so far. This team likely doesn't compete any time in the next three years, which means we could actually get higher picks for taking worse contracts.
Dominic Moore got traded straight up for a 2nd rounder so i don't see any reason why Pisani (especially) or Moreau wouldn't garner a similar return.

Edit: Moore makes less money than Pisani and Moreau and his contract expires after this year so maybe a 3rd rounder would be more realistic

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 12:56 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Dominic Moore got traded straight up for a 2nd rounder so i don't see any reason why Pisani (especially) or Moreau wouldn't garner a similar return.

Edit: Moore makes less money than Pisani and Moreau so maybe a 3rd rounder would be more realistic
Moore is also on the last year of his contract which people like and he doesn't have Pisani's injury history. Pretty much need to find the perfect fit for our guys if we want those 2nd and 3rd rounders. I somehow think if a 3rd was on the table for Pisani that he'd be gone by now. I guess we will see how many teams are really waiting that extra two weeks.

Instead of picks, what is wrong with getting a prospect with a year or two of developement under his belt?

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Stoneman89

You may get one of those players dealt in a one for one deal, but for the most part, trades tend to be multi-player, as a tag along with a bigger ticket. Guys that go one for one tend to be on their last year. Pisani, Struds and Comrie fit that bill, so there's a chance. And don't expect to just get draft picks back for all of them. In all likelihood, there will be some garbage coming back as well.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 04:53 PM
misfit

I actually think we could get more than a 3rd for Staios, but I don't think we'll get much for any of the rest on deadline day. Moreau and Pisani could move, but I really don't see any team giving up a 3rd for either of them.

And to be honest, I'd much rather re-sign Pisani than trade him for a 4th or 5th round pick.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Eirhead*

What you do is trade Player-X + a 4th for a 2nd

OR

Player-X + a 3rd for a 1st

it's upgrading.

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 05:32 PM
JustinCider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I am just wondering how many extra picks we can end up with for this draft if these players are traded. It is not a stretch to say that they can all be traded.

Staios- 3rd
Strudwick- 5th
Pisani- 3rd
Moreau- 3rd
Comrie- 3rd

Does this sound about correct. I know there are rumors our there about Souray; Vis; Cogs; Gilbert or Grebs getting traded but I think that these guys are almost a sure thing.
Staios- 6th
Strudwick- 7th
Pisani- 4th
Moreau- 6th
Comrie- 3rd

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirhead View Post
What you do is trade Player-X + a 4th for a 2nd

OR

Player-X + a 3rd for a 1st

it's upgrading.
More likely player X + 3rd for a 2nd.

Copperhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:

Staios- 3rd
Strudwick- 5th
Pisani- 3rd
Moreau- 3rd
Comrie- 3rd

Staios - agree
Struds - 6th
Pisani - conditional (due to illness and based on GP and production) 4th-7th
Moreau - 4th
Comrie - agree
Grebeshkov - 2nd
POS - 2nd-3rd
Visnovsky - BUF 1st, Stafford, Lydman(salary dump)

This would be an ideal deadline day (and not entirely unrealistic IMO). Not that I want to move Vis, but I really think BUF will pay that price. He and Myers would be a deadly pairing that chew up 25+ a game. They also need a PP QB in a bad way. Speaking to some of their fans in the trade rumors forum they seem to be on board with this. Now if only we were all assistant GMs.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 10:13 PM
JustinCider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Staios - agree
Struds - 6th
Pisani - conditional (due to illness and based on GP and production) 4th-7th
Moreau - 4th
Comrie - agree
Grebeshkov - 2nd
POS - 2nd-3rd

This would be an ideal deadline day (and not entirely unrealistic IMO). Not that I want to move Vis, but I really think BUF will pay that price. He and Myers would be a deadly pairing that chew up 25+ a game. They also need a PP QB in a bad way. Speaking to some of their fans in the trade rumors forum they seem to be on board with this. Now if only we were all assistant GMs.
whatever. you have no clue man, you remind me of a certain character from a tv show who had a sister named Becka.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 10:13 PM
MDupont

Quote:
I don't mind that deal at all. Now, can we move Penner to Boston?

MDupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Nugent93Hopkins
Welcome to the

Quote:

Staios- 3rd
Strudwick- 5th
Pisani- 3rd
Moreau- 3rd
Comrie- 3rd

These. I would consider keeping Struds though, imo.

Nugent93Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
whatever. you have no clue man, you remind me of a certain character from a tv show who had a sister named Becka.
Are you even an Oiler fan? Should you be in this forum????

This is OUR HOUSE!

Now if only I knew what show you were talking about.

Perfect Strangers????

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post

Edit: Moore makes less money than Pisani and Moreau and his contract expires after this year so maybe a 3rd rounder would be more realistic
Not meaning to pile on, but that 2nd was a 2011 2nd. Expected to be a MUCH MUCH MUCH weaker draft class.

Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 09:24 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
Not meaning to pile on, but that 2nd was a 2011 2nd. Expected to be a MUCH MUCH MUCH weaker draft class.
I hear this every year and I also hear how deep every draft is. Too many different opinions on what is classified a weak draft and what is a deep draft. Is it the top 5 are weak or the later rounds? Plus there is a whole year for things to change.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 09:32 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
Staios- 6th
Strudwick- 7th
Pisani- 4th
Moreau- 6th
Comrie- 3rd

this I agree with

Due to the fact that both Moreau and Staois have one year left at 2miil and 2,75mill--a team would give up less knowing that they would be paying them more. Wallin git a secind because his contract is about to expire

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 09:50 AM
hemskysuncle

Quote:
Are you even an Oiler fan? Should you be in this forum????

This is OUR HOUSE!

Now if only I knew what show you were talking about.

Perfect Strangers????
yeah i am wondering too

I actually think they could package souray together with one or two of them or something like that...not all of them will go as individuals...and it seem souray is bound to be traded. I could see Pisani or Moreau going to Dallas with Souray for Jamie Benn or something. although the salaries don't match up, i believe they have the room.

Same thing could happen with Comrie and Visnovsky, or with Gilbert and Comrie. A piece for the playoffs (Comrie) and a piece for the future (Gilbert) sort of makes a good combo in a trade.

hemskysuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:19 AM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
Quote:

Staios- 3rd
Strudwick- 5th
Pisani- 3rd
Moreau- 3rd
Comrie- 3rd

Staios- 3rd
Strudwick- conditional pick - 5th-7th
Pisani- 2nd
Moreau- 4th
Comrie- 2nd

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:25 AM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
I highly doubt that makes a difference, when teams trade for picks, they usually base it on where they think the team that they are getting the pick from will end up in the standings, not whether or not a draft class 2 years from now is weak or not especially when you're talking about 2nd rounders which are a total crapshoot.

Old
02-17-2010, 10:29 AM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
this I agree with

Due to the fact that both Moreau and Staois have one year left at 2miil and 2,75mill--a team would give up less knowing that they would be paying them more. Wallin git a secind because his contract is about to expire
You really think that the Oilers can only get a 6th round pick for Moreau and Staios?
I'm willing to bet that they would get a 3rd-4th round pick back (if they get a draft pick back as opposed to another player) for those guys despite them having one more year left on their deals.

Old
02-17-2010, 10:33 AM
OilDrop37

I'm sorry but I don't see how Strudwick was any value at all?

I'm guessing that Staios doesn't move.

Moreau + 5th for a 3rd
Pisani for a 5th
Comrie for a 4th

OilDrop37 is offline   Reply With Quote