HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR-Buf

Old
02-16-2010, 05:59 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

vCash: 500
NYR-Buf

To Rangers:

Vanek
Montador

To Sabres:

Drury
Dubinsky
Stepan

nEaLB4ZoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 06:12 PM
MJ65

Wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzHockey View Post
To Rangers:

Vanek
Montador

To Sabres:

Drury
Dubinsky
Stepan
Great what a deal

Drury - 57 Games, 10 Goals, 12 Assists -11 7M dollars
Vanek - 55 Games 18 Goals 21 Assits +3 7M dollars

Buffalo let go Drury and signed Vanek - I don't think if Buffalo would trade Vanek

MJ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 06:24 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ65 View Post
Great what a deal

Drury - 57 Games, 10 Goals, 12 Assists -11 7M dollars
Vanek - 55 Games 18 Goals 21 Assits +3 7M dollars

Buffalo let go Drury and signed Vanek - I don't think if Buffalo would trade Vanek
I'm a Sabres fan so if you think the Rangers have to give up more then I am in. As much as Drury has negative value, Dubinsky is a very good young center and Stepan is a good prospect. One more year at $8 mil on at $5 and then done. Maybe we resign Drury for around $2 mil after that or let him go.

The Sabres can now move Roy to wing where he should be and they have greatly improved their center depth which is lacking. Once the Drury contract is up the Sabres are in great cap condition which is an added bonus.

Old
02-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I would probably have to pass. Vanek would be a nice piece, but it's not worth moving BOTH Dubinsky and Stepan for.

Close, though. Change Stepan to a slightly lower prospect and I'd probably sign off on it.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 06:30 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

No one's getting Stepan!

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 06:30 PM
GAGLine

Rangers pass. We are thin down the middle as it is. Drury will be off the books in 2 years and we can buy him out before then if necessary.

I like Vanek, but he's having a down year. Just not a good deal from a Rangers POV.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 06:31 PM
MJ65

But why

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzHockey View Post
I'm a Sabres fan so if you think the Rangers have to give up more then I am in. As much as Drury has negative value, Dubinsky is a very good young center and Stepan is a good prospect. One more year at $8 mil on at $5 and then done. Maybe we resign Drury for around $2 mil after that or let him go.

The Sabres can now move Roy to wing where he should be and they have greatly improved their center depth which is lacking. Once the Drury contract is up the Sabres are in great cap condition which is an added bonus.
Drury's graph is going down (2nd year in a row) and no chance of improvement, where as Vanek is improving every year

@bolded why would you deal Vanek if you have to let go Drury?

Old
02-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Rangers pass. We are thin down the middle as it is. Drury will be off the books in 2 years and we can buy him out before then if necessary.

I like Vanek, but he's having a down year. Just not a good deal from a Rangers POV.
I think it's worth it from our end if we can change the prospect.

Frankly, I'd rather expand the deal and get Roy as well.

Old
02-16-2010, 06:34 PM
MJ65

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post

Vanek is far better then Drury Buffalo would never trade Vanek unless they are getting a super star back

Old
02-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ65 View Post
Vanek is far better then Drury Buffalo would never trade Vanek unless they are getting a super star back
Vanek would never bring a superstar back with his cap hit. I don't even know who'd you trade with him to get a superstar. Other than Myers.

Old
02-16-2010, 06:38 PM
MJ65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I think it's worth it from our end if we can change the prospect.

Frankly, I'd rather expand the deal and get Roy as well.
Come on - why Buffalo would trade Vanek and Roy to NYR unless they are getting Staal back as a part of a deal

Old
02-16-2010, 06:41 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

This thread is just destined for fail...

BackGroundMusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

How has nobody mentioned that Drury has a FULL NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE? Even without that, I don't want Vanek at 7M. He's closer to that pricetag than Drury is for sure, but he's still overpaid. He's not a $7M player, especially for that term.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 10:31 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoFutureNorris View Post
How has nobody mentioned that Drury has a FULL NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE? Even without that, I don't want Vanek at 7M. He's closer to that pricetag than Drury is for sure, but he's still overpaid. He's not a $7M player, especially for that term.
If I were a Ranger fan I still do Drury for Vanek straight up. If he waives his clause that is.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 11:54 PM
nEaLB4ZoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoFutureNorris View Post
Yes everyone realizes that but this is a fantasy hockey trade board and we are basically trying to gauge value. It is fun though when the message board police point this out every time there is a proposal involving a player with a NTC.

Old
02-17-2010, 03:36 AM
gotmonte

Is it just ME or am I the only one to think that DRURY might WELCOME a chance to go back to Buffalo and play there

He did well there and he did so well, he found a few stupid GM's throwing stupid money at him when he hit UFA status. Unfortunately, my favorite teams GM just seemed to throw more stupid money at him than anyone else. Not out of the norm to be quite honest. I am getting used to it and it is sad.

But Drury back to Buf would look "right".

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 09:04 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Is it just ME or am I the only one to think that DRURY might WELCOME a chance to go back to Buffalo and play there

He did well there and he did so well, he found a few stupid GM's throwing stupid money at him when he hit UFA status. Unfortunately, my favorite teams GM just seemed to throw more stupid money at him than anyone else. Not out of the norm to be quite honest. I am getting used to it and it is sad.

And he is a presence Buffalo would benefit from having. Maybe in 2 years when his cap hit isn't around 7 million.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Blitz
Welcome 2 HH Archie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post

I have my doubts he would ever want to go back to Buffalo, He was more than willing to walk out on a team he was the captain of, that shows how sentimental/nostalgic Chris is right there - At least Vanek likes playing in Buffalo

No thanks, Drury can rot in NYR country... If you ever want to move Staal or Callahan though, dont be shy to call us!!!

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:45 AM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

1. Org trade proposal.....I'd probably do. Drury has been the missing piece of the Sabres since he left. He brought grit, leadership, ability, defensive presence and simply an aura of a winner. Since then we've played heartless, listless hockey, all the while having 85% the same roster. We have talent on the team but (IMO) lack what Chris Drury brought.

2. Ranger fans, you'd love Vanek. He is just a fish out of water in Buffalo. Ruff's system, or his demands on his players (Vanek), just do not allow him to flurish. IMO, look at Afiniganov in Atlanta, he was in Ruff's doghouse for years, never played him with the right linemates, etc....now he's been playing at almost a ppg. Vanek would be the same. Give him the freedom to be creative and play his game and he'd put 50 in every year. It will never happen in Buffalo.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:51 AM
JustinCider

No one is taking Drury in return unless they give you back garbage (Horcoff, Rosival, Redden, etc.).

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Sorry, I'd rather keep my 40 goal 26 year old over 33 year old 30 point 3rd line center who get's paid the same.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 12:22 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
No one is taking Drury in return unless they give you back garbage (Horcoff, Rosival, Redden, etc.).
The irony of course being that two of those pieces of garbage are already on the Rangers.

BackGroundMusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 01:13 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
no thanks from Buffalo

JPurp26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 04:29 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
I have my doubts he would ever want to go back to Buffalo, He was more than willing to walk out on a team he was the captain of, that shows how sentimental/nostalgic Chris is right there - At least Vanek likes playing in Buffalo
Not that I disagree about Drury, but Vanek signed a contract to play in Edmonton. He tried to leave, and was denied that chance when we matched the offersheet.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 06:31 PM
ohheyimmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
Not that I disagree about Drury, but Vanek signed a contract to play in Edmonton. He tried to leave, and was denied that chance when we matched the offersheet.
No...Vanek knew we'd match. He signed the offersheet to force Darcy into a long term deal rather than the three year deal that would probably be offered.

ohheyimmark is offline   Reply With Quote