HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you want to keep?

Old
02-17-2010, 05:42 AM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
From the current roster... I'd keep Hemsky and Gagner. Everyone else is available and tradeable. (Well Hemsky and Gagner are available as well if the offer is good enough.)

I'd like to see more from Brule and Potulny so I really wouldn't want to trade them away yet... but again it depends on the offer.

I wouldn't want to trade away any of the prospects without seeing them play in the NHL first... like Eberle, MPS + 1st round pick this year, 1st round pick next year etc.

Oilers need to listen to any and every deal on the table from other GM's... if it means making the team potentially better for the next 5+ years down the road then we have to consider them even if it means giving up assets like Vis or Penner (I would actually bet some decent money they'll both be gone by the start of next season).

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 05:58 AM
nullterm

vCash: 500
Keepers:

Penner ? Hemsky
MPS Gagner Eberle
? Potulny Brule
? ? Stortini

Visnovsky Smid
Grebeshkov ?
? ?

? ?

Gilbert is borderline.

Horcoff could redeem himself the rest of the season or next, he's not going anywhere so he'll have the chance by default.

Cogliano needs a new start. I'd love to see it with the Oil, but I just don't see it with how the team is setup.

To the guy who put Pouliot... seriously?!?

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Phaedrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Tough to get: excluding MPS, Eberle and the 1st as they are current roster

Gagner
Penner
Smid
Visnovsky

Prefer to see back:
Brule
one/both of Gilbert/Grebeshkov
Potulny
I fixed s7ark's...

Excluding MPS, Eberle and the 1st

Gagner
Penner
Smid
Visnovsky

Prefer to see back:
Brule
one of Gilbert/Grebeshkov
Potulny

I would be fine with seeing Hemsky traded, if the return were decent.

Phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 08:46 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
I fixed s7ark's...

I would be fine with seeing Hemsky traded, if the return were decent.
Respectfully, I couldn't disagree more. Hemsky is our best forward and is on a great contract. Unless the return is an easy overpayment I can't see us moving him. This season turned into a write off when he went down.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 09:31 AM
hemskysuncle

i think the pieces needed to build going forward are Hemsky, Gagner, Brule, Smid - They have the drive, attitude and skill to be true anchors on a team that does a lot of good things..., all else is available in the sense of players like Cogliano, Grebeshkov, Visnovsky or useless in the sense of players like Horcoff, POS, Nilsson (I have lauded all three in the past but come to the conclusion that they will never be a factor on any championship winning team, even if they have talent).
I would deal prospects like Eberle and MPS because nobody knows what they will do in the NHL...but the return better be worthwhile...not for another of the "bottom-top-six" forwards the oilers have traded for over and over in the last 3 years.

hemskysuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 09:39 AM
LF Oil

I guess I can say that any player would be available if the trade were right, as well.

There are definately some players I'd like to see gone:

Moreau
Pisani (I like him as a penalty killer, I think it'd be hard to trade him with all his injuries and colitis)
Pouliot
Gilbert (He could get decent return. I don't like that he plays so soft. He's a big guy! Get tough!)
JDD or DD (both JDD and DD are RFAs at the end of the season)
Souray (I, as well, like him, but he's too not a good fit for a team in a rebuild)
Staois
Strudwick (He's a good 7th dman but I think Peckham could easily fill his shoes)
Robert Nilsson (Very inconsistent, but shows glimpses of his talent)
POS (I don't know if he's just not a fit here, or what, but I think he'll be gone)
Horcoff (Highly unlikely he'll be dealt as his contract is ridiculous)

I really hope Tambellini is as busy as he says he's going to be.

LF Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 12:11 PM
mcote97

I would keep Eberle, and Paajarvi-Svensson, as well as. 5, 13, 16, 24, 34, 40, 43, 46, 67, 89, and 91. As you can tell, all i've been thinking about is the lottery, and before you flame away, these guys don't necessarly mean at their current salaries.

mcote97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 12:59 PM
deanmoriarty

It seems some fans like the thought of keeping Stortini around, good to see. I honestly think he's a piece to hang onto for the rebuild; cheap, big & tough, awesome work ethic and attitude, and he gets better at fighting and agitating every season. I think he can be a fan favourite in Edmonton for many years.

deanmoriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 01:04 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmoriarty View Post
It seems some fans like the thought of keeping Stortini around, good to see. I honestly think he's a piece to hang onto for the rebuild; cheap, big & tough, awesome work ethic and attitude, and he gets better at fighting and agitating every season. I think he can be a fan favourite in Edmonton for many years.
Yeah but he can't skate and is always behind the play. I like the guy, but don't think he's a full time NHLer

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 01:43 PM
rydlar

Keepers:

Current Oil Fwds:
Penner
Hemsky
Gagner
Brule
Potulny

Current Oil D:
Vishnovsky
Smid
Gilbert

Prospects:
MPS
1st Rd pick 2010

I wouldn't hesitate to move Eberle after the season / WJC's he's had... classic sell HIGH if the opportunity presents itself. If not, then he'd be a welcome addition to the squad in 2 seasons time.

rydlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 06:18 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

I am a big believer in the sell high/buy low attitude as well and that works for veterans like Penner/Vis but to sell off assets like Eberle or MPS or our 1st round pick this year or next without even seeing those players/picks play in the NHL I think is silly unless you are dramatically overpaid.

Eberle for example could max out as a 40 point player in the NHL or he could be a PPG+ guy... but you have to at least see what he can do first.

The statistical odds are that one of the highly touted players like MPS,Eberle/Hall/Seguin may turn out to be mediocre or a bust (far less that 100% of high draft picks make a serious impact in the league)... but you have to let those players have a chance and see if they can actually end up as franchise type players.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 06:33 PM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Like to see back

Penner
Hemsky
Gagner
Comrie
Potulny
Brule
Smid
Visnovsky

Wouldn't be complaining if they're still around

Pouliot
Pisani
Stortini
Jacques
Stone
Cogliano
Gilbert
Souray (zero point in trading him when his value's this low)
Who is the best between Stortini and Jacques?

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 08:56 PM
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Who is the best between Stortini and Jacques?
Stortini.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote