HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I just got accepted at the university of Montreal !

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2004, 06:44 PM
felixd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller
Cool, me too. What are you going to study there ?
I'm going to into Management, either General Management or International Management. I lived in Germany for 6 years, and I would love to go back to Europe so I'm trying to find the program that can get me there quickest. McGill has loads of student abroad program though(600+ schools) so I'll be looking at that too. What about you? By the way, what residence are you going to stay at? There were so many I wasn't sure what to choose but I put Douglass as my first choice. (Hotel was nice but too expensive)

I can't really answer whether or not McGill is hard to get into. I got in with 1250 SAT and a 3.8 GPA, but my dad still knew the associate dean of management and wrote him a nice letter so I think that may have helped me alot.

Old
04-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
I'm going to McGill next year.
I might go to, it's suppose to be pretty nice there

Old
04-26-2004, 06:47 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Congrats

Now go study, no soup for you

Old
04-26-2004, 06:52 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
I might go to, it's suppose to be pretty nice there
what are your other choices? Also, what do you mean by nice? McGill's campus is really beautiful, but I don't think that should influence your decision on whether or not to go there.

Old
04-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
what are your other choices? Also, what do you mean by nice? McGill's campus is really beautiful, but I don't think that should influence your decision on whether or not to go there.
if I stay in Québec city I'll go to Laval University ... let's say that it's not my 1st pick

if I move I'll go to either Bishop or McGill

and someone asked if I'd go to the US, and I'd like to very much but I don't know how much that would cost

Old
04-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Mooch

Quote:
if I stay in Québec city I'll go to Laval University ... let's say that it's not my 1st pick

if I move I'll go to either Bishop or McGill

and someone asked if I'd go to the US, and I'd like to very much but I don't know how much that would cost
To go to the US you need anywhere from 40-60 thousand a year. A tad too much if you ask me, unless your doing MBA, PHD, etc. You easily get your money back then, so well worth it. Money is always an issue though initially.

Old
04-26-2004, 07:08 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Congrats, learning is always good. Or so I heard. :lol

I went to a small business college in the states, my only advice is study hard, don't drink too much but make sure you have a lot of fun as well!

Old
04-26-2004, 07:09 PM
felixd

Quote:

It would cost super super super expensive. I thought about that too, and for me, as a Canadian with a US address it would all be in the 35 000+ per year range(tuition only ) I'm sure it's more expensive as an international student. Unless you can get insane scholarships(the best I got was 9,000 a year at one college, but the price was still 20 000 per year(tuition only again)) I would say going to Canada would be much easier on the wallet.

Old
04-26-2004, 07:11 PM
NJDevs430

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
...I just want to tell you guys ive been accepted at the university of montreal...
Congratultions oli!
Good luck.
}:-)>

Old
04-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Mooch

Quote:
It would cost super super super expensive. I thought about that too, and for me, as a Canadian with a US address it would all be in the 35 000+ per year range(tuition only ) I'm sure it's more expensive as an international student. Unless you can get insane scholarships(the best I got was 9,000 a year at one college, but the price was still 20 000 per year(tuition only again)) I would say going to Canada would be much easier on the wallet.
Ya but like i said above, its well worth it if your gona get highly educated like MBA, PHD. Its much easier over there to get a high GPA, if you goto a modestly know university.

Old
04-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Congrats, learning is always good. Or so I heard. :lol

I went to a small business college in the states, my only advice is study hard, don't drink too much but make sure you have a lot of fun as well!
What do you mean don't drink to much? that the first thing you do in University with your initiation!!!

Oli: University of Montreal is really fun with lots of nice looking women! go to all the parties especially "le 2 étages" at the begining of the simester. You`ll meet tons of new and cool people and a few weirdos here and there. I don`t know in what building is Political science but if you go at the "pavillon principal", that`s where you`ll find girls in biochem, chem, pharmaco, dental and doctor...nice!

Have fun

Have fun.

Old
04-26-2004, 07:19 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis63
What do you mean don't drink to much? that the first thing you do in University with your initiation!!!

Oli: University of Montreal is really fun with lots of nice looking women! go to all the parties especially "le 2 étages" at the begining of the simester. You`ll meet tons of new and cool people and a few weirdos here and there. I don`t know in what building is Political science but if you go at the "pavillon principal", that`s where you`ll find girls in biochem, chem, pharmaco, dental and doctor...nice!

Have fun

Have fun.
Hey what tv did you settle for Lewis?????

Are you happy with it??

Old
04-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Hey what tv did you settle for Lewis?????

Are you happy with it??
Oh I took the toshiba, really happy except that since I got it habs started loosing... Excellent picture and sound is pretty good too
Thanks.

Old
04-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyF
Prime Minister. Deputy. Journalist. Lot of things.
Yes that`s what they all want to be, but what do most of them really do?

Old
04-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Oh I took the toshiba, really happy except that since I got it habs started loosing... Excellent picture and sound is pretty good too
Thanks.
Awsome, love em my-self.

Enjoy the first Habs home game on it, and dont forget to crank to volume to max!!!!

Old
04-26-2004, 07:37 PM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

Quote:
Yes that`s what they all want to be, but what do most of them really do?
Hum.. I dunno. BTW, Political Science is located in the 3200 "Jean Brillant" Pavillon.

Old
04-26-2004, 07:37 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
On a other note I just want to tell you guys ive been accepted at the university of montreal. . Man I cant waite for september. Finally I can get out of this leaf land and meat some of my people . I dident take the lost very well last night as I was working and everyone at work was making fun of me . Thank god the leafs lost. When I got the letter this morning It was all good as I am now in a much better mood. Im really looking foward for next year and making some new friends.

In case you guys are wondering what course im taking, its Political science with a minor in International Studies
CONGRATS, Best of Luck in your studies and have a great time!

Old
04-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Cariboux

Best of luck Oli

Old
04-26-2004, 07:46 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
To go to the US you need anywhere from 40-60 thousand a year. A tad too much if you ask me, unless your doing MBA, PHD, etc. You easily get your money back then, so well worth it. Money is always an issue though initially.
I know someone living in Florida, and she told me for a person living there it costs about 13 000 to go to Florida State University, and since I'd be a foreign student she told me that I could get bursaries pretty easily

Old
04-26-2004, 07:47 PM
furax

Send a message via ICQ to furax
I got accepted at UQAT in Abitibi.

I'm going from Montreal to Abitibi....... what an upgrade!

The reason i'm going there is that they credited me 1 year. So i'll stay out there 2 years. I'm gonna do a "Bac en multimédia avec profil en gestion" which is only given out there in Quebec. There's something similar in Concordia but they refused to credit me anything. There's one of my friend that is going too so it won't be too boring.

Old
04-26-2004, 07:56 PM
superstar436

screw mcgill people. Long live Concordia. Mcgill is just living on its old reputation. They are good in medicine, law, and languages. COn U rocks in business and engineering.
I really hate mcgill

Old
04-26-2004, 07:57 PM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
On a other note I just want to tell you guys ive been accepted at the university of montreal. . Man I cant waite for september. Finally I can get out of this leaf land and meat some of my people . I dident take the lost very well last night as I was working and everyone at work was making fun of me . Thank god the leafs lost. When I got the letter this morning It was all good as I am now in a much better mood. Im really looking foward for next year and making some new friends.

In case you guys are wondering what course im taking, its Political science with a minor in International Studies

Good for you oli, i'm also in UDM and it's great....welcome!

Old
04-26-2004, 08:36 PM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
I'm going to into Management, either General Management or International Management. I lived in Germany for 6 years, and I would love to go back to Europe so I'm trying to find the program that can get me there quickest. McGill has loads of student abroad program though(600+ schools) so I'll be looking at that too. What about you? By the way, what residence are you going to stay at? There were so many I wasn't sure what to choose but I put Douglass as my first choice. (Hotel was nice but too expensive)
That's cool. I'm going into Arts, to do Economics and Political Science.

I live in Montréal, so I won't be staying in residence, even though that'd be cool. I heard that Douglas is the best residence, so good choice.

Edit: Come to think of it, how much does residence cost ? Maybe I'll pay for it myself for like the first semester. It'd be pretty cool.

Old
04-26-2004, 09:39 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller
That's cool. I'm going into Arts, to do Economics and Political Science.

I live in Montréal, so I won't be staying in residence, even though that'd be cool. I heard that Douglas is the best residence, so good choice.

Edit: Come to think of it, how much does residence cost ? Maybe I'll pay for it myself for like the first semester. It'd be pretty cool.
Douglas is a little under 8 thousand, and the new hotel residence is a little over 10 thousand(by little I mean maybe 200$)

Old
04-26-2004, 09:41 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by waseem
screw mcgill people. Long live Concordia. Mcgill is just living on its old reputation. They are good in medicine, law, and languages. COn U rocks in business and engineering.
I really hate mcgill
Maybe they are as good as McGill, but what is really important to me is McGill's international reputation. I plan on doing an MBA at McGill and I know their MBAs are very well recognised.

Closed Thread