HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marc Savard or David Krejci to Calgary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
  #76
Seguins Dragon*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In Carls Garage
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker View Post
There's no way the Bruins will ever make this swap.

Krejci still has untapped potential and is signed for 2 more seasons at $3.75M. Then he's an RFA. Bourque is a UFA after this season, free to sign with any team.

If the B's made this deal, they would be robbing peter to pay paul. More, with Bourque being a UFA with free market leverage, if the Bruins wanted to keep him, it's possible they'd have to pay more than Krejci. And there's no assurances that would happen. If not, their newly acquired asset (which they gave up a first-rate passer with tremendous game instincts for) walks after only 4.5 months.

That would be utterly senseless.
Oh i know they wouldn't make that swap, but outside Iggy, I think Bourque may be the only one Chia would want.

That is why I said "I don't think these teams are good fits"

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:19 PM
  #77
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975
 
Alberta_OReilly_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,590
vCash: 500
depending how bergeron does at the olympics... he would be the guy out of Boston that makes the most sense to trade. He has lots and lots of fans so any suggestion to trade him is instantly met with overwhelming calls of outrage, but Savard is the catalyst to the offense and just signed a hometown discount extention contract. He isnt going anywhere while Chiarella is in charge.

He does need a winger to help realize full value for his contributions to the team. Wingers cost money/caphit... so something has to give to make contract room.

Both Krecji and Bergeron are fine number 2 guys a team can go after a cup with. Both have potential to be decent number 1 guys. Im not 100% sure Bergeron is still a ppg player post concusion, but he makes up for it by being so strong 2-way.

The reasons I would trade Bergeron before Krecji are largely due to contract... I think Bergeron is the better player but that extra million per season is huge when a team is so close to the cap hit.

Id probably target someone like Regher as a return. I know he is loved by Flame fans and they wont like to imagine trading him. Rumor is Phaneuf was run out of town because largely he couldnt get along with Regher. I think though the Flames committed to Bouwmeester to be their stud on the blueline when they gave him the 7 million dollar contract.

Maybe a deal of Bergeron/Wideman for Regher/Higgens/Conroy and a first might work for both teams? Higgens has clearly struggled and is an impending UFA. Conroy is nearing the end of the ropes and is also an UFA. The three flame guys make just over 7.3 mill while the 2 Bruins make about 8,5. Cap room in Calgary might be hard to make work?

I think talent wise though the deal favors Calgary... get a bonafide front line guy to work with Iginla and get an offensive minded dman that needs a change of scenery but has had some golden moments the last couple seasons.

For Boston, we get a solid top dman to play with Chara and then free up cap space to go hunting for the winger we need to play with Savard. It would be sad to see a bigtime fan favorite leave the team... specially in a year that hes been the Bruins best player, but ultimately looking forward I think cap management is a concern in Boston and when you have 3 centers, theres probably only room to keep 2

I personally vote to keep Savard/Krecji and that makes Bergeron the odd man out unless he ends up being converted to become the winger that we need for Savards line. And I suppose thats a possibility too

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:42 PM
  #78
bananaz
Registered User
 
bananaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 500
there is no chance the flames trade regehr now that phaneuf is gone.

bananaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 11:02 PM
  #79
NinthSpoke06
Registered User
 
NinthSpoke06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chestnut Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 10,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
depending how bergeron does at the olympics... he would be the guy out of Boston that makes the most sense to trade. He has lots and lots of fans so any suggestion to trade him is instantly met with overwhelming calls of outrage, but Savard is the catalyst to the offense and just signed a hometown discount extention contract. He isnt going anywhere while Chiarella is in charge.

He does need a winger to help realize full value for his contributions to the team. Wingers cost money/caphit... so something has to give to make contract room.

Both Krecji and Bergeron are fine number 2 guys a team can go after a cup with. Both have potential to be decent number 1 guys. Im not 100% sure Bergeron is still a ppg player post concusion, but he makes up for it by being so strong 2-way.

The reasons I would trade Bergeron before Krecji are largely due to contract... I think Bergeron is the better player but that extra million per season is huge when a team is so close to the cap hit.

Id probably target someone like Regher as a return. I know he is loved by Flame fans and they wont like to imagine trading him. Rumor is Phaneuf was run out of town because largely he couldnt get along with Regher. I think though the Flames committed to Bouwmeester to be their stud on the blueline when they gave him the 7 million dollar contract.

Maybe a deal of Bergeron/Wideman for Regher/Higgens/Conroy and a first might work for both teams? Higgens has clearly struggled and is an impending UFA. Conroy is nearing the end of the ropes and is also an UFA. The three flame guys make just over 7.3 mill while the 2 Bruins make about 8,5. Cap room in Calgary might be hard to make work?

I think talent wise though the deal favors Calgary... get a bonafide front line guy to work with Iginla and get an offensive minded dman that needs a change of scenery but has had some golden moments the last couple seasons.

For Boston, we get a solid top dman to play with Chara and then free up cap space to go hunting for the winger we need to play with Savard. It would be sad to see a bigtime fan favorite leave the team... specially in a year that hes been the Bruins best player, but ultimately looking forward I think cap management is a concern in Boston and when you have 3 centers, theres probably only room to keep 2

I personally vote to keep Savard/Krecji and that makes Bergeron the odd man out unless he ends up being converted to become the winger that we need for Savards line. And I suppose thats a possibility too
That is a gross deal for Boston. If Chiarelli pulled the trigger on that, I would probably be pushed over the brink to insanity.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 12:51 AM
  #80
Silvesta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
To Boston:

Langkow and Dawes

To Calgary:

Michael Ryder

Silvesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 07:56 AM
  #81
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 17,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvesta View Post
To Boston:

Langkow and Dawes

To Calgary:

Michael Ryder
Player Value: Boston wins
Contracts: Calgary wins
Needs: I don't see it fitting either team's needs. It certainly makes no sense for Boston as 1) we don't want 2 Fs for 1 2) While I like Dawes as a player, our bottom 6 is fine as is and already too crowded 3) There's no room for another C in Langkow. Perhaps he can be moved to the wing, but I don't see him as a better goal scoring option than Ryder, and that's what the team needs.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 08:12 AM
  #82
Lord Ahriman
Registered User
 
Lord Ahriman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Player Value: Boston wins
Contracts: Calgary wins
Needs: I don't see it fitting either team's needs. It certainly makes no sense for Boston as 1) we don't want 2 Fs for 1 2) While I like Dawes as a player, our bottom 6 is fine as is and already too crowded 3) There's no room for another C in Langkow. Perhaps he can be moved to the wing, but I don't see him as a better goal scoring option than Ryder, and that's what the team needs.

I agree, Dr, but in general is a much better proposal than others that we have seen.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 09:18 AM
  #83
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
to the OP... so you want a pass first center?... here is an idea... MATT STAJAN... give the guy more than 7 games... he has started looking really good with Iggy especially the last 3 games

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 09:19 AM
  #84
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvesta View Post
To Boston:

Langkow and Dawes

To Calgary:

Michael Ryder
wow... horrible proposal... just horrible

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 09:21 AM
  #85
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
I agree, Dr, but in general is a much better proposal than others that we have seen.
how is that better than anything? that is a ****ing horrible proposal... ignoring contracts I wouldn't trade Dawes straight up for Ryder... let alone move Langkow as well

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 09:23 AM
  #86
BlackAce*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: AceTown, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
to the OP... so you want a pass first center?... here is an idea... MATT STAJAN... give the guy more than 7 games... he has started looking really good with Iggy especially the last 3 games
Agree fully... Staj is looking good with Iggy for sure... As for Dawes in a trade deal, I don't like it... I think Dawes will put it together... even if it is in streaks... He's got game! I am a fan

BlackAce* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 10:01 AM
  #87
madmike77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,314
vCash: 500
Stajan in my opinion will be fine with Iginla. He's a much better match than Jokkinen was. He's not a true number one centre, but he's really not much worse than Langkow was a few years ago.

Since bringing in Stajan and promoting Backlund, the Flames have looked better. One area that's improved dramatically is their faceoff percentage. They're still going to struggle scoring goals, but the effort is there and they've carried the play in most games since the trade.

I don't really see the Flames making any more big deals. A true number one centre would be nice, but I think it's going to be too expensive for them.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.