HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Did Anyone Hear The Moreau Interview On 1260 Today

Old
02-17-2010, 05:20 AM
dixs35

vCash: 250
Did Anyone Hear The Moreau Interview On 1260 Today

He said something to the effect of he knows when scouts are in the stands and it makes him want to play harder. R U KIDDIN ME.... WTF.

dixs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 06:12 AM
nullterm

vCash: 500
I know he's a great guy and all off the ice, but MOreau has never been really very careful about choosing his words when talking to the media so I've learned not to jump on him for one interview. He's just honest about the way he feels. If he is delt, then I think after the fact he'll probably then spill the beans on what he thought of the team and coaching (ie. Quinn).

Watching him play last game was hard to put into words. I just wish THAT was the Moreau playing for the team the last season or two. Same for Horcoff. The club might be in a much different situation.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 06:15 AM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullterm View Post
I just wish THAT was the Moreau playing for the team the last season or two.
they obviously cant.
doh!

dumb thing to say by him but "eh", hopefully hes gone by the deadline and never returns.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 08:27 AM
myteammytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
He said something to the effect of he knows when scouts are in the stands and it makes him want to play harder. R U KIDDIN ME.... WTF.

who is this mureau and when did mact ruin him?

myteammytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 08:41 AM
hemskysuncle

sorry...maybe he is not good at holding his tongue..but he is the captain still sin't he?

hemskysuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 08:49 AM
subnet
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 144
the problem (well, one of many) is that when he played like he has the past few games (i.e. the Moreau of old), he was very effective but it is what got him hurt. He can't play like that for 82 games anymore...

subnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Mentallydull

Quote:
Originally Posted by subnet View Post
the problem (well, one of many) is that when he played like he has the past few games (i.e. the Moreau of old), he was very effective but it is what got him hurt. He can't play like that for 82 games anymore...
Then he should retire.

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Best Captain in the NHL. Can't wait to see him gone.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Kinda shows the disrespect he has for the paying fans, doesn't it?

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Copperhead

Well it was pretty obvious that he has been disinterested this year so I'm not surprised.

Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Once he is gone, I suspect word will leak out that this guy was nothing but poison.

What has he brought us in the last 4 years. Two years of injury and two years of suck. Funny how the best two year period in the last 4, were the years he was injured for the most part.

Worst Captain in the history of the NHL!

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:38 AM
AUAIOMRN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullterm View Post
I know he's a great guy and all off the ice, but MOreau has never been really very careful about choosing his words when talking to the media so I've learned not to jump on him for one interview. He's just honest about the way he feels. If he is delt, then I think after the fact he'll probably then spill the beans on what he thought of the team and coaching (ie. Quinn).

Watching him play last game was hard to put into words. I just wish THAT was the Moreau playing for the team the last season or two. Same for Horcoff. The club might be in a much different situation.
That would be the exact problem with this quote. If he's capable of trying harder then he wasn't trying his hardest to begin with.

AUAIOMRN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by myteammytown View Post
who is this mureau and when did mact ruin him?
I'm pretty sure he means Muriel.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Kinda shows the disrespect he has for the paying fans, doesn't it?
How many times has this ass hat *****ed about the fans? Seriously he gets paid top dollar and whines about the fans when the team shows no effort? What a piece of ****. I hope that he knows that a trade is going down and that this was his parting shot, if not he should be buried in the minors if the deadline passes and he's still with us. **** him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
Well it was pretty obvious that he has been disinterested this year so I'm not surprised.
That is what you want from you Captain no? I hope whoever he gets dealt to he gets embarrassed in the postseason and torn to shreds by the local media and fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUAIOMRN View Post
That would be the exact problem with this quote. If he's capable of trying harder then he wasn't trying his hardest to begin with.
Yup, a true Captain, always giving 40% except when you see a ticket off the team

Old
02-17-2010, 11:04 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

I didn't hear the interview, but it doesn't surprise me. Ethan Moreau, is really all about Ethan Moreau. Worst captain ever.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Tikkfan55

Totally agree! Moreau is the biggest piece of ka-ka to ever wear the 'C' in my opinion!The sooner they move that waste of space the better off! As far as we know, he was a big contributer to the "negativity" in the locker room last year AND this year!

Tikkfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Julio18

Ship hip an his "trainer" brother to Siberia! KHL or bust.

Julio18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Traktor*

Moreau deserves to be in the AHL. To be honest I would rather see him riding the bus in Springfield for the next 1.5 years than get a 6th rounder for him.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 11:23 AM
roadtoglory

He is an honest guy to a fault. A great attribute for a human being but not so great for the captain of our team. Perhaps he can't bring himself to BS anyone about his play and the current state of the Oilers.

This makes it pretty obvious he needs to be traded this year. Get him off the team and play someone willing to put a consistant effort in even though the team may not be too good. Get rid of him, it's sad that our captain has this attitude. Totally unprofessional. NO wonder this team is so enigmatic.

roadtoglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Skating View Post
Moreau deserves to be in the AHL. To be honest I would rather see him riding the bus in Springfield for the next 1.5 years than get a 6th rounder for him.
I agree, but would we really want this dick to be around the kids?

Old
02-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtoglory View Post
He is an honest guy to a fault. A great attribute for a human being but not so great for the captain of our team. Perhaps he can't bring himself to BS anyone about his play and the current state of the Oilers.

This makes it pretty obvious he needs to be traded this year. Get him off the team and play someone willing to put a consistant effort in even though the team may not be too good. Get rid of him, it's sad that our captain has this attitude. Totally unprofessional. NO wonder this team is so enigmatic.
Moreau gets dealt to Pittsburgh. Hey Sid and Malkin, you guys are great players, but Ovechkin is better.

Sid and Evgeny: "get this piece of **** outta here!"

Old
02-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Master Lok

I can't hear his interview (because I'm at work) but this runs counter to his interview in this article today.

的f I知 here I値l continue to do the same things I致e always done. I値l work as hard as I can for this organization. If I知 not, hopefully there痴 an opportunity for me somewhere else."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../12892781.html

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 11:35 AM
deanmoriarty

Just going off his interviews over the last couple seasons it seems Chopper has got a ****** attitude and is a little full of himself.

deanmoriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 11:38 AM
dasivon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
I can't hear his interview (because I'm at work) but this runs counter to his interview in this article today.

的f I知 here I値l continue to do the same things I致e always done. I値l work as hard as I can for this organization. If I知 not, hopefully there痴 an opportunity for me somewhere else."

Damage control?

Everything I have heard suggests he is gone by the end of the year. Who would the torch pass to? I am guessing Gagner or Lubo.

dasivon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 11:39 AM
roadtoglory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post

To me this says this just backs up what everyone else in this thread seems to think, that he is not trying. He is honest and no doubt he is not lying in this quote, 'If I'm not(putting in 100% effore), then hopefully there's an opportunity somewhere else(trade).

He has already insinuated that he is no longer trying and by this, according to this quote, he wants/hopes to be traded.

good riddance

roadtoglory is offline   Reply With Quote