HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Did Anyone Hear The Moreau Interview On 1260 Today

Old
02-17-2010, 12:41 PM
roadtoglory

vCash: 500
oh, I think we may all be surprised by how much return we get for him.
not saying he is going to be traded. just saying

roadtoglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 12:41 PM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 777
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
That's our captain!

I get the feeling that once he's gone, things are going to change for the better--especially next year.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 12:52 PM
theoil

I notice the 'it doesn't really matter who wears the C' crowd aren't around much in the Moreau threads this year.

theoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Mentallydull

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtoglory View Post
To me this says this just backs up what everyone else in this thread seems to think, that he is not trying. He is honest and no doubt he is not lying in this quote, 'If I'm not(putting in 100% effore), then hopefully there's an opportunity somewhere else(trade).

He has already insinuated that he is no longer trying and by this, according to this quote, he wants/hopes to be traded.

good riddance
I read that more as if he's not here then hopefully there's an opportunity somewhere else.

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmoriarty View Post
Just going off his interviews over the last couple seasons it seems Chopper has got a ****** attitude and is a little full of himself.
Yes I can not agree more. I would add to that that he never seems to take the blame on himself and loves to point fingers at others being the problem (last season it was the young forwards and this season he blamed the young goalies). In addition to all of the other dumb things he said the last couple years. He was easily IMO our worst forward in the first 25-30 games and never once called himself out.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 01:24 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
Yes I can not agree more. I would add to that that he never seems to take the blame on himself and loves to point fingers at others being the problem (last season it was the young forwards and this season he blamed the young goalies). In addition to all of the other dumb things he said the last couple years. He was easily IMO our worst forward in the first 25-30 games and never once called himself out.
It is worse then that though. He also takes credit for the good work of others under the leadership mantle. The most pissed I have even been at him was at the end of that 5 game win streak. After the Blues game where we came from behind he had a quote where he basically said it was the leadership from guys like Horcoff, Staios(and himself) and spurred the team on to win, when it was obviously Gagner, Brule and Penner who won that game for us. Is it any wonder we took a nosedive right after Moreau said that?

He can't be gone fast enough. He should have been dealt last summer.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 01:28 PM
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
I notice the 'it doesn't really matter who wears the C' crowd aren't around much in the Moreau threads this year.
Moreau is playing like **** and I still think the player that has been given the 'C' is overrated.

Happy?

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskysuncle View Post
sorry...maybe he is not good at holding his tongue..but he is the captain still sin't he?
The fact that he is the captain should hold him to a higher standard than the rest of the team. Coming out and saying those types of things is not acceptable by any player let alone your captain. I just lost all respect for the guy right there. He doesn't try his hardest unless their are scouts in the crowd? Shouldn't you be trying your hardest every night there Ethan?

If you were being sarcastic I'm sorry I missed it.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Rawker

For what its worth, i dont think anyone on the team considers him the captain, and by now neither do the fans. Souray is the de facto voice in the room, or atleast i hope to god he is.

Rawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Auguste Escoffier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawker View Post
For what its worth, i dont think anyone on the team considers him the captain, and by now neither do the fans. Souray is the de facto voice in the room, or atleast i hope to god he is.
We all know he was last year. I hope his change of heart about leaving hasn't made himself alienate the team.

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
alanschu

I'm curious what interview the OP is referring to. I'd be surprised if they aired it at 4 AM, and doubly surprised that no one else made reference to it before hand.

Old
02-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Tommy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Gauge View Post
The fact that he is the captain should hold him to a higher standard than the rest of the team. Coming out and saying those types of things is not acceptable by any player let alone your captain. I just lost all respect for the guy right there. He doesn't try his hardest unless their are scouts in the crowd? Shouldn't you be trying your hardest every night there Ethan?
What took you so long

Tommy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Petro Points

mehh ... maybe hes a true Oiler and wants us to get the maximum return possible for him. Keep impressin them scouts Ethan

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 02:16 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
Moreau is playing like **** and I still think the player that has been given the 'C' is overrated.

Happy?
Not really. Has nothing to do with happy. Obviously you still don't get the influence for better or worse that can be weilded by those with titles. IMO you have missed the point of a fairly painful lesson.

theoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

I can't believe that anyone would still want to interview Moreau.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
All I can say is that I am very happy that kids like Eberle and MPS are nowhere near the team this year.

Old
02-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Vagabond

Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Gator was an okaaaaay captain but when you compare him to Moreau.. he's ****ing amazing! I never understood why Moreau was named captain on the Oilers team form the beginning.

Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Gator was an okaaaaay captain but when you compare him to Moreau.. he's ****ing amazing! I never understood why Moreau was named captain on the Oilers team form the beginning.
Moreau always had the leadership and heart. It was when he stopped giving a **** is when his captaincy became a problem imho.

Old
02-17-2010, 02:36 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
I actually liked the decision at the time . Man was I wrong. I thought he or Horcoff should get it. Both would have been bad calls, but at least Horcoff is a humble guy unlike Captain Ego.

I did like Gator though, I though he quietly led by example and expected others to follow his classy lead.

Edit: I too am interested if anyone else can verify the OP's interview? A source would be great.

Last edited by s7ark: 02-17-2010 at 02:51 PM.
s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
He said something to the effect of he knows when scouts are in the stands and it makes him want to play harder. R U KIDDIN ME.... WTF.
That makes sense why when I said "Good game against Anaheim! You are amazing!" he gave me a pitiful "thanks".

Paralyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
He has a history of doing that. After Salo left he threw him under the bus indicating more or less that the reason our pk stunk that year was due to Salo.

He did the same thing with Pitkanen after he was gone, dumped all over the guy. He's been a lousy captain for a number of years now, even before he became a lousy hockey player.

Beerfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
I'm curious what interview the OP is referring to. I'd be surprised if they aired it at 4 AM, and doubly surprised that no one else made reference to it before hand.
I heard the interview yesterday on Gregor...sometime between 4:30 PM and 5:30 PM. I believe it was a repeat of the original interview that was done the day before..please correct me if I'm wrong. As far as the OP, that's basically exactly what Moreau said regarding scouts and Moreau playing better when the scouts are watchng. I'm surprised this thread wasn't started earlier, because the OP is exactly what I said to myself too!

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 03:19 PM
alanschu

Quote:
Not really. Has nothing to do with happy. Obviously you still don't get the influence for better or worse that can be weilded by those with titles. IMO you have missed the point of a fairly painful lesson.
I think people are looking for scapegoats, and certainly like to make excuses.

I do not feel that this team would be significantly better if a player other than Ethan Moreau was named Captain, nor do I consider him to be a significant contributor to the on ice problems (outside of his crappy play).

Old
02-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Here's the podcast from 1260's Gregor show:

Feb 16/Hour 3/starts at 5:55

http://www.theteam1260.com/sound_byt...uary_16th/721/

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 03:27 PM
T-Funk

I find it very hard to believe that we've never had any scouts in the stands all year

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote