HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: brodeur vs snow

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 06:02 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
OT: brodeur vs snow

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...25_172844_5020

Snow responds to Brodeur
Quote:
N.Y. (CP) -- Islanders goalie Garth Snow says Devils counterpart Marty Brodeur should mind his own business.

Brodeur, in a column he wrote for Le Journal de Montreal, accused Snow of adding pieces to his pads to stop pucks.

"His shoulder pads are so big, he looks like Goldorak, the robot I watched killing the bad guys on TV when I was a kid," Brodeur wrote.

Snow wasn't impressed.

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones," Snow told Newsday. "Marty should worry more about his personal matters."

Divorce rumours swirled around Brodeur during the playoffs last spring.
was Snow's full quote "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones because it'll be a b!tch to get all that broken glass out of the stanley cup"? i hope the two charge each other at center ice this year.

Old
09-27-2003, 06:05 PM
Barnaby

I'm sick of Snow....

Old
09-27-2003, 06:21 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Good one Garth. In 15 years no one will know who you ever were while Marty is heading into the Hall of Fame. The only thing that'll be remembered about the 2003 Stanley Cup is the fact he won it.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:02 PM
Laches

What a silly little spat, let your play do the talking, boys.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:03 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Brodeur does have a big mouth, but Snow really took the "low road" with his comments.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Edge

eh two b-tches running their mouth, hopefully the exchange punches and knock each other out.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:21 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Meow.

Old
09-27-2003, 09:27 PM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
Brodeur does have a big mouth, but Snow really took the "low road" with his comments.

As much as I hate the Devils and Marty , I have to give him the proper respect he's do. Although alot of us may say he's overrated, you have to side with Marty on this one. Snow is the king of loopholes.

I don't like either of them but Marty has WAY more room to talk than the guy from Wayne's world.

Old
09-27-2003, 10:18 PM
Edge

I'd say the same thing in Garth's position. I dont tolerate BS from someone who has more important things to worry such as his little soap opera.

Unless you are prepared to have bullets fired back at you, don't go shooting your guns.

Old
09-28-2003, 03:09 AM
meehan

Send a message via ICQ to meehan Send a message via AIM to meehan Send a message via MSN to meehan Send a message via Yahoo to meehan Send a message via Skype™ to meehan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I dont tolerate BS from someone who has more important things to worry such as his little soap opera.
It's funny how in a season where Brodeur was plagued by "personal problems" he managed to backstop his team to the stanley cup and win the vezina trophy. I think Brodeur knows how to keep his priorities in check. I wonder how he will fare this season as his personal problems are a thing of the past. Snow has got to be able to come up with a better retort, he had a whole day to think about it.

Old
09-28-2003, 01:12 PM
Edge

oh please, no one said it affected his on ice play.

We were talking about him flapping his yap.

He's like holik in the sense that he's got something to say on everything and honestly snow returned the favor.

like i said, dont say something if you dont want someone to say something back.

Old
09-28-2003, 01:16 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:

He's like holik in the sense that he's got something to say on everything and honestly snow returned the favor.

You're assuming Marty even cared for what Snow had to say, I have a feeling he doesn't.

Old
09-28-2003, 04:44 PM
Edge

And I'm sure Marty's opinions really kept snow up at night.

Fact is he fired off a warning shot "don't load bullets you're gonna cant fire".

You know Snow would just be crazy enough to beat the living daylights outta brodeur if the dev's wear creaming the isles.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:08 PM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I'm sick of Snow....
Ya but Marty is always runing his big mouth. He use to take a lot of shots at Richter. Must be he needs a new NY US goalie to run his mouth about.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:15 PM
RANGER#11

Quote:
I'd say the same thing in Garth's position. I dont tolerate BS from someone who has more important things to worry such as his little soap opera.

Unless you are prepared to have bullets fired back at you, don't go shooting your guns.
I agree Edge Snow did not start it. Marty wants to run his mouth to bad for him. I would love to see them go at it on the ice. Goalie fights are cool.

Old
09-28-2003, 07:08 PM
meehan

Send a message via ICQ to meehan Send a message via AIM to meehan Send a message via MSN to meehan Send a message via Yahoo to meehan Send a message via Skype™ to meehan
Quote:

Fact is he fired off a warning shot "don't load bullets you're gonna cant fire".

You know Snow would just be crazy enough to beat the living daylights outta brodeur if the dev's wear creaming the isles.
Don't load bullets you're gonna cant fire eh? What a brilliant philosophy.

How about this for a quote: "Take a few seconds to read over your posts and avoid sounding like a retard".

Old
09-28-2003, 07:31 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:

What? None of what you're saying makes sense. It's not like Marty has said anything since Snow's comments and not like Marty did not expect Snow one of the most outspoken people to talk back. Talk about getting worked up over nothing.

Old
09-28-2003, 07:34 PM
Tbg1515

Quote:

He didnt say anything about the guys personal problems, Marty was saying stuff about the illegal pads some goalies use, and that little ***** Snow went way to far.......What has garth Snow ever done in the NHL he Sucks

Old
09-28-2003, 07:43 PM
Barnaby

Lets leave at this... they are both morons

Or if you like one of them.... a simple misunderstanding

Old
09-29-2003, 12:11 AM
Trottier
Very Random

I'd like one of those "morons" in net for my team, wouldn't you? I got into a verbal tussle with fellow NYI fans on this because I had the audacity to suggest that Snow's comments were classless. My reasoning:

There's a difference between making a comment (right or wrong) about something having to do with the game (goalie pads), it's a different story to bring up someone's personal life and foibles. Marty playing with his wife's sis is not condoned here (frankly, could care less, it's not my business, nor worth my time; I follow hockey, not Page Six of the Post). And he's made his own bed (np pun intended), now he has to sleep in it.

But snow should have taken a higher road in his retort.

Of course, just my opinion.

Separately, for anyone suggesting that Brodeur shouldn't open his mouth about Snow's Michelin Man pads, do you feel the same way about Sather's whining on the same topic last season?

Old
09-29-2003, 04:52 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
I'd like one of those "morons" in net for my team, wouldn't you? I got into a verbal tussle with fellow NYI fans on this because I had the audacity to suggest that Snow's comments were classless. My reasoning:

There's a difference between making a comment (right or wrong) about something having to do with the game (goalie pads), it's a different story to bring up someone's personal life and foibles. Marty playing with his wife's sis is not condoned here (frankly, could care less, it's not my business, nor worth my time; I follow hockey, not Page Six of the Post). And he's made his own bed (np pun intended), now he has to sleep in it.

But snow should have taken a higher road in his retort.

Of course, just my opinion.

Separately, for anyone suggesting that Brodeur shouldn't open his mouth about Snow's Michelin Man pads, do you feel the same way about Sather's whining on the same topic last season?
I would love to have Marty in nets for us, but that doesn't mean that he gets a free pass here. That is absolute BS in my opinion.

He is the one who began the stupid cat fight by criticizing Snow by name. At first I took Martys side, but the more I think about, the more that I realize I would have been pissed too. I don't like Garth, but all he said was "don't throw stones if you live in a glass house." Sure it would have been better to say "No comment" like Richter probably would have but who really cares? I doubt either player lost much sleep over it so why should we? These are grown men... Ive heard much worse so who really cares? Don't get so upset over something that either player could probably care less about.

Sather felt like he may have won a game if not for those pads when the Rangers were grasping after a last playoff spot. Yes, In my mind that is a little different then a fellow player (and Stanley Cup Champion, Snow obviously never hurt NJ) criticizing someone before the season starts, but again these are grown men here, neither player is loosing any sleep so why do we care?

Old
09-29-2003, 07:07 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Marty is a sore winner. The guy has arguably been the best goalie in the league for the past 5 seasons, he's won Cups and he's still whining about a goalie who did not get passed the first round last season.

And he complained about Holik when his own GM dropped the ball before the '01-'02 season. The same GM who balked at 5M per was ready to pay 8M per when Holik hit the open market.

Marty just shut up. Of course, Garth Snow has never been confused with class either.

09-29-2003, 08:50 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I doubt either player lost much sleep over it so why should we? These are grown men... Ive heard much worse so who really cares? Don't get so upset over something that either player could probably care less about.
True.

Old
09-29-2003, 09:06 AM
303Joe

I'll chime in here as an Isles fan...

1st there no questioning how good Brodeur is. The guy won 3 cups so far that says plenty. Yeah I know Snow is at best an average goalie in this league. But the one thing he nevers does is back down. I remeber a few occasions when the smug ***** Sather went after him a few times about his pads and Snow gave the usual you're team isn't even in the playoffs and you're worried about my pads, I would think you would have something a little more to worry about.
Now we have Marty boy feeling he should say something about Snow and the rule changes. Snow was right at what he said when the ruile came out that goalies are all different sizes wat next making them all wear the same size skate. He's right by the way did you see they made Dunham take away the inside knee protector before the game yesterday. Snow was right when he said wait till a big team loses a top gaolie due to a knee injury for lack of proetection then we'll see what the NHL says. As for his comment about Marty boy should throw stones what the big deal. i'm sure stuff like this is said all the time on the ice. Martys a big boy and can handle it if he has a problem w/ it i'm sure he can appraoch Snow next time they play each other before or after the game and tell him what he thinks.

Old
09-29-2003, 01:02 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by meehan
Don't load bullets you're gonna cant fire eh? What a brilliant philosophy.

How about this for a quote: "Take a few seconds to read over your posts and avoid sounding like a retard".
Dont bark up the wrong tree my friend, consider yourself warned.

You wanna discuss the issue we'll discuss the issue, but don't cross the line.

Closed Thread