HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

2/17/10 Are you watching women's Olympic hockey?

View Poll Results: Are you watching women's Olympic hockey?
Yes 30 37.04%
No 22 27.16%
Only the medal games 15 18.52%
if there is nothing else on 14 17.28%
the wife is making me 0 0%
they're on too early! 0 0%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Andy Martin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
How could I miss the point with you HA101 when you are as predictable as the time the sun will rise whenever anybody dares to question the role of women in society, sports or anything else for that matter.

Just thought I would give you a little challenge since you were wiping the floor with the othre poster who seemed unable to make the leap.

But my question is still a legitimate question and the fact that you refuse to answer it doesn't really surprise me. Is it really so hard for you to admit why this isn't and can't be the case?
Women's and Men's sports aren't and likely never will be on the same level, that's why.

Old
02-18-2010, 12:45 AM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Martin View Post
Women's and Men's sports aren't and likely never will be on the same level, that's why.
Not quite imo. In sports not requiring muscle mass women compete with men very well.

I just like to tease HA101 because her blind spot is definitely when it comes to gender issues as you can tell from her little dance to avoid answering a question that everybody over the age of 12 knows the answer to just because she can't bring herself to admit that men are better at anything than women are.

I am just trying to help her to evolve.

Old
02-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Andy Martin

Quote:
Not quite imo. In sports not requiring muscle mass women compete with men very well.

I just like to tease HA101 because her blind spot is definitely when it comes to gender issues as you can tell from her little dance to avoid answering a question that everybody over the age of 12 knows the answer to just because she can't bring herself to admit that men are better at anything than women are.

I am just trying to help her to evolve.
BATTLE OF THE SEXES FOR THE OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL! WHO WILL WIN?!? WHO?

Old
02-18-2010, 12:48 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Oh so we should remove all women's sports! About time you admitted your true colours.

So basically women are not men and do not compete at the same level so they are not as important!

Old
02-18-2010, 12:49 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
BATTLE OF THE SEXES FOR THE OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL! WHO WILL WIN?!? WHO?
Are you 12? Of course the men would win but the fact that you are resorting to that as your argument is pathetic!

Old
02-18-2010, 12:51 AM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Are you 12? Of course the men would win but the fact that you are resorting to that as your argument is pathetic!
And your refusal to answer my question is . . . . what?

Old
02-18-2010, 12:52 AM
Andy Martin

Quote:
Oh so we should remove all women's sports! About time you admitted your true colours.

So basically women are not men and do not compete at the same level so they are not as important!
When did I EVER say to remove all women's sports? You'd make one hell of a politician. Things like women's aerials, snowboarding, alpine skiing, speed skating, hell EVEN FIGURE SKATING(things that are competitive), something as one sided as women's hockey, should not.

Old
02-18-2010, 12:52 AM
Andy Martin

Quote:
Sarcasm doesn't translate well to the internet.

Old
02-18-2010, 12:54 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
And your refusal to answer my question is . . . . what?
I already answered your question! Why don't you read my answer!

Old
02-18-2010, 12:56 AM
theoil

Quote:
I already answered your question! Why don't you read my answer!
Hilarious if it wasn't just a little bit sad.

Old
02-18-2010, 01:00 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Sarcasm doesn't translate well to the internet.
The fact that you resorted to the battle of the sexes argument was very funny and showed your true colours. If you actually think this discussion was about a battle of the sexes than I truly feel sorry!

I would have hoped that people would realized that the argument was the improvement of the sport of hockey!

The fact that a few of you have turned it into some kind of battle of the sexes is truly sad.

No sarcasm intented!

Old
02-18-2010, 01:01 AM
Andy Martin

Quote:
The fact that you resorted to the battle of the sexes argument was very funny and showed your true colours. If you actually think this discussion was about a battle of the sexes than I truly feel sorry!

I would have hoped that people would realized that the argument was the improvement of the sport of hockey!

The fact that a few of you have turned it into some kind of battle of the sexes is truly sad.

No sarcasm intented!
I wasn't using 'battle of the sexes' as an argument. It was as a sarcastic joke.

Since we're talking about the 'improvement of the game', how would you improve women's hockeyO?

Old
02-18-2010, 01:02 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Hilarious if it wasn't just a little bit sad.
It is truly sad that people like you are so concerned about some perceived battle of the sexes when that is not even close to the point!

Yes it is sad!

Old
02-18-2010, 01:06 AM
theoil

Quote:

No sarcasm intented!
Well to be honest now HA101 you did that by citing the example of how the history of men's hockey in the olympics should serve as a template for women's hockey. And you unwillingness to answer me directly and prefer to just beat up on Andy whom you have proven over and over again that to be in over his head is really not all that sporting of you.

Now is it?

Old
02-18-2010, 01:09 AM
Andy Martin

Quote:
It is truly sad that people like you are so concerned about some perceived battle of the sexes when that is not even close to the point!

Yes it is sad!
If you thought the 'battle of the sexes' was a legit, serious argument you need to wake up and give you head a shake.

Again, How would you improve women's hockey and make it more competitive on the Olympic level? Since we're talking about 'improving the game'

Old
02-18-2010, 01:09 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
I wasn't using 'battle of the sexes' as an argument. It was as a sarcastic joke.

Since we're talking about the 'improvement of the game', how would you improve women's hockeyO?
by not comparing it to men's is a start. It will never be as fast etc as mens sport.

Secondly, by giving it time. Once other countries start catching up it will improve the game!

Look at what the soviet influence did for hockey! The Americans and Canadian teams need to be pushed.

Thirdly, more participation. Obviously the bigger the talent pool the better the game will become.

Lastly, patience it is not going to happen overnight. It will take time(as we saw historically) for the competive nature to improve.

Old
02-18-2010, 01:10 AM
theoil

Quote:

Yes it is sad!
Oh, I do believe you are getting annoyed now HA101.

I guess I will take that as my cue to let you go back to beating up on Andy which you seemed to be enjoying so much.

Old
02-18-2010, 01:13 AM
Andy Martin

Quote:
by not comparing it to men's is a start. It will never be as fast etc as mens sport.

Secondly, by giving it time. Once other countries start catching up it will improve the game!

Look at what the soviet influence did for hockey! The Americans and Canadian teams need to be pushed.

Thirdly, more participation. Obviously the bigger the talent pool the better the game will become.

Lastly, patience it is not going to happen overnight. It will take time(as we saw historically) for the competive nature to improve.
Alright. It's obviously not going to happen overnight(No one said it would), but do you feel it would be that much more beneficial to keep it as an Olympic sport as compared to just having an annual World Championship?(Honest question)

Old
02-18-2010, 01:14 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Well to be honest now HA101 you did that by citing the example of how the history of men's hockey in the olympics should serve as a template for women's hockey. And you unwillingness to answer me directly and prefer to just beat up on Andy whom you have proven over and over again that to be in over his head is really not all that sporting of you.

Now is it?
Goodness gracious you want me to argue something that was not my point?

You missed the point by a country mile, the fact that your point is somehow related to what I am trying is incomphrehensible to me.

So we have nothing to discuss!

Old
02-18-2010, 01:19 AM
theoil

Quote:
Goodness gracious you want me to argue something that was not my point?

You missed the point by a country mile, the fact that your point is somehow related to what I am trying is incomphrehensible to me.

So we have nothing to discuss!
My question to you was short and simple. You don't want to answer it and are hiding behind the argument that it wasn't your point. I asked a simple question of you HA101.

Do you think it is time to join the modern world and ban gender segregation in sports?

Are you telling me you don't have an opinion or is that you only answer questions you approve of?

I think we all know it is the latter.

Old
02-18-2010, 01:19 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Alright. It's obviously not going to happen overnight(No one said it would), but do you feel it would be that much more beneficial to keep it as an Olympic sport as compared to just having an annual World Championship?(Honest question)
No offence taken, I am now enjoying our discussion.

Yes because the olympics is the best forum. Countries will invest monies to try to win an olympic medal.

It really is (as painful as it is to watch) the only way for other countries to see the impetus to improve.

Old
02-18-2010, 01:22 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
My question to you was short and simple. You don't want to answer it and are hiding behind the argument that it wasn't your point. I asked a simple question of you HA101.

Do you think it is time to join the modern world and ban gender segregation in sports?

Are you telling me you don't have an opinion or is that you only answer questions you approve of?

what a stupid question! No I do not.

It is not at all related to what I am trying to say or argue but I have answered your pathetic and assinine question! Are you happy now?

Old
02-18-2010, 01:28 AM
theoil

Quote:

It is not at all related to what I am trying to say or argue but I have answered your pathetic and assinine question! Are you happy now?
Now, now HA101, there are no such things as pathetic and assinine questions if they help us all to learn.

So should this segregation extend down all age levels? Should girls not be allowed, for example, to play in boy's leagues at the age of 9 for example? Because boys certainly wouldn't be allowed to play on a girl's team I don't believe. Or do we just invoke this segration for the Olympics or sports where women would not be able to compete if the competition was co-ed?

Old
02-18-2010, 01:29 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:

Old
02-18-2010, 01:38 AM
theoil

Quote:

Oh this was never about making me happy. This was about you wanting to turn this into a 'women are as good as men' thread by beating up on Andy who didn't have the wit to duck and take cover and I thought I would have a little fun at your expense because you are so totally without a sense of humour whenever the subject involves in any way, shape or form women in sport.

And now I know you are actually opposed to gender equality which surprises me not at all.

Closed Thread