HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

2/17/10 Are you watching women's Olympic hockey?

View Poll Results: Are you watching women's Olympic hockey?
Yes 30 37.04%
No 22 27.16%
Only the medal games 15 18.52%
if there is nothing else on 14 17.28%
the wife is making me 0 0%
they're on too early! 0 0%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2010, 12:40 AM
  #101
Andy Martin
Registered User
 
Andy Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
How could I miss the point with you HA101 when you are as predictable as the time the sun will rise whenever anybody dares to question the role of women in society, sports or anything else for that matter.

Just thought I would give you a little challenge since you were wiping the floor with the othre poster who seemed unable to make the leap.

But my question is still a legitimate question and the fact that you refuse to answer it doesn't really surprise me. Is it really so hard for you to admit why this isn't and can't be the case?
Women's and Men's sports aren't and likely never will be on the same level, that's why.

Andy Martin is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 12:45 AM
  #102
theoil
Registered User
 
theoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Martin View Post
Women's and Men's sports aren't and likely never will be on the same level, that's why.
Not quite imo. In sports not requiring muscle mass women compete with men very well.

I just like to tease HA101 because her blind spot is definitely when it comes to gender issues as you can tell from her little dance to avoid answering a question that everybody over the age of 12 knows the answer to just because she can't bring herself to admit that men are better at anything than women are.

I am just trying to help her to evolve.

theoil is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 12:47 AM
  #103
Andy Martin
Registered User
 
Andy Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
Not quite imo. In sports not requiring muscle mass women compete with men very well.

I just like to tease HA101 because her blind spot is definitely when it comes to gender issues as you can tell from her little dance to avoid answering a question that everybody over the age of 12 knows the answer to just because she can't bring herself to admit that men are better at anything than women are.

I am just trying to help her to evolve.
BATTLE OF THE SEXES FOR THE OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL! WHO WILL WIN?!? WHO?

Andy Martin is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 12:48 AM
  #104
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Martin View Post
Women's and Men's sports aren't and likely never will be on the same level, that's why.
Oh so we should remove all women's sports! About time you admitted your true colours.

So basically women are not men and do not compete at the same level so they are not as important!

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 12:49 AM
  #105
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Martin View Post
BATTLE OF THE SEXES FOR THE OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL! WHO WILL WIN?!? WHO?
Are you 12? Of course the men would win but the fact that you are resorting to that as your argument is pathetic!

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 12:51 AM
  #106
theoil
Registered User
 
theoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Are you 12? Of course the men would win but the fact that you are resorting to that as your argument is pathetic!
And your refusal to answer my question is . . . . what?

theoil is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 12:52 AM
  #107
Andy Martin
Registered User
 
Andy Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Oh so we should remove all women's sports! About time you admitted your true colours.

So basically women are not men and do not compete at the same level so they are not as important!
When did I EVER say to remove all women's sports? You'd make one hell of a politician. Things like women's aerials, snowboarding, alpine skiing, speed skating, hell EVEN FIGURE SKATING(things that are competitive), something as one sided as women's hockey, should not.

Andy Martin is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 12:52 AM
  #108
Andy Martin
Registered User
 
Andy Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Are you 12? Of course the men would win but the fact that you are resorting to that as your argument is pathetic!
Sarcasm doesn't translate well to the internet.

Andy Martin is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 12:54 AM
  #109
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
And your refusal to answer my question is . . . . what?
I already answered your question! Why don't you read my answer!

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 12:56 AM
  #110
theoil
Registered User
 
theoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
I already answered your question! Why don't you read my answer!
Hilarious if it wasn't just a little bit sad.

theoil is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 01:00 AM
  #111
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Martin View Post
Sarcasm doesn't translate well to the internet.
The fact that you resorted to the battle of the sexes argument was very funny and showed your true colours. If you actually think this discussion was about a battle of the sexes than I truly feel sorry!

I would have hoped that people would realized that the argument was the improvement of the sport of hockey!

The fact that a few of you have turned it into some kind of battle of the sexes is truly sad.

No sarcasm intented!

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 01:01 AM
  #112
Andy Martin
Registered User
 
Andy Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
The fact that you resorted to the battle of the sexes argument was very funny and showed your true colours. If you actually think this discussion was about a battle of the sexes than I truly feel sorry!

I would have hoped that people would realized that the argument was the improvement of the sport of hockey!

The fact that a few of you have turned it into some kind of battle of the sexes is truly sad.

No sarcasm intented!
I wasn't using 'battle of the sexes' as an argument. It was as a sarcastic joke.

Since we're talking about the 'improvement of the game', how would you improve women's hockeyO?

Andy Martin is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 01:02 AM
  #113
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
Hilarious if it wasn't just a little bit sad.
It is truly sad that people like you are so concerned about some perceived battle of the sexes when that is not even close to the point!

Yes it is sad!

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 01:06 AM
  #114
theoil
Registered User
 
theoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
The fact that you resorted to the battle of the sexes argument was very funny and showed your true colours. If you actually think this discussion was about a battle of the sexes than I truly feel sorry!

I would have hoped that people would realized that the argument was the improvement of the sport of hockey!

The fact that a few of you have turned it into some kind of battle of the sexes is truly sad.

No sarcasm intented!
Well to be honest now HA101 you did that by citing the example of how the history of men's hockey in the olympics should serve as a template for women's hockey. And you unwillingness to answer me directly and prefer to just beat up on Andy whom you have proven over and over again that to be in over his head is really not all that sporting of you.

Now is it?

theoil is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 01:09 AM
  #115
Andy Martin
Registered User
 
Andy Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
It is truly sad that people like you are so concerned about some perceived battle of the sexes when that is not even close to the point!

Yes it is sad!
If you thought the 'battle of the sexes' was a legit, serious argument you need to wake up and give you head a shake.

Again, How would you improve women's hockey and make it more competitive on the Olympic level? Since we're talking about 'improving the game'

Andy Martin is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 01:09 AM
  #116
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Martin View Post
I wasn't using 'battle of the sexes' as an argument. It was as a sarcastic joke.

Since we're talking about the 'improvement of the game', how would you improve women's hockeyO?
by not comparing it to men's is a start. It will never be as fast etc as mens sport.

Secondly, by giving it time. Once other countries start catching up it will improve the game!

Look at what the soviet influence did for hockey! The Americans and Canadian teams need to be pushed.

Thirdly, more participation. Obviously the bigger the talent pool the better the game will become.

Lastly, patience it is not going to happen overnight. It will take time(as we saw historically) for the competive nature to improve.

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 01:10 AM
  #117
theoil
Registered User
 
theoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
It is truly sad that people like you are so concerned about some perceived battle of the sexes when that is not even close to the point!

Yes it is sad!
Oh, I do believe you are getting annoyed now HA101.

I guess I will take that as my cue to let you go back to beating up on Andy which you seemed to be enjoying so much.

theoil is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 01:13 AM
  #118
Andy Martin
Registered User
 
Andy Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
by not comparing it to men's is a start. It will never be as fast etc as mens sport.

Secondly, by giving it time. Once other countries start catching up it will improve the game!

Look at what the soviet influence did for hockey! The Americans and Canadian teams need to be pushed.

Thirdly, more participation. Obviously the bigger the talent pool the better the game will become.

Lastly, patience it is not going to happen overnight. It will take time(as we saw historically) for the competive nature to improve.
Alright. It's obviously not going to happen overnight(No one said it would), but do you feel it would be that much more beneficial to keep it as an Olympic sport as compared to just having an annual World Championship?(Honest question)

Andy Martin is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 01:14 AM
  #119
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
Well to be honest now HA101 you did that by citing the example of how the history of men's hockey in the olympics should serve as a template for women's hockey. And you unwillingness to answer me directly and prefer to just beat up on Andy whom you have proven over and over again that to be in over his head is really not all that sporting of you.

Now is it?
Goodness gracious you want me to argue something that was not my point?

You missed the point by a country mile, the fact that your point is somehow related to what I am trying is incomphrehensible to me.

So we have nothing to discuss!

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 01:19 AM
  #120
theoil
Registered User
 
theoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Goodness gracious you want me to argue something that was not my point?

You missed the point by a country mile, the fact that your point is somehow related to what I am trying is incomphrehensible to me.

So we have nothing to discuss!
My question to you was short and simple. You don't want to answer it and are hiding behind the argument that it wasn't your point. I asked a simple question of you HA101.

Do you think it is time to join the modern world and ban gender segregation in sports?

Are you telling me you don't have an opinion or is that you only answer questions you approve of?

I think we all know it is the latter.

theoil is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 01:19 AM
  #121
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Martin View Post
Alright. It's obviously not going to happen overnight(No one said it would), but do you feel it would be that much more beneficial to keep it as an Olympic sport as compared to just having an annual World Championship?(Honest question)
No offence taken, I am now enjoying our discussion.

Yes because the olympics is the best forum. Countries will invest monies to try to win an olympic medal.

It really is (as painful as it is to watch) the only way for other countries to see the impetus to improve.

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 01:22 AM
  #122
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
My question to you was short and simple. You don't want to answer it and are hiding behind the argument that it wasn't your point. I asked a simple question of you HA101.

Do you think it is time to join the modern world and ban gender segregation in sports?

Are you telling me you don't have an opinion or is that you only answer questions you approve of?

I think we all know it is the latter.
what a stupid question! No I do not.

It is not at all related to what I am trying to say or argue but I have answered your pathetic and assinine question! Are you happy now?

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 01:28 AM
  #123
theoil
Registered User
 
theoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
what a stupid question! No I do not.

It is not at all related to what I am trying to say or argue but I have answered your pathetic and assinine question! Are you happy now?
Now, now HA101, there are no such things as pathetic and assinine questions if they help us all to learn.

So should this segregation extend down all age levels? Should girls not be allowed, for example, to play in boy's leagues at the age of 9 for example? Because boys certainly wouldn't be allowed to play on a girl's team I don't believe. Or do we just invoke this segration for the Olympics or sports where women would not be able to compete if the competition was co-ed?

theoil is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 01:29 AM
  #124
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
My question to you was short and simple. You don't want to answer it and are hiding behind the argument that it wasn't your point. I asked a simple question of you HA101.

Do you think it is time to join the modern world and ban gender segregation in sports?

Are you telling me you don't have an opinion or is that you only answer questions you approve of?

I think we all know it is the latter.
what a stupid question! No I do not.

It is not at all related to what I am trying to say or argue but I have answered your pathetic and assinine question! Are you happy now?

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
02-18-2010, 01:38 AM
  #125
theoil
Registered User
 
theoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
what a stupid question! No I do not.

It is not at all related to what I am trying to say or argue but I have answered your pathetic and assinine question! Are you happy now?
Oh this was never about making me happy. This was about you wanting to turn this into a 'women are as good as men' thread by beating up on Andy who didn't have the wit to duck and take cover and I thought I would have a little fun at your expense because you are so totally without a sense of humour whenever the subject involves in any way, shape or form women in sport.

And now I know you are actually opposed to gender equality which surprises me not at all.

theoil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.