HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Visors - Oakley 2.0 vs Bauer Pro Wave

Old
02-17-2010, 03:19 PM
stick9

vCash: 500
Visors - Oakley 2.0 vs Bauer Pro Wave

Anyone use the Oakley 2.0 visor? I've been wanting to make the jump back to a visor from a cage. I'm looking at this as well as the Bauer Pro Wave Pro Cut. Unfortunately I've seen neither in person.

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=VR832

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=BPWC

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Webernaut

I have the Bauer Pro Wave. It's a great visor. Never owned an Oakley visor and don't ever plan to. I have seen the Oakley 2.0 on a helmet and it looks bulky. If that makes sense. I am a fan of no vents.

FTR, the next visor I get will be the Bauer Pro Straight Cut.

Webernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:32 AM
Hockeyfan68

I use a Bauer Pro Wave straight cut and I think I will be using it again if I can find a bigger size to fit my large Franco-American honker behind it.

I swear I have a cm of space between my nose and the shield and it is an Xlarge size.

I think the Bauer pro Wave Aviator may give me more nose room.

In any case I do love the pro Wave I have, the anti fog stuff on the inside rules butt.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:38 AM
IniNew

The prowave, straight cut, and aviator are all different cuts. Its not pro-wave straight, or pro-wave aviator.

As far as visors go, they are both great visors. I personally don't like the way either of them look, and would go with a straight-cut myself (from either company).

IniNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:41 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by IniNew View Post
The prowave, straight cut, and aviator are all different cuts. Its not pro-wave straight, or pro-wave aviator.

As far as visors go, they are both great visors. I personally don't like the way either of them look, and would go with a straight-cut myself (from either company).
Yes I know that ... if you were critiqueing my post. If not then carry on.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 08:03 AM
stick9

Tough call for me. I've worn a full cage ever since going face first into the dasher. I've wanted to ditch the cage for some time, but don't want to give up all that protection.

The Oakley looks like the better choice protection wise, but it's kind of big. The Pro Wave is nice a small, but it leaves everything other than my eyes unprotected.

The dark horse here is the Itech Deluxe X100. Downer there is price. I don't want to spend $80 on something I may not like.

Hmm, looking at this again. The Oakley Pro Aviator might be the best of both worlds.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Webernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Tough call for me. I've worn a full cage ever since going face first into the dasher. I've wanted to ditch the cage for some time, but don't want to give up all that protection.

The Oakley looks like the better choice protection wise, but it's kind of big. The Pro Wave is nice a small, but it leaves everything other than my eyes unprotected.

The dark horse here is the Itech Deluxe X100. Downer there is price. I don't want to spend $80 on something I may not like.

Hmm, looking at this again. The Oakley Pro Aviator might be the best of both worlds.
If you're worried about protection, you could go with the Bauer RBE or HLC or the Oakley Retail cut. They are long visors. They cover down below your nose and almost to your mouth. It's a good compromise.

Webernaut is offline   Reply With Quote