HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hodgson to Toronto

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
D'Amigo is clearly a generational talent, PPG in his first year of college hockey! Sure-fire HHOFer.
imo D'amigo is ten times better then Kadri, Schroeder and Hodgson put together

Old
02-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lahey View Post
Nothing in his past has suggested this? So what do you base it on? He played his best years at a low cap hit, I would be surprised if he asked for much more at this point in his career.

Kaberle makes Vancouver a cup contender, it's just how much do you want to risk for that. I don't see anyone in the Vancouver system with the skill level Kaberle has, something that all good teams have:

WASH- Green
PITS- Gonchar
CHIC- Keith, Campbell
DETR - Lidstrom
SJS - Boyle
Alright, you admit he's played his best years, and he's worth a top prospect?

Also as much as i hate to admit it, Ehrhoff is a pretty damn good puck moving d-man, obviously not to the same level as Kaberle, but I wouldn't write him off to say that the canucks don't have a puck moving guy.

I'd say the Canucks would move a similar package(although less) that Kovalchuk got, but not Hodgson.

Probably, Grabner + Bernier + 1st or something.

Old
02-17-2010, 04:32 PM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
I take it sarcasm is prohibited in Toronto? Stop playing the fool.

I have a question - If the Canucks need to include a prospect like Cody Hodgson to win a bidding war with the Leafs, which prospect from their competition will be available that's even close to Hodgson?

When was the last time a prospect with a better pedigree than Hodgson was dealt?

Toronto will not get a blue-chip prospect for Kaberle. They will receive a quantity of lesser assets.
what pedigree? can't skate, won't train with the big team, blew out his back...

When has a top NHLer been traded for a guy with a terrible attitude, who's unlikely to ever make the NHL?

Old
02-17-2010, 04:33 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Hodgson for Turris.
Hodgson for Filitov.
As a Vancouver fan, I would like to see Hodgson here. As a realist, I'd like to move him while the hype is shrouding the fact that this kid looks like the second coming of Comrie.

Old
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
imo D'amigo is ten times better then Kadri, Schroeder and Hodgson put together
... who are all better than a Crosby/Ovechkin blend.

Old
Defeatist*

Quote:

When has a top NHLer been traded for a guy with a terrible attitude, who's unlikely to ever make the NHL?

Old
02-17-2010, 04:34 PM
TOML

imo Those who know anything about the background of Burke's departure from Vancouver and how Aquilini regards both him and Nonis are aware that a deal between TO and Vancouver is impossible.

In fact, any move between the two newly-formed management groups (Wellwood pickup, Sundin signing, Sedins tampering, Burrows and Bieksa rumour leak) has been made purely out of spite. Let's face facts, these two groups hate each other. (Amplified by Sundin's shootout winner over TO last season and the Sedins lighting up TO to force yet another 3rd period collapse, triggering Burke's recent blowup of the team.)

"Hodgson to TO" rumours and the related "Hodgson hatez Vancouver" speak is nothing but more spite.

What's next? "Luke Schenn wants to play in Vancouver from now on because he thinks TO is stale and he played junior in BC?"

Last edited by TOML: 02-17-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old
02-17-2010, 04:35 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooooooooooxxxanne View Post
fixed... Kaberle will get a huge contract after next year.
ALL UR POST ARE TERRIBLE WOW u need some hockey sense in you GOD DAMNNN there should be a test on HF for you to sign up

Old
02-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defeatist View Post

Old
02-17-2010, 04:36 PM
glucker

Quote:
So the bad guy from Wolverine likes shiny trophies... so what?

please stay on topic.

Old
02-17-2010, 04:36 PM
ATG

Quote:
D'amigo = God

and ATG the dude is being sarcastic
I sure hope so, Hodgson could be a bust at the NHL level, he would not be the first or the last much hyped prospect to bottom out.

Old
02-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Mr Lahey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Wizard Eater View Post
The Canucks are already a cup contender and probably the favourites of the West due to how proven they are, unlike the Sharks and Hawks.
I don't get what you're trying to say there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooooooooooxxxanne View Post
Alright, you admit he's played his best years, and he's worth a top prospect?

Also as much as i hate to admit it, Ehrhoff is a pretty damn good puck moving d-man, obviously not to the same level as Kaberle, but I wouldn't write him off to say that the canucks don't have a puck moving guy.

I'd say the Canucks would move a similar package(although less) that Kovalchuk got, but not Hodgson.

Probably, Grabner + Bernier + 1st or something.
The key is that if you don't another team in the west might. We all know of the horrible rental deals of the pat and how they are legendary on here but we don't hear too much about the moes that work, the produce deep runs or cups.

Kaberle is a weapon, anytime that has to overcome the Sharks, Caps, Penguins, Hawks, Sens...they will need to have more weapons. Right now I don't see Vancouver doing it, and I don't think many other people do either. Who knows, they could always make a big offseason move but you wont get the same value cap wise.

I think these teams are strangely perfect partners, despite what the fans think. Vancouver would have Sedin - Sedin - Demitra - Salo - Kaberle on the PP, which could match just about any other team. Add to that the defensive strengths and you have a contender.

Old
02-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
I sure hope so, Hodgson could be a bust at the NHL level, he would not be the first or the last much hyped prospect to bottom out.
lol every prospect has the potential to bust....

Old
02-17-2010, 04:39 PM
VL

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post
Kaberle lives in Florida? Really?
Obviously someone who isn't familiar with the stereotype of geriatric residents of Canada fleeing for the warmer climate of Florida in their autumn/twilight years.

Old
02-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Agent007

Leaf fans don't want to do this deal and Canuck fans don't want to do this deal so why don't we just call it a wash and get back to whatever the **** we do.

And by the way if Kaberle is traded it'll be for pick(s) and prospects(s). While that pick likely will be a 1st round draft pick that prospect will unlikely be the top prospect from any organization.

The type of deal that makes sense from a Canucks prospective would be Grabner or Schneider AND a 1st round draft pick plus perhaps a mid level prospect or pick.

Old
02-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:

Nice try. I understand sarcasm.

Old
02-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Defeatist*

Quote:
So the bad guy from Wolverine likes shiny trophies... so what?

please stay on topic.
OHL player of the year, buddy. A feat not even Sidney Crosby could achieve. You wouldn't call him generational talent, even though he's better now than Crosby was?

edit: I'm not your pal, guy.

Old
02-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Wizard Eater View Post
The Canucks are already a cup contender and probably the favourites of the West due to how proven they are, unlike the Sharks and Hawks.

My new favorite poster. I can see how serious he is

Old
02-17-2010, 04:43 PM
ATG

Quote:
lol every prospect has the potential to bust....
I figured the words much hyped would diffentriate the issue ie not every prospect is hyped to an extreme level.

Old
02-17-2010, 04:44 PM
glucker

Quote:
OHL player of the year, buddy. A feat not even Sidney Crosby could achieve. You wouldn't call him generational talent, even though he's better now than Crosby was?

Crosby is worse than Hodgson, so what? we still have JERRY ******** D'AMIGO

I'm not your guy, friend.

Old
02-17-2010, 04:44 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Done in a heartbeat.

Old
02-17-2010, 04:45 PM
ATG

Quote:

A little tough for Crosby to win OHL player of the year when he played in the QMJHL

Crosby won CHL player of the year twice by the way.

Old
02-17-2010, 04:46 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
imo Those who know anything about the background of Burke's departure from Vancouver and how Aquilini regards both him and Nonis are aware that a deal between TO and Vancouver is impossible.

In fact, any move between the two newly-formed management groups (Wellwood pickup, Sundin signing, Sedins tampering, Burrows and Bieksa rumour leak) has been made purely out of spite. Let's face facts, these two groups hate each other. (Amplified by Sundin's shootout winner over TO last season and the Sedins lighting up TO to force yet another 3rd period collapse, triggering Burke's recent blowup of the team.)

"Hodgson to TO" rumours and the related "Hodgson hatez Vancouver" speak is nothing but more spite.

What's next? "Luke Schenn wants to play in Vancouver from now on because he thinks TO is stale and he played junior in BC?"
...your theory makes absolutely no sense. Sundin and Wellwood went to Vancouver while Fletcher was GM. Burke started the rumours about Hodgson? Riiight.

Old
02-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Mr Lahey*

Quote:

Hehe...

Old
02-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:

No. Your a homer. And an unknowledgeable poster. If I say what I'm thinking I will get banned so Ill shut up....

Closed Thread