HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kesler to WSH for Chimera, Morrison, flash, a prosepct and a 2nd

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2010, 11:18 PM
alexanderovechkin8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovechkinisking8 View Post
Then canuck fans are clueless, kesler isnt even close to semin or green or backstrom
he is pretty close to semin maybe and is probably better than green at defense but he is no wayy close to backstrom, but that is what it will take

Old
02-18-2010, 11:23 PM
txpd

this is dumb on so many levels. kesler isnt getting traded. the capitals aren't trading a good 2nd line, plus a prospect and a pick for anyone. this is fantasy sports totally run amuck.

beyond the detractors of the trade go so overboard that they start calling Fehr and Fleischmann garbage which then calls for push back. This is just stupid.

Old
02-18-2010, 11:23 PM
dashtary*

No one in the league has the talent of Semin, no thanks.

Old
02-18-2010, 11:28 PM
STAALing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
I have no idea how "Chimera, Morrison, Fleischmann" + an additional prospect and 2nd round pick is "trash".
The only piece thats worth remotely anything in that proposal is flash. For Kesler, you call that trash.

Old
02-18-2010, 11:34 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Kesler is too overvalued to ever see anything other than an absurdly lopsided trade proposal in Vancouver's favor accepted around these parts.

Old
02-18-2010, 11:37 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
man kesler is overrated or flieschmann, chimera, morrison are underrated either way
would you trade that package for Kessel? - Didn't think so - as individual pieces the value is there, but as far as impact on the ice is concerned it's a terrible deal for Vancouver. Morrison's a 34 yr old FA, Chimera, and Flash are 3rd liners. Would you consider Demitra, Wellwood, Bernier, and a 2nd for Carlson?

Old
02-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2010 View Post
Kesler is too overvalued to ever see anything other than an absurdly lopsided trade proposal in Vancouver's favor accepted around these parts.
To Pitt: Kesler
To Van: Staal.

There.

Old
02-18-2010, 11:38 PM
dashtary*

Flash is a 2nd liner with 1st line potential even...

Old
02-18-2010, 11:42 PM
BrooksLaich

Honestly, I don't think Kesler is much better than Laich. Username aside, Laich puts up very similar stats and is stellar defensevely.

Old
02-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Tarot Sport*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2010 View Post
Do you see Vancouver fans offering up Kesler on these boards?

No.

I always find it funny when other teams fans come desperately prying at Vancouver's gross over-abundance of talent, and then complain at the admission prices.

Old
02-18-2010, 11:48 PM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarot Sport View Post

No.

I always find it funny when other teams fans come desperately prying at Vancouver's gross over-abundance of talent, and then complain at the admission prices.
LOL OK

THINK WASH IS FINE IN THE TALENT DEPART

THX THOUGH.

Old
02-18-2010, 11:51 PM
STAALing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolsports View Post
LOL OK

THINK WASH IS FINE IN THE TALENT DEPART

THX THOUGH.
I gotta save all your posts on my comp before you get banned. (thats a compliment)

Old
02-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Kagee*

Only a few intelligent Washington fans I see understand the importance of a solid centerman who can put up points, pk, block shots, play a full 60 minutes, forechecks with a vengence and never give up attitude in Kesler.

The OP and other ideals like Semin a highly paid winger in return for Kesler just really doesn't make sense for the Canucks.

He is our 2nd best centerman on the team that is lacking any depth at all down the middle, with Cody Hodgson the only thing that we can look forward to after that. Not to mention RK is only 25 and hasn't hit his peak yet, and is a RFA after this season where he will finally earn his big payday which will only be approx between 4-5 mill per imo.

In addition the Canucks have a decent amount of up and comers on the wing who have the ability to score, plus already have Raymond and Burrows graduating to 20+ goal scorers. And thats behind the Sedin twins, who are the big cap hits up front.

Its for all these reasons that us Canuck fans overvalue Ryan Kesler.

Old
02-18-2010, 11:56 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

As originally listed, Morrison, Chimera, and a 2nd, the proposal was horribly lopsided in Washington's favor.

As edited to add a guy on pace for 25+ goals in Fleischmann, it's probably more than the Caps would give up, plus another prospect.

Either way, this poster appears to be someone who first saw Kesler in the Olympics representing the USA. Yes, OP, everyone in Vancouver knows how good Kesler is, and have done so for ages. While he would be a gem added to the Capitals, no, he's not available. He is part of the core on the Canucks and with good reason.

Old
02-18-2010, 11:56 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

No.

I always find it funny when other teams fans come , and then complain at the admission prices.
Nope...you don't see Caps fans offering their favorites like Ovechkin, Green, and Backstrom either do you?

Kesler is worth more to Canucks fans just like the Caps players I mentioned. When a player is beloved, he's automatically overvalued. No big deal, just reality.

LOL @ this comment though...I needed a chuckle..."desperately prying at Vancouver's gross over-abundance of talent". Where exactly are all these deperate fans exactly?

Old
02-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Kesler is Staal west...Vancouver has no reason to trade him and any offer for him that isn't gross overpayment will be ignored.

Old
02-19-2010, 12:10 AM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHo777 View Post
Only a few intelligent Washington fans I see understand the importance of a solid centerman who can put up points, pk, block shots, play a full 60 minutes, forechecks with a vengence and never give up attitude in Kesler.

The OP and other ideals like Semin a highly paid winger in return for Kesler just really doesn't make sense for the Canucks.

He is our 2nd best centerman on the team that is lacking any depth at all down the middle, with Cody Hodgson the only thing that we can look forward to after that. Not to mention RK is only 25 and hasn't hit his peak yet, and is a RFA after this season where he will finally earn his big payday which will only be approx between 4-5 mill per imo.

In addition the Canucks have a decent amount of up and comers on the wing who have the ability to score, plus already have Raymond and Burrows graduating to 20+ goal scorers. And thats behind the Sedin twins, who are the big cap hits up front.

Its for all these reasons that us Canuck fans overvalue Ryan Kesler.
It's still a ridiculous proposal from Washington's POV.

They are currently #1 in the NHL and the OP suggest they trade 3 of their top 9, a prospect and a 2nd for 1 player.

It just wouldn't happen.

Old
02-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Canucks5551

Could you remind me why we trade Kesler again?

Old
02-19-2010, 12:59 AM
Saren
Multi Pass!

How about no.

Old
02-19-2010, 02:55 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks5551 View Post
Could you remind me why we trade Kesler again?

I think the majority of Caps posters here have all said Kesler is not available. Are you looking for something else?

Old
02-19-2010, 04:29 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I bet you could get Kesler with Anzler, a first rounder and one of those semi-worthless players you listed.

Old
02-19-2010, 04:31 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post

Morrison is on pace for ~50pts this season
I could score 50 points playing with the Caps. So could your granny.

Old
02-19-2010, 05:27 AM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I bet you could get Kesler with Anzler, a first rounder and one of those semi-worthless players you listed.
sure and as the Canucks have either Demitra/Wellfed/Morrison as the 2nd line Center's Vancouver plummets and misses the play-offs.

I'm sorry if Gillis offer McPhee this deal he'd be all over it as much as Flash, B-Mo you put Kesler in the middle with Semin (and whoever plays on the other wing with Semin) I bet you Kesler's number jump up from 70 pt pace he is on with Samuelsson and Raymond. to ~85 pts. And this guy would be able to shutdown Crosby or Malkin meaning Washington would be the favorite to win the Cup
(Right now they are a up there with NJ/CHI).

As many have said the Quantity for Quality in this deal does not work for Vancouver. Vancouver needs Ryan Kesler who is blossoming into a 1B Center and a perennial Selke finalist. And the Canucks/Caps are not good trading partners.

Caps needs - An improvement (if cost-effective) at the 2nd line C position.
A shutdown defencemen.

Canucks needs - An improvement at the 3rd line C position.
A more mobile shutdown D.

Old
02-19-2010, 05:39 AM
King of Anarchy

Ryan Kesler at 23 (3rd line) - 37 points
Ryan Kesler at 24 (3rd & 2nd line) - 59 points
Ryan Kesler at 25 (2nd line) - On pace for 72 points
Ryan Kesler at 26 - ???????

Needless to say, he isn't going anywhere.

Old
02-19-2010, 05:58 AM
Towel-Power
GoCanucksGo

Quote:

No.

I always find it funny when other teams fans come desperately prying at Vancouver's gross over-abundance of talent
, and then complain at the admission prices.
Ha, that made me laugh. Canucks are my team but over-abundance of talent? Let's take it easy there.

Anyways, I feel bad for the OP getting flamed so much but yeah Kesler is worth more to the Canucks than what teams would be willing to pay for him. It's just one of those situations where I don't think any team could reasonably offer something for him that would make Vancouver a better team. We're probably just better with him than with anything another would offer for him.

Closed Thread