HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kesler to WSH for Chimera, Morrison, flash, a prosepct and a 2nd

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2010, 05:27 AM
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

vCash: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks5551 View Post
Could you remind me why we trade Kesler again?
Agreed, he is one of the best 2way in the game that can actually put up pts

Old
02-19-2010, 10:14 AM
slapshots1515

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashtary View Post
No one in the league has the talent of Semin, no thanks.
Sooo...by this statement you wouldn't trade Semin for Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc. Or Ovechkin, if he wasn't already on the Caps. And don't start quoting cap values to me, we're talking about talent. Semin's good, but he's not even top 10 in the NHL in my book (and yes, he does benefit from playing alongside Ovechkin). Not saying you should trade him, just that your statement is ridiculous.

Old
02-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshots1515 View Post
Sooo...by this statement you wouldn't trade Semin for Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc. Or Ovechkin, if he wasn't already on the Caps. And don't start quoting cap values to me, we're talking about talent. Semin's good, but he's not even top 10 in the NHL in my book (and yes, he does benefit from playing alongside Ovechkin). Not saying you should trade him, just that your statement is ridiculous.
Congratulations, you mixed in a nice dash of ignorance and illiteracy there.

First off, Semin doesn't play alongside Ovechkin. So how could Semin benefit from playing alongside Ovechkin.

And the OP didn't say that Semin was the best, he said "most talented" and if you ask most Caps fans, Semin is far and away the most talented player on the team, more talented than even Ovechkin. I'm not sure Semin's the most talented player in the league, but I certainly can't think of anyone off the top of my head that I'm certain is more talented. Semin is easily in the top 5 on talent alone.

Old
02-19-2010, 12:57 PM
slapshots1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
Congratulations, you mixed in a nice dash of ignorance and illiteracy there.

First off, Semin doesn't play alongside Ovechkin. So how could Semin benefit from playing alongside Ovechkin.

And the OP didn't say that Semin was the best, he said "most talented" and if you ask most Caps fans, Semin is far and away the most talented player on the team, more talented than even Ovechkin. I'm not sure Semin's the most talented player in the league, but I certainly can't think of anyone off the top of my head that I'm certain is more talented. Semin is easily in the top 5 on talent alone.
per dobberhockey, ovechkin has played on a line with semin and backstrom 21.14% of the time, which is plenty significant. he's also played with semin in several other combinations, accounting for about a third of his ice time. playing a third of your ice time with the best player in the nhl doesn't matter? and I'm ignorant?

as for illiteracy...you might want to take a look at yourself in that department. nowhere in my post did I ever mention "the best player". I in fact specifically mentioned "talent". I (and I think many fans of all different teams would agree) feel that the 5 players I mentioned, along with several others, are "more talented" than semin. if you care to disagree with that, then what exactly are you defining as talent as opposed to best anyways? most potential? most skill? I'd say those 5 have semin covered easily.

Still not saying Semin's a bad player, but he's simply not the "most talented" player in the nhl.

Old
02-19-2010, 01:02 PM
discobob

I love how all these threads turn out - each teams fans complain that they are trading their "gems" for crap....if all GMs had the mentality of fans on this board, trades would NEVER happen....

Old
02-19-2010, 01:04 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
"This guy is amazing. Please take our crap for him."

Old
02-19-2010, 01:23 PM
leftcoaster

the only actually valuable things here are fleischmann (who is still pretty far off from Kesler) and the prospect assuming it is either Alzner or Carlson. Just doesn't work for either team in my mind, Kesler is far too essential to the Canucks and looks to be a major part of their core long term once they get him locked up. Fleischmann is a great complimentary player but does not make sense for the Nucks.

Old
02-19-2010, 01:48 PM
dashtary*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshots1515 View Post
I really LOLed at your comment. Semin is the most talented player in the league hands down. For crying out loud he was an MVP candidate last year through the first 20-25 or so games, he was leading the team while Ovechkin was out, but then he got injured. It is a question of whether he can stay healthy and mature. And he has shown all signs of that this year. So talented wise I would rather have Semin over all of those guys. When Semin is playing his game he is definitely one of the top 10 players in the league. Lastly, I'm sick of other fans saying that "Oh so and so gets points from Ovechkin". They set up Ovechkin to score, without them there would be a less chance to score, Backstrom and Semin create scoring on their own, each of them can lead the team. To say that Semin is only good because his stats are inflated because of Ovechkin is ridiculous. Semin shoots the puck more than Ovechkin now and that's a fact.

Old
02-19-2010, 01:52 PM
doglover8891
rajinikanthfan1

counter heres a better one

to canucks

mike green
semin
backstrom

to caps

kesler
bieksa
hodgson
grabner
first round pick

and kesler is worth more than this and the canucks wont do this on the hair of there chiny chin chin

Old
02-19-2010, 01:54 PM
dashtary*

I hope you are joking right lol?
If not?

Old
02-19-2010, 02:21 PM
GaryU

Considering many fans in Van think of Kesler as Chicago fans think of Toews, I don't see him leaving anytime soon..

Old
02-19-2010, 02:39 PM
0V3CHKiN

Acquiring kesler will only happen if he hits the FA market. I also agree that the canucks want to buy assets and not sell them for a playoff run. If there's ever any chance of a deal you need to start with someone comprable to semin.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
02-19-2010, 02:49 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsrules View Post
counter heres a better one

to canucks

mike green
semin
backstrom

to caps

kesler
bieksa
hodgson
grabner
first round pick

and kesler is worth more than this and the canucks wont do this on the hair of there chiny chin chin
LOL...Vancouver doesn't have enough players in their entire system to get those 3.

Old
02-19-2010, 02:50 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDelonge View Post
This guy is amazing. Never really hear about him from VAN cause all I heard about was the sedin's and Luongo, but he is so amazing and would love to have him on my team. Wonder if WSH would ever make a move for him cause he would be a good fit? thoughts?

I changed it up a bit guys chill
Vancouver doesn't touch it with a ten foot pole

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old
02-19-2010, 03:33 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2010 View Post
LOL...Vancouver doesn't have enough players in their entire system to get those 3.
So what you are saying is....you have no idea who plays for the canucks, good to know.

Old
02-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Virtanev
+

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2010 View Post
Luongo>>>Green,Sedin's>Backstrom+Semin.

Old
02-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Virtanev
+

How about no! the only way I would move Kesler to Washington is if Mike Green+ is coming back.

Old
02-19-2010, 06:05 PM
ccgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
I have no idea how "Chimera, Morrison, Fleischmann" + an additional prospect and 2nd round pick is "trash".

That's 3 players from the Caps top 9 and another 2 valuable trade pieces.

Chimera has been great on the 3rd line for the Caps in his 20 games with them, and has brought the defensive presence needed from the that checking line. He's also signed for 2 more years at an awesome 1.875M.

Morrison is on pace for ~50pts this season, and has been part of a very dangerous Washington offense playing on the 2nd line between Laich and Semin. He's been great defensively, for faceoffs and has a wealth of playoff experience valuable to this relatively young team. He barely costs anything this season, is a UFA at seasons end.

Fleischmann has been awesome this season. On pace for something like, 28G-69pts, he's only 25 and Caps still retain his rights at seasons end as he is a RFA. He should be very valuable.

Then you want to add in a late 2nd, and another prospect, and then call it robbery from the Capitals side! What trade are you guys looking at?
Quantity = Quality ? humm... let me think... no!

Old
02-19-2010, 06:12 PM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
How about no! the only way I would move Kesler to Washington is if Mike Green+ is coming back.
hahhahahhaa you put the plus on the wrong side

Old
02-19-2010, 06:17 PM
slapshots1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashtary View Post
I really LOLed at your comment. Semin is the most talented player in the league hands down. For crying out loud he was an MVP candidate last year through the first 20-25 or so games, he was leading the team while Ovechkin was out, but then he got injured. It is a question of whether he can stay healthy and mature. And he has shown all signs of that this year. So talented wise I would rather have Semin over all of those guys. When Semin is playing his game he is definitely one of the top 10 players in the league. Lastly, I'm sick of other fans saying that "Oh so and so gets points from Ovechkin". They set up Ovechkin to score, without them there would be a less chance to score, Backstrom and Semin create scoring on their own, each of them can lead the team. To say that Semin is only good because his stats are inflated because of Ovechkin is ridiculous. Semin shoots the puck more than Ovechkin now and that's a fact.
Dude you took my post so out of context I had to reread my own post to make sure I didn't say any of this. First of all, I never said anything about stats, which I consider to be a very poor measure of a player-you have to actually watch them.

Secondly, I stated the simple fact that he DOES benefit from playing with Ovechkin. As would anyone. I did not say that Ovechkin was the only thing that made him good. In fact at the end of both my posts on the matter I've qualified with "I feel he's a great player just not the most talented in the NHL". Which I do. Backstrom is in a similar scenario-he also benefits from playng with Ovechkin, but put him with other linemates and he would do fine-he's one of the best passers I've seen.

Third-he was an MVP candidate for 25 games? The guys I mentioned are perrenial MVP candidates.

Fourth-you said "when he is playing his game, he's one of the top 10". and when he's not...?

Overall I state once again the Semin is a great player, would be a great player on any team, and is simply just not the MOST talented player in the NHL.

Old
02-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Virtanev
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsGreat08AO View Post
hahhahahhaa you put the plus on the wrong side
Kesler is better then Green defensively while Green's the defenceman,there scoring at around the same pace while Green has forwards like Ovechkin,Smin,Backstrom.While Kesler plays with Mason Raymond and Mikeal Samuelsson!I wouldn't trade Kesler for Green straight up.

Old
02-19-2010, 06:39 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Kesler is better then Green defensively while Green's the defenceman,there scoring at around the same pace while Green has forwards like Ovechkin,Smin,Backstrom.While Kesler plays with Mason Raymond and Mikeal Samuelsson!I wouldn't trade Kesler for Green straight up.
IMO Green has more value than Kesler. Offensive dman that can generate the type of offense that Green can is a very rare asset.... IMO it would take more than just Kesler to acquire Green.

having said that, the Canucks wouldn't deal Kesler straight up for Green... Kesler fills a huge need for this team that no one else in the system can, while Green, great player and all, doesn't really address a need for the Canucks currently. As such, IMO Kesler is more important to the Canucks, but that doesn't mean he'll have more value on the open market.

Old
02-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Yannick8*

Quote:
Luongo>>>Green,Sedin's>Backstrom+Semin.
This comment might be even worst then the OP proposal...
I agree with Luongo>Green tho.

Old
02-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Virtanev
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
IMO Green has more value than Kesler. Offensive dman that can generate the type of offense that Green can is a very rare asset.... IMO it would take more than just Kesler to acquire Green.

having said that, the Canucks wouldn't deal Kesler straight up for Green... Kesler fills a huge need for this team that no one else in the system can, while Green, great player and all, doesn't really address a need for the Canucks currently. As such, IMO Kesler is more important to the Canucks, but that doesn't mean he'll have more value on the open market.
Exactly the Canucks won't trade Kesler unless it's a major overpayment,Kesler and Green have similar market value,but an slight edge to Green IMO,but to the Canucks Kesler is way more valuable,the Green based on there organizational need.

Old
02-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Virtanev
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick8 View Post
This comment might be even worst then the OP proposal...
I agree with Luongo>Green tho.
Hank and Dank are second and 3 rd in PPG in the NHL,Backstrom is just as good as them defensively but Semin isn't even close.

H.Sedin
Backstrom
D.Sedin
Semin

IMO.

Closed Thread