HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Hockey Canada's fundamental philosphy (roster talk/omissions)

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2010, 12:18 AM
VoiceOfReason

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
I already posted here:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...8#post24205028

But I stand by what I said, Canada couldn't score more than 3 goals against every decent team besides Russia (who just sucked). That team of players getting held to 3 goals is pathetic.

Got beat by Miller once, stoned by Hiller, stoned by Halak and then taken to 4v4 OT after they blew so many chances to put away USA in 3rd? Team was short on O and it wouldn't of come down to wire with better forward. Wouldn't be so thrilled with an OT win in gold medal game, just highlights how close Yzerman's team almost came to losing.
FACT: Turboflex jumped off the bandwagon like all fairweathers do!
FACT: Turboflex has an inferiority complex, which is the root of this thread!
FACT: Turboflex clearly has never played organized hockey! (otherwise he would understand the value of DEFENCE and GOALTENDING in an single-game elimination tournament)
FACT: Russia sucked because Canada took their game (offence) away from them and forced them to rely on their DEFENCE and GOALTENDING (or lack thereof).
FACT: Turboflex has ZERO credibility!
FACT: I was at the Gold Medal Game and was more then 'thrilled' to see OUR team (not your team) win in overtime!

Old
03-05-2010, 12:27 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Can anyone tell me the name of the Canadian women's hockey player in this picture:

I think it's Botterill but can't tell...

Old
03-05-2010, 12:28 AM
ronnyweed

Quote:
I already posted here:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...8#post24205028

But I stand by what I said, Canada couldn't score more than 3 goals against every decent team besides Russia (who just sucked). That team of players getting held to 3 goals is pathetic.

Got beat by Miller once, stoned by Hiller, stoned by Halak and then taken to 4v4 OT after they blew so many chances to put away USA in 3rd? Team was short on O and it wouldn't of come down to wire with better forward. Wouldn't be so thrilled with an OT win in gold medal game, just highlights how close Yzerman's team almost came to losing.
Didnt canada have the most goals in the tournament?

Old
03-05-2010, 01:56 AM
The Big Swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Can anyone tell me the name of the Canadian women's hockey player in this picture:

I think it's Botterill but can't tell...
Pretty sure thats Rebecca Johnston

Old
03-05-2010, 02:37 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
Pretty sure thats Rebecca Johnston
Wow she looks way cuter in that picture than this one:

Old
03-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironslave View Post
"That team of players getting held to 3 goals is pathetic."

So why is this Yzerman or Hockey Canada's fault? You're right, they ran into some GREAT goalies, if those goalies were only playing average then they'd have scored a couple more times a game.

The team was not short on O one bit. Maybe in hindsight, Stamkos or Carter might have been a nice addition over Bergeron, but so what? They still probably wouldn't have seen much ice time. If the World Cup was hypothetically this summer, the braintrust would pick every single player again, besides Bergeron.

Staal, Crosby and Iginla weren't going to be bumped by anyone of St. Louis, Stamkos, Carter, Brad Richards, or anybody else, so they aren't going to play on that line.

The Getzlaf/Perry tandem played excellent the last 3 games, Morrow turned out to be a perfect fit for them.

The Sharks line wasn't going to be left off, even though they weren't really as outstanding as they could have been, all 3 players have been near the top of the NHL scoring leaders all year playing together, they were locks.

Toews, Richards, Nash might have been the best 4th line in history.

They largely, picked a team to beat Russia, going with solid two way players with size and speed. Even though Russia played horrible, Canada did come out that game "like a bunch of gorillas", and even if Russia played their best they'd still have gotten smashed (if Canada played the same way), as I predicted
I agree they focused the team to beat Russia, which is why I started the thread, they were too obsessed with "shutting down" Russia when they shoulda been more worried about "great" goaltending.

In the end, their shut down Russia plan worked, great, but they coulda beaten Russia any number of ways. They still would of beaten Russia even if they picked a lineup of supercharged offence, and they also would of had a much easier time with Hiller/Halak/Miller too.

Old
03-05-2010, 01:29 PM
therealdeal

Even if Canada didn't win the tournament you should still be embarrased by this thread.

Didn't you complain about the addition of Morrow to the team?

Old
03-05-2010, 06:12 PM
DetBigWangs

Quote:
I agree they focused the team to beat Russia, which is why I started the thread, they were too obsessed with "shutting down" Russia when they shoulda been more worried about "great" goaltending.

In the end, their shut down Russia plan worked, great, but they coulda beaten Russia any number of ways. They still would of beaten Russia even if they picked a lineup of supercharged offence, and they also would of had a much easier time with Hiller/Halak/Miller too.
Classic example of grasping at straws.

Old
03-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Canuck21t

Quote:

You'd only be happy if Canada was absolutely PERFECT and that is IMPOSSIBLE.

Closed Thread