HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

How much do these sticks weigh

Old
02-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Hockey27925

vCash: 500
How much do these sticks weigh

Does anyone know how much do these sticks weigh in grams:
Nike Bauer Vapor XVI
Nike Bauer Supreme One55
Nike Bauer Supreme One95
Nike Buaer Vapor XXXX
Sherwood RM9
Easton S11

Hockey27925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Webernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey27925 View Post
Does anyone know how much do these sticks weigh in grams:
Yeah, but do you own research man. Not too hard.
Quote:
Nike Bauer Vapor XVI
~520g
Quote:
Nike Bauer Supreme One55
~530g
Quote:
Nike Bauer Supreme One95
468g
Quote:
Nike Buaer Vapor XXXX
458g
Quote:
Sherwood RM9
500g
Quote:
Easton S11
550g

All for senior non grip. The ones that are ~ are because they were weighed from a review site so not sure how accurate.

Last edited by Webernaut: 02-19-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Webernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Hockeyfan68

Thanks for posting these weights, it gives me an idea about where my stick lies in these since mine is not a popular easily found stick.

I use a two piece Harrow and the website claims the shaft is 365g ... and the blade is 150g making the whole combo 515g. Oddly enough they do not list a weight for their one piece sticks.

It has a semi-gloss rubber grip which probably adds that extra. Again thanks for the info here about these other sticks. I did not know what those were in a compare.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 11:50 PM
SouthpawTRK

While the overall weight of the stick is important, I would also make sure that you like the balance of the stick. The balance of the stick can be just as critical as the overall weight; if not more important.

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawTRK View Post
While the overall weight of the stick is important, I would also make sure that you like the balance of the stick. The balance of the stick can be just as critical as the overall weight; if not more important.
Yes absolutely, I have two One55 shafts with whatever blades in them and then I use my Harrow tapered better quality shafts and the difference in balance and feel is night and day.

I use the Harrow blades made for the Harrow shaft and they are perfectly balanced.

You are absolutely correct in all ways.

Old
02-20-2010, 12:01 AM
SouthpawTRK

Don't mean to hijack the OP, but do you get your Harrow goods from Harrow direct? I have not seen any shops in my area that carry their product, but have only heard good things about them. Are their flex ratings pretty accurate? I usually use a 75 flex, which ends up being about an 85 flex when it's cut down.

Old
02-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Don't mean to hijack the OP, but do you get your Harrow goods from Harrow direct? I have not seen any shops in my area that carry their product, but have only heard good things about them. Are their flex ratings pretty accurate? I usually use a 75 flex, which ends up being about an 85 flex when it's cut down.
Ummm well I bought mine at a dealer here and they are the only one in my state for hockey. Everyone else has their Lacrosse stuff which I heard is excellent also.

Their website sells their stuff easily enough too if you do not have a store though trying before buying is something stick buyers like if they have never used one before. I mean you may not like their stick ... most have a concave shaft and some guys like a box shape although they have one model that is a box shape and is a little more in price. I already know how their stuff feels so for me ordering from their website is not an issue.

Their flex ratings accuracy? I do not know how accurate they are by using some sort of gauge or something BUT I can tell you I use their 100 flex 300 series shafts, I use their 2 piece, I weigh 240lbs and the 100 flex is very stiff and seems accurate to me. I have a couple of 87 flex sticks here by another manufacturer and those feel very whippy. I have never used the Harrow one piece so no comment on those but I would assume they would also be accurate with regards to flex.

Their sticks have a clearly marked flex guide to tell you what the flex is if you cut it there.

I am not very experienced with composites as I used wood for about 35 years and switched to a cheap compo to see if I liked them which were the Bauer One55 shafts with quality blades then after I did find that I liked composites I tried out the Harrows as my local shop had them in the store and liked how much better than the One55 stuff it was as the One55 really is not a top notch stick at all.

I am a shooter and liked the glossy rubber grip on the Harrow (they offer matte rubber and glossy rubber) and the stick is balanced extremely well which is on topic with the OP I guess.

I think I have seen only one other Harrow user in here and I forgot who it is.

They are good sticks and are also extremely durable. I started using Harrow in April last year and play at least twice a week in the summer time and more in the winter, weigh 240lbs with a very heavy shot and I play defesnse blocking shots and stick whacking or whatever and have broken just ONE Harrow blade 2 weeks ago actually.

They are not THE lightest stick at 515g (the two piece) but the website explained they went for puck feel over lightweight instead of other top end sticks. They boast having an AVS insert which is supposedly some vibration absorbing things in the shaft to give the stick feel.

I love the feel of these 2 I own after using them for almost a year now exclusively. The kickpoint is one that gives me accuracy and a quick release.

I have no complaints about them at all except that I wish they offered a 115 flex or higher because I am a big guy and could use that. I absolutely rip plexiglas breaking slapshots with them as they have a nice sweet spot I call it.

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 02-20-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old
02-20-2010, 09:41 AM
AIREAYE

Umm Vapour XXV and Vapour X:40 please?

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 09:58 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Umm Vapour XXV and Vapour X:40 please?
I was looking at those two sticks yesterday. The XXV felt lighter and more balanced imo.

X:40 is 513g.

I would have to assume the XXV is in the 480 range.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Keep in mind tape can add 50 grams too. I'd worry more about balance than weight.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 10:27 AM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I was looking at those two sticks yesterday. The XXV felt lighter and more balanced imo.

X:40 is 513g.

I would have to assume the XXV is in the 480 range.
no waaayy I compared my X:40 to a friend's XXV and my 40 was lighter, prob cuz i dont put a lotta tape on the top

I always thought the X:40 was in the high 400's range, prob 490

Old
02-20-2010, 02:27 PM
CanadaBacon

XXV is 480, X40 is 513. 33 grams isnt really much to worry about

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Webernaut

XXV is 480g confirmed.

Old
02-20-2010, 10:22 PM
AlexK

Supreme One75 anyone? I googled but couldn't find a weight.

AlexK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 10:47 PM
AIREAYE

Someone should seriously compile a database of stick weights

Old
02-20-2010, 11:16 PM
SouthpawTRK

The weights of the sticks are usually based on a particular flex, length and curve. So unfortunately the numbers may vary a bit due to the aforementioned attributes.

Old
02-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Webernaut

Quote:
The weights of the sticks are usually based on a particular flex, length and curve. So unfortunately the numbers may vary a bit due to the aforementioned attributes.
The amount they vary is negligible in terms of usage.