HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter Contract Extension

Old
02-20-2010, 06:56 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Yet you remind me of the guy who knows his wife is cheating on him but thinks everything is fine and will work out in the end. As i have told you before. Never ever once have i said the end is near or anything like that. You just do not like when others have an opinion different from yours. You have a napoleon complex really. You dont accept the truth about this team.
How about this. I bet we make the playoffs this year and for four more after that. If we miss once and you're still around, I'll concede to your victory. Sound good?

Also, how do I have an inferiority complex?

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 07:12 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
How about this. I bet we make the playoffs this year and for four more after that. If we miss once and you're still around, I'll concede to your victory. Sound good?

Also, how do I have an inferiority complex?
what is the big deal about making the playoffs? That is a real great accomplishment. How about i bet you they dont win the cup i the next 5 years.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 08:31 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
what is the big deal about making the playoffs? That is a real great accomplishment. How about i bet you they dont win the cup i the next 5 years.
How about I bet that 8 out of 10 of the other "top NHL teams" (Detroit, Vancouver, New York, New Jersey, Boston, Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Jose) don't win a cup in the next five years either?

Everyone acts like if Holmgren did things their way we'd have a Stanley Cup. Other geniuses from other fanbases act like if the Flyers only had a goalie they'd win multiple Cups. This is a huge joke. Winning a Stanley Cup is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. That's why winning one is so awesome. If just listening to you won a Stanley Cup every year then they should hire you.

Or you could go back and play pretend GM on NHL 10 and simulate the season until you win...

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 08:41 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
How about I bet that 8 out of 10 of the other "top NHL teams" (Detroit, Vancouver, New York, New Jersey, Boston, Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Jose) don't win a cup in the next five years either?

Everyone acts like if Holmgren did things their way we'd have a Stanley Cup. Other geniuses from other fanbases act like if the Flyers only had a goalie they'd win multiple Cups. This is a huge joke. Winning a Stanley Cup is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. That's why winning one is so awesome. If just listening to you won a Stanley Cup every year then they should hire you.

Or you could go back and play pretend GM on NHL 10 and simulate the season until you win...
I really dont care what those other teams do, you cant seem to grasp that. If the flyers did have a better goalie when lindros was here they would have had a much better chance of winning one.That is not a joke, that is a fact. Even a homer like you can probably admit to such. You also cant admit that the flyers have had substandard goaltending when compared to the other teams that have won a cup in the last 15 years. Was it the sole reason they havent won, of course not. It is one of the reasons though. But not according to you though right? Isnt it what you do here on these boards as well, pretend to play GM? So whats your point chief? I would guarentee you though they would have a better chance of winning with me as Gm than you. It wouldnt even be close.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 08:47 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
Nope, they have to have at least 3 NHL seasons, I believe.
Ah, thanks.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
10 years 65 million. Do it.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote