HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hurricanes Top 20 prospects, Spring 2010

Old
02-22-2010, 10:01 AM
faulkingdynamic
J Troll

vCash: 500
simply from a statistical point of view Samson's progression.............. 3 straight 20 goal seasons are nice but they came with increasing shot totals too.

21 goals 197 shots 07/08
22 goals 256 shots 08/09
23 goals 257 shots 09/10

His shooting precentage is not rising at all and it would certainly fall in the NHL. And those shot totals are in no way sustainable at the next level. If we assume the shooting percentage decreases and he gets 3rd/4th line minutes.....he looks more like a 8-10 goal guy at best. I personally would call that guy a tweener especially since the offensive end is his supposedly his strong suit.

Last edited by faulkingdynamic: 02-22-2010 at 10:07 AM.
faulkingdynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
It's really interesting to see what people look for when evaluating prospects and all the different ideologies. For example, I look at increased shot production as a sign of dominance over your relative level of competition. The ability to create your own shot, even if you only shoot 10%, is a nice attribute to have. To me, the further that Samson advances in terms of shot creation the better he is adapting to the league and the further he is advancing his cause.

I just know that I have watched Albany games this year enough to walk away with the impression that what Samson is doing down there could be translated to what he could do at the NHL level. One guy that I have constantly walked away unimpressed by has been Drayson Bowman.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote