HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vokoun will be a BlackHawk !

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Erick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
I think the title of the thread doesn't need any changes !

If you look at all the sources over the internet, you have to think that this may be a done deal...

Yeah... The rumored trade sucks IMO
Well according to the thread title, it is already a done deal, and we're basically just waiting for the Olympic freeze to end.

Perhaps change it to...Vokoun "may" be a Blackhawk!...not Vokoun "will" be a Blackhawk! There's a huge difference.

Old
02-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Well according to the thread title, it is already a done deal, and we're basically just waiting for the Olympic freeze to end.

Perhaps change it to...Vokoun "may" be a Blackhawk!...not Vokoun "will" be a Blackhawk! There's a huge difference.
Meh, it says it's a rumor, not a fact, definite, etc.

02-21-2010, 02:14 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Meh, it says it's a rumor, not a fact, definite, etc.
Thanks man... And the rumor is that Vokoun will be a BlackHawk... Not may be...

Old
02-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Thanks man... And the rumor is that Vokoun will be a BlackHawk... Not may be...
Well, there are a lot of rumors out there, but I get what you mean.

Old
02-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Erick

If this deal happens, I'm officially putting one of those paper bag avatars up. Just another setback for an organization full of setbacks.

Old
02-21-2010, 02:20 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
If this deal happens, I'm officially putting one of those paper bag avatars up. Just another setback for an organization full of setbacks.
I am curious, what do you think Vokoun can garner in a trade?

Old
02-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
A lot.
I'm seeing players overvalued this year, at the trade deadline, and Vokoun's value should already be high, as it is.

This return is crap. We're not improving with this deal, we're getting worse. I could easily explain why, but I think it's rather obvious. (I'm talking about the actual rumor in the original post, not the "proposed trades" from some of the fans, afterwards).

Old
02-21-2010, 02:33 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
A lot.
I'm seeing players overvalued this year, at the trade deadline, and Vokoun's value should already be high, as it is.

This return is crap. We're not improving with this deal, we're getting worse. I could easily explain why, but I think it's rather obvious. (I'm talking about the actual rumor in the original post, not the "proposed trades" from some of the fans, afterwards).
I don't think Vokoun will return as much as some Panther fans hope. His cap hit simply won't allow that to happen. Teams aren't likely to break the bank (contenders) to bring in Vokoun if they are trying to win the cup. Sure Huet makes it bad, and we don't really need Crawford, but we are taking salary back one way or another in a trade with Vokoun.

I don't like how Leopold and Seidenberg are being rumored in this deal, though.

One thing that I am noticing is Versteeg is being under-rated pretty harshly in this thread, the guy oozes natural skill that over 3 quarters of our forwards corps simply DOESN'T have. He would look great with Frolik, and is a young piece to add to our relatively young offense.

Old
02-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Erick

Quote:
I don't think Vokoun will return as much as some Panther fans hope. His cap hit simply won't allow that to happen. Teams aren't likely to break the bank (contenders) to bring in Vokoun if they are trying to win the cup. Sure Huet makes it bad, and we don't really need Crawford, but we are taking salary back one way or another in a trade with Vokoun.

I don't like how Leopold and Seidenberg are being rumored in this deal, though.

One thing that I am noticing is Versteeg is being under-rated pretty harshly in this thread, the guy oozes natural skill that over 3 quarters of our forwards corps simply DOESN'T have. He would look great with Frolik, and is a young piece to add to our relatively young offense.
If we can't get an equal return for Vokoun...keep him.
I don't mind Versteeg, I think he's a solid player. Still though, the rest of the deal does nothing for us. The 1st round pick isn't even a good one because the Blackhawks are so good, it'd almost be like a 2nd round pick. It's just not a good deal for us.

Old
02-21-2010, 02:46 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
For Vokoun alone, Versteeg, Beach, 2010 1st.

If we're giving a d-man as well, then the price would be more.

Old
02-21-2010, 02:53 PM
BabyJagrov

I heard the Hawks wouldn't part with Beach because they need cheap forwards for next season... Well...

To Florida: Cristobal Huet, Corey Crawford, Kris Versteeg, Kyle Beach, 1rst round pick 2011

To Chicago: Tomas Vokoun, Jordan Leopold, Kamil Kreps

And even if that seems a lot, and couldn't happen... I still wouldn't be that pleased with this deal... Garrison has our 6th defenseman after the trade deadline ? Mmmmmm... If you had a second, I'll do it in heartbeat, kind of !

We would still need Sexton to trade Clemmensen away and bring in a capable defenseman !

I know this deal is a pipe-dream, and I know we won't get that... That means the deal will be unfair, and I'll jump on the pessimistic band-wagon !

Old
02-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Erick

Quote:
I heard the Hawks wouldn't part with Beach because they need cheap forwards for next season... Well...

To Florida: Cristobal Huet, Corey Crawford, Kris Versteeg, Kyle Beach, 1rst round pick 2011

To Chicago: Tomas Vokoun, Jordan Leopold, Kamil Kreps

And even if that seems a lot, and couldn't happen... I still wouldn't be that pleased with this deal... Garrison has our 6th defenseman after the trade deadline ? Mmmmmm... If you had a second, I'll do it in heartbeat, kind of !

We would still need Sexton to trade Clemmensen away and bring in a capable defenseman !

I know this deal is a pipe-dream, and I know we won't get that... That means the deal will be unfair, and I'll jump on the pessimistic band-wagon !

Why do we have to get another goaltender who would be of no use to us, along with Huet's horrible contract? Why is Crawford part of this deal?

Old
02-21-2010, 02:58 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
For Vokoun alone, Versteeg, Beach, 2010 1st.

If we're giving a d-man as well, then the price would be more.
Where is the salary dump from CHI? No way that deal goes down without one. If Vokoun even goes to some other cup contending team we are getting salary back one way or another and it will likely be some overpaid bum.

Old
02-21-2010, 02:58 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Why do we have to get another goaltender who would be of no use to us, along with Huet's horrible contract? Why is Crawford part of this deal?
I don't understand it either... But since that is the rumor I just kept the guy in my proposal...

I've heard the Panthers organisation is very high on Corey Crawford ! And it seemed pretty credible... Don't ask me where though, I've been surfing the ENTIRE internet since I saw the first couple of reports...

Old
02-21-2010, 03:00 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Personally, I can very likely see a deal with CHI going down, but I doubt Crawford will be a part of it unless Sexton has another move lined up for Clemmer.

Old
02-21-2010, 03:01 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Where is the salary dump from CHI? No way that deal goes down without one. If Vokoun even goes to some other cup contending team we are getting salary back one way or another and it will likely be some overpaid bum.
The salary dump is Huet and Versteeg... Huet due to the fact he isn't producing the kind of numbers they expected... Versteeg because he is part of last summer fiasco with the offer sheets (edit: qualifying offers, you know Tallon's mess with the fax-machine)...

That's 8.7M coming our way...

Old
02-21-2010, 03:01 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

This rumored return is just brutal for Vokoun, let alone either Seidenberg or Leopold with him. If this happens, this is a mega FAIL for Sexton. This return makes no sense at all and is pure garbage. We do not need Huet, nor his ridiculous contract AND Crawford in the same deal. Everytime I read the return of what is rumored I cant help but do another facepalm. Just another horrible trade for the Cats to add onto the list of previous ones.

Now the with the owners keep saying to not judge anything until all is said and done, I think we can be certain more moves are coming and some players we acquire may be shipped off in another trade if this trade goes through. That is exactly what I think will happen. As pissed as I will be if this is the return we get for Vokoun, I will still wait to see what else goes down because this move just makes no sense at all.

Old
02-21-2010, 03:02 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Obviously Huet would come to Florida, but that would raise the asking price more.

And I have no idea why we want Crawford unless it means Clemmensen is gone.

Old
02-21-2010, 03:03 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
I don't understand it either... But since that is the rumor I just kept the guy in my proposal...

I've heard the Panthers organisation is very high on Corey Crawford ! And it seemed pretty credible... Don't ask me where though, I've been surfing the ENTIRE internet since I saw the first couple of reports...
what exacty is there to be high about when it comes to Crawford? Are they high on him like they were with Ville Koistinen? Don't we remember how that ended?

Old
02-21-2010, 03:09 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
what exacty is there to be high about when it comes to Crawford? Are they high on him like they were with Ville Koistinen? Don't we remember how that ended?
Don't ask me... I'm no Randy Sexton !

Crawford was a pretty good goaltending prospect back in the days with Moncton... And to me, he has proven he is capable...

I thought he could be a starter back in his junior days... I haven't followed him that much since, so I don't know where he is at in terms of development !

But his numbers, even if they aren't anything to write home about, aren't that bad... As I said, he seems to be a capable AHL-goaltender, and a capable back-up...

Remember the last time we went fishing for a back-up in the Windy City ? ... Yeah, you know his name !

Old
02-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Erick

We'd have a better chance to trade Crawford than we would have trading Clemmensen. No one wants Scott Clemmensen, now. If some team did want him, he'd be gone already.

Regardless, the last thing we need is another goaltender. It's our position of strength. Can't we at least get another forward or D man? Geez.

This is horrible. Not only are we getting this crap for Vokoun, but we'd be getting it for Vokoun AND Leopold (one of the best rental D men on the market). Horrible.

Old
02-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
If it was a 1st and 2 2nds I'd jump on that in a heartbeat... Just the fact that Versteeg is a right-hand shot is huge... Our PP is always useless because we have 5 lefties on the ice and can only play on one side of the offensive zone... It shows when Horton is gone... I really like this deal. Huet is not a bad goalie to have fill the pipes till Markstrom is ready. But a 1st and 2 2nds would be a no brainer.

Old
02-21-2010, 03:58 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
We'd have a better chance to trade Crawford than we would have trading Clemmensen. No one wants Scott Clemmensen, now. If some team did want him, he'd be gone already.

Regardless, the last thing we need is another goaltender. It's our position of strength. Can't we at least get another forward or D man? Geez.

This is horrible. Not only are we getting this crap for Vokoun, but we'd be getting it for Vokoun AND Leopold (one of the best rental D men on the market). Horrible.
I don't think this will be the deal that goes down. I do, however believe CHI and FLA can work it into something more doable.

Old
02-21-2010, 04:18 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard4Prez View Post
If it was a 1st and 2 2nds I'd jump on that in a heartbeat... Just the fact that Versteeg is a right-hand shot is huge... Our PP is always useless because we have 5 lefties on the ice and can only play on one side of the offensive zone... It shows when Horton is gone... I really like this deal. Huet is not a bad goalie to have fill the pipes till Markstrom is ready. But a 1st and 2 2nds would be a no brainer.
markstrom is ready after next season and we still have huet, who will be here till 2012-2013 so i wouldnt take that but the 1st and 2 seconds would be tempting.

Old
02-21-2010, 04:39 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
And that's if everything goes right, I said. You seem to expect that from him, I don't. I'm saying if he's very lucky, he'll accomplish that.
With all your talks about Beach not being that great of guy and not that sure of a thing... I tried to think of the last great WHL prospect to have success in the NHL...

And at first, I couldn't come with one... WHL has been a "crappy" league. Sorry if I hurt some fans of this junior league. But in terms of scoring forwards, they have been crappy... Brendl anyone ?

And then I thought about another player... One who didn't dominate the WHL like YOU would expect... And certainly a player you'll say I'm not allowed to mention in the same sentence...

This guy is Ryan Getzlaf... I won't bring you the stats, you seem to be able to do that quite effectively !

To me... Beach has the SHOT, the AGITATOR FACTOR, the SIZE and the SPEED to be quite an effective NHL player... And a great Panthers player !!

Whether he'll be a 20 goal grinding third liner, a 30 goal high energy second liner or a 40 goal monster first liner, that's up to the kid and we should let him do the showing...

To me... Leading his league in goal-scoring due to great stretch where he is more focused than ever as a 19 years old with some kind of a tumultuous junior career behind him... To me, that's a great building block going forward, and proving everybody he is a player !

Closed Thread