HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs/Blues

Old
02-21-2010, 03:17 PM
mrinsane

vCash: 500
Habs/Blues

To Montreal: David Backes, B.J. Crombeen and Roman Polak

VS

To St.Louis: Carey Price, Matt D'Agostini, Jaroslav Spacek and Yannick Weber

Habs POV: They need more big guy and I think Backes could help us. Crombeen is what a 4th line need.. big men with some hands.. Polak is playing well.. he seems like a younger version of Hamrlik.

Blues POV: I think Chris Mason isn't a number one goalie and he's ufa this summer a duet Price/Conklin can be benefict. D'Agostini could regain some passion and power scoring with guy like Kariya or Boyes. Spacek is a good veteran make him play with Erik J and He could help your team.. Yannick Weber is a good PP QB at 22 he's very young next year Blues could have defense like Jackman-Pietrangelo-Spacek-JohnsonWeber-Junland could be very nice.

Habs can probably replace D'Ago by Yemelin or Pacio

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
To Montreal: David Backes, B.J. Crombeen and Roman Polak

VS

To St.Louis: Carey Price, Matt D'Agostini, Jaroslav Spacek and Yannick Weber

Habs POV: They need more big guy and I think Backes could help us. Crombeen is what a 4th line need.. big men with some hands.. Polak is playing well.. he seems like a younger version of Hamrlik.

Blues POV: I think Chris Mason isn't a number one goalie and he's ufa this summer a duet Price/Conklin can be benefict. D'Agostini could regain some passion and power scoring with guy like Kariya or Boyes. Spacek is a good veteran make him play with Erik J and He could help your team.. Yannick Weber is a good PP QB at 22 he's very young next year Blues could have defense like Jackman-Pietrangelo-Spacek-JohnsonWeber-Junland could be very nice.

Habs can probably replace D'Ago by Yemelin or Pacio
I don't think the Blues get rid of such a strong group defensively. All three of which seem destined to huge roles on the pk. We already have a young group and they only get younger in this trade.

Spacek would not be part of our plans moving forward.

Our D has a bunch of offensive defenseman coming sooner than later.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Bluesfreak74*

The Blues aren't trading Backes.

Bluesfreak74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 04:27 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Blues decline.

Matt D'Agostini and Yannick Weber add nothing of significant value to the Blues organization. D'Agostini can't crack the Blues's top six either now or in the forseeable future, and he's a RFA. Weber has a skill set that's already very well represented in the Blues farm system and he's not NHL ready.

That just leaves Spacek and Price for Backes and Polak. Spacek's a 35 year old defenseman signed for two more years at a $3.8 million cap hit. Polak's 23, multiple years away from being a RFA at a $1.1 million cap hit, is more physical, and is arguably the Blues best all around defenseman at the moment. It's only a matter of time before Johnson overtakes him, but his defensive game is very solid and his offensive abilities are underrated. (Bah, as I'm writing this Kozlov scores from in front of the net under his guard. How ironic...)

Price is a RFA after this season. He doesn't significantly add to the Blues chances this season (especially if the Blues are giving up Backes). Backes, as everyone knows, is signed to a good contract for next year and brings a relatively rare (if overvalued) skill set to the table. The Blues can't replace what he brings from within their system anytime in the near future.

The Blues may very well be looking for a young goaltender. In fact, I hope they are. But they're looking to get one to complement their young core for the next few years...not at the expense of their young core. There are cheaper alternative options out there with upside, if that's the asking price.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 04:31 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

While I would like Crombeen and Backes... I'll pass. But you guys can take D'Agostini and Spacek for free, we'll even throw in a 2nd

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote