HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

McLaren

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2004, 04:59 AM
gruntsplatter

vCash: 500
McLaren

Kyle continues to impress me. It's not just his play, it's the character he shows and the things he says when talking to the media. He's been doing it for sometime and just thought I'd point it out. Everything this guy says in the press is class and team first. They have all been that way, from publicly stepping up when they make mistakes, to giving credit where it's due but McLaren seems to be a constant voice in the papers, and he always says the right things.

I just makes me want to know the specifics of what the hell happened last year even more because this group isn't all that different, and the character and togetherness is so distinct now.

Now I'm putting the banana in because I love the banana and have never used it.

Old
04-27-2004, 07:54 AM
Spacemania
Murray says: Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Who in the blue hell ever created that abomination anyway? XD

Old
04-27-2004, 11:50 AM
AvengerK

Send a message via AIM to AvengerK
It's peanut butter jelly time.

Old
04-27-2004, 04:38 PM
BruinsGirl

What a change....If that's true then congrats!!! While I liked Kyle in Boston I don't think he was a big team player.

He wasn't really popular in the locker room..and didn't have many friends.

One example: Whole team was at Samsonov's wedding in Detroit (including Dafoe and Guerin who weren't with the team anymore)

Nobody was at Big Macs wedding in Massachusetts.

Anyway I like what I see from Kyle in SJ. Maybe he needed that change of scenery to overcome his constant injuries.

Old
04-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Brokencow

Oh man when we first traded for this guy i was thinking "Give him time, hes been out for a long time, he just needs to get back into the swing of things."

And he didn't.. for a long time.

Now though he really impresses me. Not the best Dman on the team, but hes large, solid, and hes definitely got a big check. (something the sharks dont use too often considering the amount of big guys we have on D)

So all and all i think this was a great trade.

Though seeing him last year, oh man was he bad

Old
04-28-2004, 08:22 PM
mage23

Send a message via ICQ to mage23 Send a message via AIM to mage23 Send a message via MSN to mage23 Send a message via Yahoo to mage23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntsplatter
Kyle continues to impress me. It's not just his play, it's the character he shows and the things he says when talking to the media. He's been doing it for sometime and just thought I'd point it out. Everything this guy says in the press is class and team first. They have all been that way, from publicly stepping up when they make mistakes, to giving credit where it's due but McLaren seems to be a constant voice in the papers, and he always says the right things.
That's the reason why I was surprised with Rathje was given the "A" this year over McLaren. I wasn't as surprised when Hannan was wearing an "A" because he always seems to be very vocal on the bench and on the ice.

I have no problem with Rathje having an "A" though... it's nice to know that basically everyone in the Sharks lineup has that Captain like attitude, and they keep adding more previous captains in guys like Preissing, Gorges, Hennessy, etc.

Old
04-28-2004, 11:46 PM
stungun

kyle is a heck of defensemen. very candid and upfront much like boynton. i still dont know what to make of all that crap and rumors about him in boston. i really can say i wish he never was traded but maybe it was for the best. good luck....

Old
04-29-2004, 07:28 PM
GhostRidahz

Kyle is a huge reason as to why our defense is as good as it is. Marshall has been decent and Preissing has been inconsistent, but McLaren, Rat, , Stuie, and especially Hannan have been our defensive all stars this series.

Closed Thread