HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Canadian lines (Who do you want to play with Crosby?)

View Poll Results: Who should be with Crosby?
Nash 87 48.33%
Iginla 108 60.00%
Bergeron 12 6.67%
Toews 40 22.22%
Marleau 12 6.67%
Staal 41 22.78%
Heatley 38 21.11%
Richards 10 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Roo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage93 View Post
I would argue Nash has been one of our top forwards, but by all means, roast him too.
Definitely... he has the most energy, he's hitting, generating lots of chances offensively. Its just not translating into goals for him with Sid.

Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
I thought Crosby could play with anyone? Why is this an issue?
really you need to **** off, let us discuss this without your garbage posts in the middle of it.

OK so guys why does everyone want iginla..he had his chance, did well vs a non-nhl goalie(norway)..but really hes not the right guy. Staal, Marleau, Toews, even Perry can outdo what iginla did.

Lehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 11:37 AM
NewFang

Quote:
Simple, because Canada is losing.

Crosby is doing oK. He'd tied for the lead in tournament points, but he's not being optimized. I think there are better line combos to suit his style.

Sort of like how Ovechkin - Malkin worked better than Ovechkin - Dats.

NewFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 11:39 AM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher Catches Bass View Post
really you need to **** off, let us discuss this without your garbage posts in the middle of it.

OK so guys why does everyone want iginla..he had his chance, did well vs a non-nhl goalie(norway)..but really hes not the right guy. Staal, Marleau, Toews, even Perry can outdo what iginla did.
The correct answer is Stamkos-Nash.

Staal-Nash would be my 2nd.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
Toews-Crosby-Heatley.
Nash-Getzlaf-Iginla
Staal-Thornton-Marleau
Bergeron-Richards-Perry
Morrow

Bruins4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Yeah, haven't we been hearing all season that if Crosby had "real linemates", he'd be leading the league in scoring by double digits?

Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 11:59 AM
NewFang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Yeah, haven't we been hearing all season that if Crosby had "real linemates", he'd be leading the league in scoring by double digits?
Ya, and your point is? Are we talking about the NHL regular season here? Please go troll somewhere else or go count Ovechkin's stunning 4 points.

Old
02-22-2010, 12:05 PM
hawksfan50

CROSBY stunk against U.S.A. --he refuses to play hard defensively (-3 and could have been worse) ---why ruin Toews' good work by putting him with one-way SID?

CROSBY was suposed to carry this team..This Olympics would show the world his greatness..INSTEAD everyone is blaming all the other wingers for not being able to have chemistry with Crosby--MAYBE the mirror should be put on CROSBY first..maybe his mediocre plays is the reason nothing is clicking? He is supposed to make his line-mates look better than they are-unfortunately he is NOT having a good Olympics...LET"s be honest!

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 12:06 PM
61ncville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage93 View Post
I would argue Nash has been one of our top forwards, but by all means, roast him too.
I certainly am not trashing nash. I think he has been great in the olympics. JMO though.

61ncville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
CROSBY stunk against U.S.A. --he refuses to play hard defensively (-3 and could have been worse) ---why ruin Toews' good work by putting him with one-way SID?

CROSBY was suposed to carry this team..This Olympics would show the world his greatness..INSTEAD everyone is blaming all the other wingers for not being able to have chemistry with Crosby--MAYBE the mirror should be put on CROSBY first..maybe his mediocre plays is the reason nothing is clicking? He is supposed to make his line-mates look better than they are-unfortunately he is NOT having a good Olympics...LET"s be honest!
I would agree with this, however he's still our best player and it's the job of management to surround him with players that will help him play better.

Bruins4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 12:10 PM
NewFang

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
He stunk? Sid refuses to play defensively? lol. ok. Did you actually watch the game or are you just reading useless +/- stats.

Quote:
CROSBY was suposed to carry this team..This Olympics would show the world his greatness..INSTEAD everyone is blaming all the other wingers for not being able to have chemistry with Crosby--MAYBE the mirror should be put on CROSBY first..maybe his mediocre plays is the reason nothing is clicking? He is supposed to make his linematyes look better than they are-unfortunately he is nOT having a good Olympics...LET"s be honest!
He and Healtley have been Canada's best forwards. It's only been 3 games. Not sure what you are expecting? No one is blaming wingers, it's about finding chemistry in such a short tournament.

Old
02-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Shareefruck

It would be tough to completely change everything around again, but..

Staal - Crosby - Toews (**** it, let's just give him better players period)
Nash - Thornton - Heatley (should allow Thornton to actually be effective)
Marleau - Getzlaf - Iginla (I would have went with Carter instead of Getzlaf, honestly)
Morrow - Bergeron - Richards

Perry

Keith - Doughty
Weber - Boyle
Niedermayer - Seabrook (limited minutes)

Pronger

Luongo
Brodeur
Fleury

Nash has looked impressive on his own, but he isn't really complementing Crosby very well and his limiting his game, IMO.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 02-22-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

Toews Crosby Nash

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 12:41 PM
sleeper cab

J. Staal - Crosby - Dupuis...oh wait

sleeper cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 12:56 PM
86Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
It would be tough to completely change everything around again, but..

Staal - Crosby - Toews (**** it, let's just give him better players period)
Nash - Thornton - Heatley (should allow Thornton to actually be effective)
Marleau - Getzlaf - Iginla (I would have went with Carter instead of Getzlaf, honestly)
Morrow - Bergeron - Richards

Perry

Keith - Doughty
Weber - Boyle
Niedermayer - Seabrook (limited minutes)

Pronger

Luongo
Brodeur
Fleury

Nash has looked impressive on his own, but he isn't really complementing Crosby very well and his limiting his game, IMO.
I like the look of that defence - Keith and Doughty (and, to a lesser extent, Weber), have been really, really good so far - they need to get the bulk of the ice time going forward. Boyle has been OK, as has Seabrook, but I'll worry a bit about Seabrook against the speed of the Russians. Still, he's put in some good work for us so far. Niedermayer had some really good shifts, and some bad ones, so him getting #5 or #6 defenceman minutes wouldn't be a stretch. I'd be hesitant to use Pronger much at all at this point. Its going to come down to how much ice time Keith, Doughty and Weber can handle - they're all big-minute guys on their respective NHL teams.

Up front - I like the overall theme. Toews simply needs to play more, he's been effective on just about every shift through 3 games. Staal stepped up his game last night, I thought he played very physically and showed that he cared. He outplayed his linemates, that's for sure. I'd like to see him get a shot with Crosby, and maybe drop-down Nash to a line with Getzlaf and Heatley, to see if they can re-kindle their excellent play from the 2008 WC's. I realize that means breaking up the Sharks line, but the fact of the matter is that Thornton simply doesn't have the speed or aggressiveness that we're looking for here. The problem is, Heatley and Marleau are actually producing for us, so they need to be fed some ice time. Richards is playing like he cares, but putting him with Crosby didn't work out. I'd still like to see him get some ice time. Perry, Morrow and Bergeron need to be seeing very limited ice time going forward - Morrow and Bergeron can play the PK, and Perry....maybe just the odd shift with Getzlaf. His effort on Kesler's goal last night was pathetic.

Overall, Babcock MUST shorten the bench - rolling 4 lines, with only half of the players playing well, is a recipe for disaster against Russia. Based on what I've seen so far, this is how I would like to see the lines shake out, with the ordering directly proportional to the amount of ice time I'd like to see them get:

Toews - Crosby - Staal (note: when Staal played wing in Carolina, he played RW, his off-wing)
Nash - Getzlaf - Heatley/Iginla
Marleau - Thornton - Iginla/Heatley
Morrow - Richards - Bergeron
Perry

86Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhyZa View Post
ya, because numbers are everything.
it proves that he's passing the puck unlike its been mentioned here...that's all I'm saying...and right now he's a PPG player, how many players can say that? I understand the Nash hate, but there are FAAAAAAAAAR more ppl that should be pointed out before he

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 01:01 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Heatley-Crosby-Iginla

SCUDeriMISSILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Dave from Vancouver

I think Nash has played well, but I think it's sort of ironic that he's delivering the physical, hard-hitting game that Babcock was asking of Iginla. Iginla scores a hat-trick in his first game and gets told goals aren't his job and to play more physical, Nash plays with Crosby and doesn't score but his physical play is spot on...

Dave from Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 01:09 PM
smokes lets go

The only thing i dislike of Nash is he holds onto the puck for too long IMO, he always tries to use his body against defenders in the o zone but often gets stick checked and we lose the puck, I get he is used to it playing in Columbus but when you have crosby as your center look for him!

smokes lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 01:12 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Nash is one of the few guys actually hitting the other team's defensemen for Canada and practically the only guy camping out in front of the net. Team Canada actually needs more people to start playing like Rick Nash in this tournament. Just shoot the puck and follow it to the net and crash it. I think they should move Heatley up with Crosby and Nash to break up the Sharks line.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Jerkini

I remember the Nash-Getzlaf-Heatley line absolutely DOMINATE at the World Championships a couple years ago. It's really disappointing to see them not even get a chance together.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 01:33 PM
NewFang

Nash hit Crosby with one pass all game. And it resulted in a goal.

Old
02-22-2010, 01:39 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

Nash is fine on the top line. Just put Iginla back up there and we've got the gold medal in the bag.

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahey and Randy View Post
The only thing i dislike of Nash is he holds onto the puck for too long IMO, he always tries to use his body against defenders in the o zone but often gets stick checked and we lose the puck, I get he is used to it playing in Columbus but when you have crosby as your center look for him!
spot on! it gets frustrating here in Cbus seeing that...and that's w/o talent around him

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 02:17 PM
PrimeTimePlummer*

Send a message via AIM to PrimeTimePlummer*
You could insert any player on the Canadian team's roster in the title of this thread and it would make sense.

PrimeTimePlummer* is offline   Reply With Quote