HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Skate weights & Helmet q..

Old
04-06-2014, 10:26 AM
DangleSnipeShelly
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Skate weights & Helmet q..

I just got myself a pair of Bauer Supreme Total One NXG skates cause my other skates were wearing down. I got them for a reasonable price, as I returned alot of previous equipment.My previous skates were Bauer Vapor 25's (XXV). When I got home, i realized that the total ones were significantly lighter.... SIGNIFICANTLY. I was wondering does this loss in weight really help your play a lot? This weight difference probably helps you skate and accelerate faster, but is it a huge difference? Just wondering cause I haven't been able to use them yet and just wondering if whether or not a top of the line skate that is extremely light is worth it.

Thanks and a side question.... Anyone have thoughts on a M11 with a fishbowl? Would it look sick or completely dumb? I kind of want to get one.

Thanks!

DangleSnipeShelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Rookie109

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleSnipeShelly View Post
I just got myself a pair of Bauer Supreme Total One NXG skates cause my other skates were wearing down. I got them for a reasonable price, as I returned alot of previous equipment.My previous skates were Bauer Vapor 25's (XXV). When I got home, i realized that the total ones were significantly lighter.... SIGNIFICANTLY. I was wondering does this loss in weight really help your play a lot? This weight difference probably helps you skate and accelerate faster, but is it a huge difference? Just wondering cause I haven't been able to use them yet and just wondering if whether or not a top of the line skate that is extremely light is worth it.

Thanks and a side question.... Anyone have thoughts on a M11 with a fishbowl? Would it look sick or completely dumb? I kind of want to get one.

Thanks!
I can't say for the skates, but regarding the fishbowl I'd purchase this bad boy when it becomes available.
http://www.hockeyfaceshields.com/update-design.html

You can always purchase the older model, but the new design coming out for the Boulder Shield is well beyond the Bauer Fishbowl in terms of features. Who cares what it looks like, it's about performance over style that really counts. However, the link I sent has a preview and I'd argue that new mask looks pretty sweet (I'm gonna get it in clear).

You can even call the owner of the company on the contact section of the company's website and talk to him, tell him a guy from Winnipeg Canada sent you. Hahaha... who knows he might give you a deal or tell you when it's going to be released (soon).

Cheers

Rookie109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 11:36 AM
mattkaminski15

It definitely helps. You may not notice it right away and at first it might even feel too light but later in the game wHen you're tired and it's hard to skate as fast having the significant decrease in weight will definitely assist you. Less energy= constant bursts of speed. Instead of with heavier skates you get a few bursts of speed then it starts getting hard to keep your skates under you.

mattkaminski15 is offline   Reply With Quote