HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Go John Go....

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2004, 01:04 PM
panayiotis

vCash: 500
Go John Go....

Well Big John. Youre time is up. He did nothing in the first round. It is just as ugly against the Leafs. Y this guy continues to play on pp and with Handzus and Reechi is a mystery. Worst he is not playing the body. Bench him or play him on the fourth line. Gagne should get all his pp time and play with Zeus and Rex.

Old
04-29-2004, 04:20 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis
Well Big John. Youre time is up. He did nothing in the first round. It is just as ugly against the Leafs. Y this guy continues to play on pp and with Handzus and Reechi is a mystery. Worst he is not playing the body. Bench him or play him on the fourth line. Gagne should get all his pp time and play with Zeus and Rex.
I think he has played the body and is key on the PP as nobody will stand in front except him. On 5-5 time I agree with moving Gags into that spot.

Old
04-29-2004, 04:34 PM
capn89*

Big John will never be what he once was... he better get a whole hell of a lot better because this is probably his last chance at a cup in Philly, this year... I don't think he'll play next year... or at least, I think he'll retire... He's got nothing left. Plus he does nothing for me.

Old
04-29-2004, 05:40 PM
RoDu

I've been happy with Leclairs playoffs, he's shown some jump and has been good in the corners. It's Handzus I'm critical of, he's not scoring, not hitting, doing so so in face offs, and he's still slow

Old
04-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

LeClair hasn't done anything in the playoffs for a number of years now. This run really hasn't been all that different for him than in recent years.

Old
04-29-2004, 06:56 PM
RoDu

good bye to John, hello to Eager?

Old
04-29-2004, 08:30 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

We've got an overachieving defense that I thought would crumble with the loss of Johnsson (game 3 aside)

We finally had a deadline deal go right in Alexei Zhamnov

We finally have a goalie playing well in the playoffs

If we win Friday, we're gonna have a chance on sunday to put another team out, early in the series, at home, move on and have a legit shot at advancing to the cup finals against a weaker western conference

and you're already plotting and scheming for next season.

Old
04-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Maggiemars

Hello to Eager

Yes!!!

Old
04-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Dr Love

John LeClair hasn't been "John LeClair" for 3 years now. If you expect him to play like his old self, or some semblance of a $9 million player, you'll be waiting an awfully long time. The most you can hope for is that he can sustain his flashes of his former self for more than a few games, and that he can at least be a big body annoyance in front of the goal and pot the garbage goal every once in a while. Anything more is gravy.

Old
04-30-2004, 05:02 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
It is a combination of John not being the player he once was and the fact that the playoffs have NEVER been his time of year. One year he dominated the Sabres on the PP in a series (including "scoring" a goal through the side of the net against Hasek), but other than that, he has always been very ordinary in the post season.

Maybe it is time for Hitch to shake up the troops and bring in a high energy player to stir the pot.....like Glen Sather did in the '85 finals against the Flyers when he brought in Esa Tikkanen. The Flames have also done that this year, bringing in defenseman Brennan Evans to face the Red Wings.

Just a thought....

Old
04-30-2004, 07:10 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seeker 25
One year he dominated the Sabres on the PP in a series (including "scoring" a goal through the side of the net against Hasek)
Would you believe, I've only ever been to one Flyers game (regular season or playoffs) and that happened to be the game I went to. The First Union Center (as it was at the time) actually had no idea what happened until after the game, driving back home listening to WIP. Great game though.

Old
04-30-2004, 07:49 AM
FlyersFan

to me, it seems as though he's lost a lot (if not all) confidence in himself.

Old
04-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

He was one of the keys to us having a great pp this year...although he has been invisible and nowhere near worth his price tag in the playoffs.

Old
04-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

If I'm not mistaken, Leclair has two years and $18 million remaining on his one-way contract. He's not going to be traded and he sure as heck isn't going to retire until he collects. They can demote him, they can bench him, but either way he's a Flyer for a couple of seasons yet.

Old
04-30-2004, 10:53 AM
Coburnfan05

Leclair is not as good as he once was but as a previous poster stated he ain't going nowhere with that contract.

He did score over 20 goals, which is pretty good in todays NHL. But his size does more then reflect on the scoresheet. He screens goalies all the time and w/o getting an assist he is one of the reasons for many Flyer goals. SO if he stays a Flyer there should be no reason to take him out of the line up.

Although I would make a some line changes for game 4.

JR-Archie-Amonte
Gags-Prims-Rex
Leclair-Zus-Kaps
Brash-Sharp-Radio

What do you guys think?

Closed Thread