HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline '10 - official thread - (Deadline passed - probably no more deals)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2010, 02:53 PM
  #101
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,623
vCash: 500
http://www.soundtigers.com//ViewArti...CLID=204899338

Announcement on trade of Westgarth for future considerations.

(They Sharks still haven't announced the signing of Frank Doyle, so why am I holding my breath. )

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:04 PM
  #102
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!
 
VP and GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: at home
Country: United States
Posts: 5,370
vCash: 500
well, less than 24 hours before the deadline and no major deals around the NHL. I wonder if this is a sign of the times in a cap limited NHL or we need the first deal to kick off the dominos... just a little quiet so far...

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:05 PM
  #103
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,599
vCash: 500
I would think bringing back Kyle would have made more sense than Westgarth. I wonder what the story there is.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:08 PM
  #104
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,623
vCash: 500
http://www.sharksahl.com/story.asp?story_id=2030
Worcester announces Westgarth trade



Just now on NHL Network/Power Play: Flyers G Emory out for season (surgery coming)

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:11 PM
  #105
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!
 
VP and GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: at home
Country: United States
Posts: 5,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
http://www.sharksahl.com/story.asp?story_id=2030
Worcester announces Westgarth trade

Just now on NHL Network/Power Play: Flyers G Emory out for season (surgery coming)
They gonna start Leighton in the post season... wonder if the'll be looking at a tender for the playoffs, if they have the cap space...

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:14 PM
  #106
RainbowDash
20% Cooler
 
RainbowDash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 2,011
vCash: 500
Nice thread.

Big Kudos to Nem.

RainbowDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:28 PM
  #107
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
http://www.sharksahl.com/story.asp?story_id=2030
Worcester announces Westgarth trade



Just now on NHL Network/Power Play: Flyers G Emory out for season (surgery coming)


?

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:30 PM
  #108
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,623
vCash: 500
kausatoday
Philadelphia Flyers G Ray Emery has avascular necrosis and will have a bone graf on his right hip to alleviate the issue.


('k, I pulled a spacie. It's not like I type his name weekly or even monthly.)

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:32 PM
  #109
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
kausatoday
Philadelphia Flyers G Ray Emery has avascular necrosis and will have a bone graf on his right hip to alleviate the issue.


('k, I pulled a spacie. It's not like I type his name weekly or even monthly.)
I spelled Ponikarovsky right. Several times.

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:37 PM
  #110
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I spelled Ponikarovsky right. Several times.
It's Pony.

And you're Canadian.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:56 PM
  #111
xMARCStheSPOT
Registered User
 
xMARCStheSPOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 940
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to xMARCStheSPOT Send a message via MSN to xMARCStheSPOT Send a message via Yahoo to xMARCStheSPOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
It's Pony.

And you're Canadian.
I know its Eklund, but he's just tweeted "Roloson to Flyers close" Looks like Flyers are definitely in the market for a tender.

xMARCStheSPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 05:16 PM
  #112
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,623
vCash: 500
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312134
Oilers acquire F Marquardt from Bruins for D Wild

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 05:30 PM
  #113
Thresher
Registered User
 
Thresher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: HECK
Country: United States
Posts: 9,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312134
Oilers acquire F Marquardt from Bruins for D Wild
well FRICK
They had demoted Wild to Stockton and I was hoping to see him dress for the upcoming games at the Arena. Aw bugger.

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 05:34 PM
  #114
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,623
vCash: 500
mirtle
The Chicago Blackhawks have acquired defenseman Nick Boynton from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for future considerations

(And assigned to minors)

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 05:36 PM
  #115
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post


?
And FWIW, I was phonetically spelling (heard it, not saw the spelling).

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 07:27 PM
  #116
Winky
Registered User
 
Winky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
http://www.soundtigers.com//ViewArti...CLID=204899338

Announcement on trade of Westgarth for future considerations.

(They Sharks still haven't announced the signing of Frank Doyle, so why am I holding my breath. )

Winky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 07:36 PM
  #117
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe
 
sharkbite3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seaside, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,595
vCash: 500
That guy from twitter, the bar owner (rangerCrisis) got me thinking with one of his tweets. About nine tweets down atm @ www.twitter.com/rangerCrisis, "Setoguchi for Girardi?" This isn't to say this guy knows this is being talked about, it could just be an idea he's throwing out there. What would everyone think of that deal?

edit: a couple more posts down he speculated Setoguchi for Girardi + Dubinsky.

sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 08:10 PM
  #118
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbite3 View Post
That guy from twitter, the bar owner (rangerCrisis) got me thinking with one of his tweets. About nine tweets down atm @ www.twitter.com/rangerCrisis, "Setoguchi for Girardi?" This isn't to say this guy knows this is being talked about, it could just be an idea he's throwing out there. What would everyone think of that deal?

edit: a couple more posts down he speculated Setoguchi for Girardi + Dubinsky.
Setoguchi for Girardi is highway robery.

Girardi + Dubi would be a good return. I'd do that deal. Rangers would want something added from our side for sure.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 08:39 PM
  #119
OnTheFence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Setoguchi for Girardi is highway robery.

Girardi + Dubi would be a good return. I'd do that deal. Rangers would want something added from our side for sure.
Huskins?

All kidding aside, I'd be okay with that Girardi + Dubinsky trade. As long as the + from our side was minor.

OnTheFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 08:40 PM
  #120
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,530
vCash: 500
I don't want Dubinsky on our team.


How about Seto + 5th for Girardi + Shelley?

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 08:42 PM
  #121
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck
 
SonomaShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,130
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
Huskins?

All kidding aside, I'd be okay with that Girardi + Dubinsky trade. As long as the + from our side was minor.
Except that we'd need about 2.3M in full season salary going back, right?

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 08:44 PM
  #122
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,268
vCash: 500
TSN reports that the Pens reportedly have a deal in place to acquire Alexei Ponikarovsky from Toronto for Luca Caputi, but they need to clear cap space before it can be finalized.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312141

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 08:44 PM
  #123
sjshrky27
Registered User
 
sjshrky27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,638
vCash: 500
theres rumor about Boynton going to the hawks. How the hell can a team so close to the cap keep trading like the end of the world is in june? They have to be over the cap! WTF?!?!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...o-Pitt/1/26673

sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 08:49 PM
  #124
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
TSN reports that the Pens reportedly have a deal in place to acquire Alexei Ponikarovsky from Toronto for Luca Caputi, but they need to clear cap space before it can be finalized.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312141
So he's gonna replace Guerin? PIT has really crappy wingers: Kunitz, Guerin, Dipuis, Cooke... but they have fantastic centers - and I'm not only talking about the top 2 lines.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 08:55 PM
  #125
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
So he's gonna replace Guerin? PIT has really crappy wingers: Kunitz, Guerin, Dipuis, Cooke... but they have fantastic centers - and I'm not only talking about the top 2 lines.
Ponikarovsky would be a good 2nd line winger. he's good for 20 goals and isn't a defensive liability.

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.