HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

ETA for All-Star Game and Trade Deadline?

Old
02-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Ohio Jones
Game on...

vCash: 500
ETA for All-Star Game and Trade Deadline?

We're all around 34-38 games played at this point... when are we breaking for the All-Star Game? Around 50? And the deadline comes in round Game 60?

Just trying to plan things out...

Last edited by Ohio Jones: 03-01-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 01:58 AM
Canuck09

Are we going to have time for an All-Star game given how far behind the NHL we are right now?

Canuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Ohio Jones
Game on...

We can: we don't actually have to suspend our league play in order to run the All-Star Game. It can be run in parallel, with a different sim manager using a copy of the files to create the necessary rosters.

I'm just curious to know *when*...

Old
02-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Dryden

Send a message via MSN to Dryden Send a message via Skype™ to Dryden
we're behind? I thought this was normal

Dryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 09:19 PM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
We can: we don't actually have to suspend our league play in order to run the All-Star Game. It can be run in parallel, with a different sim manager using a copy of the files to create the necessary rosters.

I'm just curious to know *when*...
Er. I think I'll have to do it. I've noticed that transferring league files to a different sm owned by a different person doesn't seem to work very well, if at all. When's the NHL's?

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Canuck09

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewFlames View Post
Er. I think I'll have to do it. I've noticed that transferring league files to a different sm owned by a different person doesn't seem to work very well, if at all. When's the NHL's?
Typically it's in January isn't it? So the 40-50 game mark? This year of course this is none because of the Olympics.

Old
02-28-2010, 02:11 AM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck09 View Post
Typically it's in January isn't it? So the 40-50 game mark? This year of course this is none because of the Olympics.
Maybe we should have an Olympics

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Brock
HFB Partner

I say we go for an All Star Game around game 45 for all teams. I'll do the voting again, as I have in past years.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Ohio Jones
Game on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewFlames View Post
Maybe we should have an Olympics
Heh - don't think we have the ratings for full international representation. Plus, we've got bonuses for teams whose players are voted onto the All-Star teams... won't help me any, but could be helpful for some teams.

As Brock has suggested, I think we have to just proceed with the All-Star game as in past years.

Old
03-01-2010, 02:04 PM
The old geezer

Personally I'd cancel the running of the All-Star game. Do the voting so teams can claim their handful of 'sim'oleans and brag a bit but end it there.

Seriously does anybody really care how the All-Star game goes? It's a lot of work to run all for people to take a 30 sec glance. I know it's nice to have for reflecting realism but let's be respectful of people like Matt's time. I'd rather have a few regular season games run than pausing to coordinate an all-star game.

My 2 cents.

The old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Canuck09

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFNHL Red Wings GM View Post
Personally I'd cancel the running of the All-Star game. Do the voting so teams can claim their handful of 'sim'oleans and brag a bit but end it there.

Seriously does anybody really care how the All-Star game goes? It's a lot of work to run all for people to take a 30 sec glance. I know it's nice to have for reflecting realism but let's be respectful of people like Matt's time. I'd rather have a few regular season games run than pausing to coordinate an all-star game.

My 2 cents.

I agree with this unless of course Matt is going to have a bunch of spare time coming up with nothing better to do...which I doubt is the case.

Old
03-01-2010, 03:39 PM
islanders

Send a message via ICQ to islanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFNHL Red Wings GM View Post

My 2 cents.

I agree with Drew here. As it is, we are having a hard time keeping up with the regular schedule and Allstar will just take more time. We should do the voting though to pick the team for each conferance.

islanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

I agree with Drew as well. I always just take a cursory glance at the result and if it takes more than a few minutes to run, it simply isn't worth it.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Tampa GM

I agree, lets just do the voting and skip the all star game.

and yes, vote Johan Franzén as the starting Left winger for the east

Tampa GM is offline   Reply With Quote