HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Thoughts on new skates : Nike Bauer one95

Old
02-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

vCash: 500
Thoughts on new skates : Nike Bauer one95

So my search for a new set of skates has finally come to an end!

I have been using the same set of Nike Bauer Vapor XII's for about 2 years now. This was my first ice skate I ever purchased. From learning to skate again all the way up to drop in games, it was served me well throughout my progression. After heading out to my LHS in a hunt for some new, better fitting skates I was informed that the only skates left in my size (10D) were high end or low end. I had my heart set on trying a pair of one75s on to see how they fit in comparison to the Vapor line. My Vapors were almost a good fit. Heel locked in nicely, toes fit properl but they were just too narrow by the base of my big toe and on the outside of my pinky toe. It caused my pinky toe to go numb after every game. Also, I was starting to get some pretty nasty lacebite.

So, after trying on Vapor XXXXs which fit identical to my XIIs, along with some Eastons and CCMs, I decided to wait until more one75s came in stock. The employee suggested I try on the one95 boot to get an idea how the Supreme line fit even though it was out of my budget. He comes back with a set of skated-in-once, near flawless one95s that he offered to me for $300, eight on my budget line. Tried them on and it felt perfect! Heel, toe, previous problem area everything...just right. Baked them up and was on my way. Yesterday I skated in them for the first time and it was fantastic. The boot is noticeably stiffer, the fit was awesome and they're no much heavier than my cheapo Vapors. Just really happy with them so far and can't wait to see what they offer after consistently skating in them and breaking them in to my foot (if it can break in any more! It feels awesome already.)

Baggy Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Durbo20vT

I recently switched from One90s to some Brand new pro-stock One95s from a LHS for a ridiculously cheaper price than retail. After getting used to the stiffness of the boot, I must say they are a pleasure to skate in. the stiffness of the boot helps me feel more in control when cutting and turning at higher speeds.

Not once have my feet bothered me, and I just feel a whole lot more comfortable for my extended ice sessions (a few times a week I coach the Bantam Level teams in my local travel organization with a Men's League game right after). My most liked feature of these skates, NO LACE BITE

Durbo20vT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Madvillain27*

How do you guys get these discounts? I would love a pair of one95s but they're so expensive!

Madvillain27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 01:07 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvillain27 View Post
How do you guys get these discounts? I would love a pair of one95s but they're so expensive!
They're being cleared out now with the One100 and TotalOne coming out, should be easy enough to find discounts online and in the bigger stores.

As for the OP, sounds like the vapor didn't fit you at all. The heel sounds like the only part that did fit. Width was bad, and the lacebite suggests that you really needed the additional depth- the One75 would likely not have worked for you, it's a good bit shallower then the 95.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote