HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Halak

Old
02-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Halak

Since he's been on fire for quite a while and has been fantastic in the Olympics, what kind of price would teams pay for him now?

Lehtonen at close to 3M$ in cap hit garnered a top prospect and a mid-round pick.

I dare say Halak has a significantly higher value, so would a top prospect and a 1st (maybe early second if it's a bad team) be what a team would pay (even if it ends up being this offseason)?

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 12:09 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
Since he's been on fire for quite a while and has been fantastic in the Olympics, what kind of price would teams pay for him now?

Lehtonen at close to 3M$ in cap hit garnered a top prospect and a mid-round pick.

I dare say Halak has a significantly higher value, so would a top prospect and a 1st (maybe early second if it's a bad team) be what a team would pay (even if it ends up being this offseason)?

A decent top 6 forward at best is all the habs will get. Unless the deal is for more than Halak

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
A decent top 6 forward at best is all the habs will get. Unless the deal is for more than Halak
You talked to people around the league or you're just assuming that's his value?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Old
02-25-2010, 12:16 PM
gsharpe

He's definitely good. And a starter. But what would Montreal want in return? They can't take on salary so they would want (like you said) a top prospect in return.

How about:
From STL
Aaron Palushaj + a second in 2010

Does this make Montreal a better team now? Probably not. Does it make them better next year? Probably not. They should just keep Halak and rock the tandem until Carey Price turns into MA Fleury and gets his game together when he's 24.

gsharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 12:36 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
You talked to people around the league or you're just assuming that's his value?

lets be real here. He is doing well, but he is still a very late pick who has been hot this year. He is valuable but dont get your hopes up too high.

Old
02-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
lets be real here. He is doing well, but he is still a very late pick who has been hot this year. He is valuable but dont get your hopes up too high.
What's that got to do with anything?

He's been pretty good for a while. We just saw an injury-prone, RFA to be that has close to 3M$ as a cap hit, hasn't played all year in the NHL go for a top prospect and a mid-round pick.

Why would Halak's value hover around a decent top 6 forward?

Old
02-25-2010, 12:39 PM
JL4L

Send a message via MSN to JL4L
Quote:

Well, were you just expecting GM's to pop in to give their imput?

JL4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL4L View Post
Well, were you just expecting GM's to pop in to give their imput?
No, I'm saying putting an opinion out as a fact does not make it a fact.

Old
02-25-2010, 12:48 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
What's that got to do with anything?

He's been pretty good for a while. We just saw an injury-prone, RFA to be that has close to 3M$ as a cap hit, hasn't played all year in the NHL go for a top prospect and a mid-round pick.

Why would Halak's value hover around a decent top 6 forward?
Lehtonen was drafted 2nd over all for a reason. Its called Potential and his numbers in the NHL are 2.87 .912. Thats playing for an aweful Atlanta team for years. He also had some injury problems too. If healthy he is better than anything the habs have. so that comparison is useless.

Halaks numbers are 2.80 .914 playing on teams that were better than the Thrash. He was drafted 271st overall in his draft year.

Halak is younger so maybe that will help but I still dont see getting much more than a top 6 forward.

Old
02-25-2010, 12:49 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:

You started this thread asking for peoples opinion. You slam me becuase you dont like mine. Starting a thread asking for opinions and then slamming the ones you dont like seems silly to me.

Old
02-25-2010, 12:53 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
hahaha

you do realize that the whole point of you making this thread is to hear everyones opinion. then when you hear one that you don't like you tell them to shut up and that they are not a GM so they should keep their opinion to themselves.

you know it is bad when i am sticking up for a habs fan. that was just a little absurd though.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Lehtonen was drafted 2nd over all for a reason. Its called Potential and his numbers in the NHL are 2.87 .912. Thats playing for an aweful Atlanta team for years. He also had some injury problems too. If healthy he is better than anything the habs have. so that comparison is useless.

Halaks numbers are 2.80 .914 playing on teams that were better than the Thrash. He was drafted 271st overall in his draft year.

Halak is younger so muybe that will help but I still dont see getting much more than a top 6 forward.
Who cares about the potential, really?

The guy has been injured his whole career, is known to have conditionning issues (which result to injuries) and has a significant cap hit (which will at least go up by 10% due to RFA qualifying offer).

Halak has only been starting consistently this year and has been absolutely fantastic, not to mention his Olympic performance. He's just 24 and his cap is below 1M$.

Talking about potential, what makes you think Halak doesn't have the potential Lehtonen has? Because he's a late round selection? I'm not gonna get into that, there are plenty of cases where a later round pick has turned into a stud.
Quote:
You started this thread asking for peoples opinion. You slam me becuase you dont like mine. Starting a thread asking for opinions and then slamming the ones you dont like seems silly to me.
Quote:
Try saying 'I don't he'll get more than...' instead of saying it like it's a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Stock BB View Post
hahaha

you do realize that the whole point of you making this thread is to hear everyones opinion. then when you hear one that you don't like you tell them to shut up and that they are not a GM so they should keep their opinion to themselves.

you know it is bad when i am sticking up for a habs fan. that was just a little absurd though.
Read above.

Old
02-25-2010, 01:01 PM
BigHabs

I know it wouldn't put the Habs over the top but, I would like to see the Habs pick up a guy like Boyes who plays center and wing, is locked down for a few more years, has a reasonable cap hit, as well as he has a bit of size. Top end player in my opinion.

I like the contract at 4mill per, for 2 more seasons after this one.

With Moore, Bergeron, Mara, 3/4's of Laraques contract, Metropolit, possibly D'agostini's contracts all off the books for next season we could be looking good money wise, where we could actually afford to acquire him.

I could possibly see a move around players like:

Boyes
Coliacovo

for

Halak
D'agostini/Mara
Weber
A pick

The pieces from montreal's side could change but I could see the Habs trying to acquire Boyes and Coliacovo from the Blues for Halak based deal.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 01:03 PM
projexns
Welcome Back Jets!

Quote:
Try saying 'I don't he'll get more than...' instead of saying it like it's a fact.

Maybe he should precede his opinion with “I dare say”...........like you did in your first post?

projexns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Pure

Edmonton's 2nd (31st overall) + a prospect like Peckham for Halak seems fair to me.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 01:04 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:

Halak is younger so maybe that will help but I still dont see getting much more than a top 6 forward.
We should trade Price then... since everything is about potential!

He is younger than Lehtonen and he doesn't have injury issues... I think that it's safe to assume that we would get at least a young 1st line forward, a top prospect and a 1st round pick for him!

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 01:06 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Edmonton's 2nd (31st overall) + a prospect like Peckham for Halak seems fair to me.
If the Habs were selling, I would be all over a trade like that.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 01:09 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:

Do you expect to get NHL GMs on here? It's his opinion *******.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by projexns View Post
Maybe he should precede his opinion with “I dare say”...........like you did in your first post?
I was pointing out value out of 2 players that play the same position, not what I thought his actual value was.

It's a simple process really :

Since it's fairly likely X has better value than Y, and Y got package Z in a trade, could X fetch Z+ in a trade?

Old
02-25-2010, 01:13 PM
smokes lets go

for Chicago since JR see's it as a perfect fit, i'd say Buff+Calgary's 2nd in 2010???

smokes lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 01:14 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

[QUOTE=MTLPacman67;24117319]Who cares about the potential, really?

The guy has been injured his whole career, is known to have conditionning issues (which result to injuries) and has a significant cap hit (which will at least go up by 10% due to RFA qualifying offer).

Halak has only been starting consistently this year and has been absolutely fantastic, not to mention his Olympic performance. He's just 24 and his cap is below 1M$.
QUOTE]

He is a RFA this summer. With the season he has had, do you think he will resign at less than 2.5-3???

I am a habs fan too. I would love to get a stud prospect and a 1st rounder but you have to be realistic.

Old
02-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Pure

Quote:
I was pointing out value out of 2 players that play the same position, not what I thought his actual value was.

It's a simple process really :

Since it's fairly likely X has better value than Y, and Y got package Z in a trade, could X fetch Z+ in a trade?

Have you talked to GM's about the value of Halak vs. Lehtonen?

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 01:16 PM
TankEller*

A 1st and a prospect? Not a chance.

Goalies aren't worth that much... You don't need to be a GM or a league executive to know that... just take a look at the trades over the last few years...

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BigHabs

if Halak was to be dealt or even Price, do you think the Habs could look to bring in a guy like Marty Biron from the Islanders or even Alex Auld from Dallas who was waived and cleared probably could get him cheap 9-6-3 this season I believe not too bad and on an expiring contract like Biron. Less cap him too.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Have you talked to GM's about the value of Halak vs. Lehtonen?
Let's put it bluntly :

Would you rather depend on Halak or Lehtonen?

One was being shopped because he wasn't needed too, BTW. His GM went public in saying he'd trade him for any good offer he got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
A 1st and a prospect? Not a chance.

Goalies aren't worth that much... You don't need to be a GM or a league executive to know that... just take a look at the trades over the last few years...
You mean...Lehtonen for Vishnevskiy and a 4th? And that's for a guy that hadn't played all year, was shopped and has an injury history?