HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Lightning will be active at the deadline. Any speculation?

Old
02-26-2010, 09:46 AM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

vCash: 500
I heard it was Meszaros and Nittymaki/Smith to Montreal for Halak, D'Agostini and 3rd

And I think it was Halpern and Tanguay to Phoenix for Mueller and Lepisto

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Reign Nateo

Canucks should be interested in Halpern, and he's been on my radar all season long. But if they want to go cheaper, Konopka could be an option.

Obviously Tampa isn't going to move him, but Steve Downie is a guy I would want on my team.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:24 AM
Karlssonlee

We'll send you Kuba back for Mezsaros

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Underhill View Post
Possibly one of them....depends how the coaching staff feels about their inconsistency. Nitty has shown he can be great for about 6 games in a row, then he breaks down. Smith struggles with consistency problems as well. I would guess that neither gets traded.
That's because he shouldn't be a starter. At least not now.

The guy is an excellent backup, don't get me wrong, but he's not someone you should be relying on as your starter.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
That's because he shouldn't be a starter. At least not now.

The guy is an excellent backup, don't get me wrong, but he's not someone you should be relying on as your starter.
If either of you watched the team you'd know that hes been ****ing stellar for more than six games on many occasions this year.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Diskothek

Wideman + 2nd round Bos

---

Mezsaros

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:35 AM
BigTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven93 View Post
I heard it was Meszaros and Nittymaki/Smith to Montreal for Halak, D'Agostini and 3rd

Well you heard wrong, there's NO way montreal ever does that deal, they already have too many d-men and Halak's value is higher than that

BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:39 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Canucks should be interested in Halpern, and he's been on my radar all season long. But if they want to go cheaper, Konopka could be an option.

Obviously Tampa isn't going to move him, but Steve Downie is a guy I would want on my team.
Konopka you would have to overpay for, heart and soul player, the team seems to love him and he can really fire them up if needs be. Also helps he is the best face off man in the league and leads the league in fighting majors.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Butchered
Tampa=Boston South

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
No one is overpaying for Konopka unless they really want a guy who can put on a show against non fighters and just kind of get punched against anyone else. I like the guy but let's be serious please.

As far as the team goes, I'm sure they'll be active but I doubt it's going to be anything beyond what other teams in the hunt will do.

I could see Meszaros going but unless it's straight up for a defender or a package for package deal that includes a returning defender, I don't see it going down.

This team needs a top six scoring winger. Bad. Real bad. Lecavalier has been awful this year but when the guy is playing with Stephane Veilleux and the ghost of Alex Tanguay, there's really only so much he'll be able to do.

MSL-Stamkos-Downie should never, ever be touched. I'm ok with the bottom 6. It'd be nice to add some scoring punch at the lower lines too but this team has been riding one line for the last 2 months and it's worked out alright so that top 6 winger is a MUST.

I could honestly see Smith moved as well. It all depends on who is available out there. Niitty has made Smith look real bad this year. Blame it on injuries or whatever but Smith isn't the answer. I'd say you don't want to move Smith without receiving a superior goaltender in return because you don't want to go into the playoff push with Niitty and Tokarski/Janus as your netminders but at the same time, Smith/Niitty isn't exactly a nice idea either.

There's a lot that could happen but I expect Lawton to try and add a few pieces while not removing too much from the team as it stands now. Of course I didn't expect him to fire Wes Walz either so who knows.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 12:32 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

It it just me or did that article make it look like TB may be buyers this deadline, not sellers. Look for them to dangle picks to add talent instead of shipping bodies out; they're still in a playoff picture and have the firepower to sneak in. The defense could use some tweaking though.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 12:48 PM
hpheikki

Stamkos+Malone for Malkin

hpheikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 12:53 PM
DeVries*

Quote:

Mtl hang the phone and block your number forever.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Huet + Versteeg for Nittymaki + Tanguay

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Foster to NJ?

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Huet + Versteeg for Nittymaki + Tanguay
No thank you, but I am interested in Versteeg...

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 01:17 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
No one is overpaying for Konopka unless they really want a guy who can put on a show against non fighters and just kind of get punched against anyone else. I like the guy but let's be serious please.
Thats what I mean there is no point to moving him as his value is minimal, but to the Lightning you have to agree his value is a lot more, so you would have to overpay according to the market value of him at least in order to aquire him. Make sense?

Old
02-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Bolt32

Lawton makes me go Seriously????? Hes going to be a buyer? He should have his head examined, to many holes to fill for us to make a serious run. He should be shopping Vinny for some top line prospects/Picks not be looking for a top 6 winger. We said that Richards needs to go because he was under producing (Though not nearly as bad as Vinny.) With two minor leaguers on his line. Vinny has RYAN MALONE AND ALEX TANGUAY!!!!! ****! Sidney Crosby/ AO couldn't get this man out of his slump!

This just reeks of a man pathetically sacraficing the future of the team for a round one playoff stint just to save his tail. Pathetic.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 02:03 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Lawton makes me go Seriously????? Hes going to be a buyer? He should have his head examined, to many holes to fill for us to make a serious run. He should be shopping Vinny for some top line prospects/Picks not be looking for a top 6 winger. We said that Richards needs to go because he was under producing (Though not nearly as bad as Vinny.) With two minor leaguers on his line. Vinny has RYAN MALONE AND ALEX TANGUAY!!!!! ****! Sidney Crosby/ AO couldn't get this man out of his slump!

This just reeks of a man pathetically sacraficing the future of the team for a round one playoff stint just to save his tail. Pathetic.
Have you been watching the same thing as me? Vinny has Tanguay who has been appalling and Stephane Veilleux who has in his career never scored more than 13 goals in an NHL season. Vinny is on pace for PPG, while underachieving you put someone decent and Malone with him and he easily tops 82 points this season thinking 90.

Also have you thought about the fact that Lawton may be in the position that no playoffs means no job? If this is the case the future will be worried abotu in the future (not saaying I agree with that but that is where he must be coming from)

Old
02-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Have you been watching the same thing as me? Vinny has Tanguay who has been appalling and Stephane Veilleux who has in his career never scored more than 13 goals in an NHL season. Vinny is on pace for PPG, while underachieving you put someone decent and Malone with him and he easily tops 82 points this season thinking 90.

Also have you thought about the fact that Lawton may be in the position that no playoffs means no job? If this is the case the future will be worried abotu in the future (not saaying I agree with that but that is where he must be coming from)
I agree Tanguay has been sucking up a storm. I'm just afraid at deadline, all the prospects that really matter to us are going to go for a bunch of Rentals.......

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 02:50 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

What would it takes to get Paul Ranger to the New York Rangers? It's a match made in heaven. You guys want Girardi for Ranger? It's a done deal if Lawton would agree to it

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 02:54 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
What would it takes to get Paul Ranger to the New York Rangers? It's a match made in heaven. You guys want Girardi for Ranger? It's a done deal if Lawton would agree to it
Ranger is away on "personal leave" no one knows why. So his value is at an all time low so he wont be traded, just want him to come back and play for the Lightning

Old
02-26-2010, 03:02 PM
PlayMakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
Wideman + 2nd round Bos

---

Mezsaros

I would think Tampa needs to add.

Wideman has been playing well of late. He's been the better dman over the last two years. And he's only signed for 2 more years.

Mez has been pretty bad these last two years, and is signed for 4 more years. So there's huge risk there for any team acquiring him.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Mr Underhill

Quote:

Where did you hear that?

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 04:34 PM
PlayMakers

Calgary gets...
Tanguay (maybe he'll regain his form playing with Igninla again?)

Anaheim gets...
Higgins (maybe he'll regain his form playing with Koivu again?)
2nd from Calgary

Tampa gets...
Joffrey Lupul

I know Lupul is injured. But could he eventually be a good 25 goal linemate for Lecavalier?

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote