HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-NYR/BOS/ATL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2010, 10:06 AM
  #26
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,068
vCash: 500
Makes no sense for the Rangers. We can't afford to have almost $16MM tied up in 3 d-men for next year, especially when we need a ton of help up front.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:09 AM
  #27
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts
 
The Amity Affliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 9,114
vCash: 500
When will the overvaluing of Tomas Kaberle and the one-sided proposals that involve him stop?

It's getting annoying.

The Amity Affliction is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:09 AM
  #28
Landeskog
Registered User
 
Landeskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Burlington,On,CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
after they trade Kaberle you can add him tothe long list of players that Toronto traded away for nothing.

funny how things work, you can change ownership, change the gm evne the coach and players but the leafs magical always find away to make bad trades,signings, and basically moves.

Kaberle will get you a roster players, pick and prospect. he will get you more at the deadline then he will in the off-season

Landeskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:10 AM
  #29
New Liskeard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
I think you are seriously overrating his defensive play and Toronto's goals against kind of proves my point.
Kaberle is not the reason for the Leafs GA. Goaltending was a big concern among other things. Kaberle IMO is good defensively, certainlly not a shut down D, but has good positioning and an active stick. Kaberle to Washington doesn't make sense IMO, I could see Buffalo, New Jersey Boston and maybe Columbus as teams that could use his services.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:11 AM
  #30
Angry Penguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Atlanta needs poni coming back as well. They can't afford to lose 2 top 9 forwards and not get 1 top 6 forward back, especially after losing Kovy.

I would tweak it as follows:
To Tor: Nj 1st and 2nd round picks, Armstrong.

To Atl: Kaberle, Ponikarovsky
How about
TO Tor: Atl 1st, Atl 2nd, NJ 2nd, and Armstrong

To Atl: Kaberle, Poni, 3rd

If you break it down it's basically Kabby for Atl's 1st and 2nd
Poni and 3rd for Armstrong and 3rd

Also Poni is likely to re-sign as he is friends with Antro/Kubina. Even Kabby might be enticed into re-signing.

Angry Penguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:05 AM
  #31
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,866
vCash: 500
Raptor Jezus is untouchable and has exponentially more intrinsic value to the ATL fan base than Kaberle could ever dream of having with the Leafs.

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:13 AM
  #32
Transplanted Caper
Registered User
 
Transplanted Caper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Internet Underbelly
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,691
vCash: 500
Acquiring more and more Maple Leafs from a team that struggled does seem like something that would make sense in Don Waddel's head, but I'm sure someone there will stop him.

Transplanted Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:24 AM
  #33
Hawkey1967
Tim Horton
 
Hawkey1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Penguin View Post
How about
TO Tor: Atl 1st, Atl 2nd, NJ 2nd, and Armstrong

To Atl: Kaberle, Poni, 3rd

If you break it down it's basically Kabby for Atl's 1st and 2nd
Poni and 3rd for Armstrong and 3rd

Also Poni is likely to re-sign as he is friends with Antro/Kubina. Even Kabby might be enticed into re-signing.
Kaberle to Atlanta makes no sense (for either side). For one Kaberle would not waive his NTC to be moved to Atlanta.
And why would two teams on the outside looking in trade for eachothers UFAs? Both Toronto and Atlanta will be looking to move those assets to playoff teams that will be willing to pay the most.
IF Kaberle is to be traded at all this deadline it will be to a team in need of a puckmoving Dman or a team on the cusp of the playoffs that thinks he could put them over the top. (provided Kaberle waives his NTC, obviously)

Hawkey1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:37 AM
  #34
gabeliscious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Penguin View Post
How about
TO Tor: Atl 1st, Atl 2nd, NJ 2nd, and Armstrong

To Atl: Kaberle, Poni, 3rd

If you break it down it's basically Kabby for Atl's 1st and 2nd
Poni and 3rd for Armstrong and 3rd

Also Poni is likely to re-sign as he is friends with Antro/Kubina. Even Kabby might be enticed into re-signing.
im pretty sure that atlanta traded their 2nd to jersey in the kovy trade.

either way do you truly believe that kabs the best kabs could get is a mid 1st, and a late 2nd? if that is his value i will be one devastated leaf fan.

i also dont see the point of traded poni for a mid 3rd and an ufa 3rd line player. the leafs can just wait until the summer and likely sign him. i get the impression that atlanta doesnt want to resign him.

i think poni makes sense only if atlanta has a chance at making the playoffs. if not they should wait until the summer.

imo if kabs is going to atlanta then i would want jerseys 1st and little coming back the other way.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:58 AM
  #35
Enstrom39
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Penguin View Post
How about
TO Tor: Atl 1st, Atl 2nd, NJ 2nd, and Armstrong

To Atl: Kaberle, Poni, 3rd

If you break it down it's basically Kabby for Atl's 1st and 2nd
Poni and 3rd for Armstrong and 3rd

Also Poni is likely to re-sign as he is friends with Antro/Kubina. Even Kabby might be enticed into re-signing.
The Thrashers have 5 quality D already, they don't need Kaberle.

Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 12:06 PM
  #36
flerd_trandle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
im pretty sure that atlanta traded their 2nd to jersey in the kovy trade.
No, it was a swap of 2nds.

flerd_trandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 12:14 PM
  #37
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,899
vCash: 500
That Rangers proposal is just terrible. Dubinsky doesn't make Toronto better at the expense of Tomas Kaberle, Girardi is just a throw-in and probably wouldn't re-sign (unless he wanted to watch hockey from the press-box instead of play it) and the 1st may turn out to be nothing. Bruins on the other hand over-pay. They obviously need to tweak their lineup this off-season and could be possible Tomas Kaberle trade suitors next year; if they revamp their offense, because this year they aren't going very far and wouldn't be looking to add elite defensemen for that reason anyway

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 12:16 PM
  #38
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26
 
Lion Hound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennForCaptain View Post
In lieu of all of the talk about kaberle maybe finally waiving his ntc. I thought of a couple of guys I wouldnt mind seeing in the blue and white (who are all in the east, for kaberle to waive his ntc). What are your thoughts?


To Toronto
Brandon Dubinsky $1.85 mil 2/yrs
G13 A18 PTS 31

Dan Girardi (for cap purposes)
$1.55 mil RFA at end of year

NYR 1st round pick 2010

To NYR
Thomas Kaberle 4.5mil 2/yrs

NYR gets help on the pp (18%) which is also 18th in the nhl, which will help them make a push for the playoffs (sitting 1 point out right now) Tor gets a young power foward that can play with kessel plus gets one of their picks back

To Toronto
David Krejici $3.7mil 3/yrs
G11 A20 PTS 31

Boston's 1nd round pick 2010

To Boston
Thomas Kaberle 4.5mil 2/yrs

Bos also gets some help on the pp (18.1%) 17th in the nhl. I'm sure chara would like to have the puck on a tee once a game. Boston only sits 7th in the east and only 3pts up on 12th. Tor gets a young centerman who might get back to last years form playing with kessel. Tor also get's BOSTON'S 1st round pick because I believe Kaberle is worth more than krejici

To Toronto
Rich Peverly $1.3 3/yrs
G18 A26 PTS 44

Colby Armstrong $2.4 RFA
G9 A11 PTS 20

Throw in a 2nd/3rd if need be

To Atl
Thomas Kaberle 4.5mil 2/yrs

Atl again gets some help on the pp (17%) 21st in the nhl. With Kovalchuck leaving they are most likely going to get worse on the pp, and they are only 2 pts out of 8th in the east. Kaberle is also reunited with Antropov and Kubina. Tor gets a young playmaker to play with kessel and theres no secret that burke has been trying to get his hands on Armstrong
I'll take one of whatever he's having...I'd like to enter fantasyland too!

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 12:17 PM
  #39
almostawake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 500
If Kaberle gets traded it will be on his terms. He has the NTC, he has the power. Based on that fact, all of these proposals are out of whack valuewise.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 12:42 PM
  #40
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad
 
Boston BROin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,636
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
Boston offer is ridiculous. Krejci has shown in the Olympics the player he can be with linemates. He is young, extremely talented and very cheap, plus signed for 3 more seasons. No way would Boston trade both David and a #1 pick to get a 32 year old D-man with 14 months left on his contract.
Yeah, Krejci has kind of changed a bit of my opinion after these Olympic games. He was outstanding. If this is a glimpse into what he can be while being fully healthy and having legit line mates, then this guy is going to be REALLY good.

Boston BROin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
  #41
qwertyaas
LGR@
 
qwertyaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,018
vCash: 500
No for Kaberle. Rangers are not going to be put over the top by that move and if anything, kills our future depth by losing Dubinsky.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 01:52 PM
  #42
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 9,404
vCash: 500
Rangers get killed here. Absolutely slaughtered. Ruined, long term.

Plus, they don't need a defenseman. There is a lot of talent coming up the pipes. Del Zotto and Gilroy won't be a rookies soon, while Sanguinetti and Sauer will be. There are a bunch of other prospects in the system. Del Zotto, Sanguinetti and Gilroy will be more than enough as the Rangers PP defensemen.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 02:03 PM
  #43
Dylbot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Atlanta needs poni coming back as well. They can't afford to lose 2 top 9 forwards and not get 1 top 6 forward back, especially after losing Kovy.

I would tweak it as follows:
To Tor: Nj 1st and 2nd round picks, Armstrong.

To Atl: Kaberle, Ponikarovsky
Kaberle alone can easily get that.

Dylbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 02:26 PM
  #44
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennForCaptain View Post
In lieu of all of the talk about kaberle maybe finally waiving his ntc. I thought of a couple of guys I wouldnt mind seeing in the blue and white (who are all in the east, for kaberle to waive his ntc). What are your thoughts?
Over valuing Kaberle just a tad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
When will the overvaluing of Tomas Kaberle and the one-sided proposals that involve him stop?
Immediately after Burke trades him.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 02:45 PM
  #45
Pauluzzo
 
Pauluzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cambridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
Boston offer is ridiculous. Krejci has shown in the Olympics the player he can be with linemates. He is young, extremely talented and very cheap, plus signed for 3 more seasons. No way would Boston trade both David and a #1 pick to get a 32 year old D-man with 14 months left on his contract.
Toronto doesnt do this either... we get MORE... look what we gave away to get phaneuf....NOTHING lol please i don't want krejci

Pauluzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 02:47 PM
  #46
Pauluzzo
 
Pauluzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cambridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylbot View Post
Kaberle alone can easily get that.
exactly... burke can probably even get a bit more

Pauluzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 02:53 PM
  #47
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts
 
The Amity Affliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 9,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
That Rangers proposal is just terrible. Dubinsky doesn't make Toronto better at the expense of Tomas Kaberle, Girardi is just a throw-in and probably wouldn't re-sign (unless he wanted to watch hockey from the press-box instead of play it) and the 1st may turn out to be nothing. Bruins on the other hand over-pay. They obviously need to tweak their lineup this off-season and could be possible Tomas Kaberle trade suitors next year; if they revamp their offense, because this year they aren't going very far and wouldn't be looking to add elite defensemen for that reason anyway
LMFAO... Girardi would be in the press-box? Girardi would be in your top-4 if Kaberle was traded away. He's better than Van Ryn and Finger on both sides of the puck. He might even be better than Phaneuf defensively, who has regressed in the past couple of years if you ask me, and was never all that great defensively to begin with. Komisarek takes way too many bad penalties, and especially at the wrong times, so Girardi's probably going to be your top penalty killing defenseman. Schenn is good, but has been VASTLY overrated thus far by Leaf fans. Komisarek and Girardi could end up being your shutdown pair if that trade was made. Maybe you should watch the Rangers more before you go saying things like that.

Everyone should now feel ******** for having to read crap like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Immediately after Burke trades him.
Not soon enough.

The Amity Affliction is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 03:01 PM
  #48
Finnish your Czech
BestPosterAvailable
 
Finnish your Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,947
vCash: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
LMFAO... Girardi would be in the press-box? Girardi would be in your top-4 if Kaberle was traded away. He's better than Van Ryn and Finger on both sides of the puck. He might even be better than Phaneuf defensively, who has regressed in the past couple of years if you ask me, and was never all that great defensively to begin with. Komisarek takes way too many bad penalties, and especially at the wrong times, so Girardi's probably going to be your top penalty killing defenseman. Schenn is good, but has been VASTLY overrated thus far by Leaf fans. Komisarek and Girardi could end up being your shutdown pair if that trade was made. Maybe you should watch the Rangers more before you go saying things like that.

Everyone should now feel ******** for having to read crap like that.



Not soon enough.
and when did you get to watch Van Ryn play?

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 03:03 PM
  #49
CDJ
Registered User
 
CDJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cape Cod
Country: United States
Posts: 9,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauluzzo View Post
Toronto doesnt do this either... we get MORE... look what we gave away to get phaneuf....NOTHING lol please i don't want krejci
Good thing you don't want Krejci, because there isn't a chance in hell you are getting him. Have fun with Bozak as your first line center.

CDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 03:40 PM
  #50
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: United States
Posts: 11,527
vCash: 500
We don't need or want Kaberle.

To Atlanta: Grabovski

To Toronto: Colby Armstrong, 2nd round pick.

John Cena* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.