HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-NYR/BOS/ATL

Old
02-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs4stanley View Post
and when did you get to watch Van Ryn play?
Girardi's a 25 year old RFA, earning 1.550M who hasn't missed an NHL game to injury. Not once in his 3 1/2 year career. He averages 21 minutes of ice-time. He's 14th in the league with Hits(135), and 7th in the league in Blocked Shots (134). *Amongst dmen*

I love how the OP labels Girardi as a measly throw-in for salary purposes.

Van Ryn's a 30 year old UFA, earning 2.9M who hasn't played an entire NHL season once in his 8-year career.

I actually think Mike's a pretty solid player. But he's always injured. He has ZERO value right now in this league.

Considering their age, salary, and production, Girardi's easily the more valuable asset.

Last edited by Boom Boom Geoffrion*: 02-26-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Hawkey1967
Tim Horton

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
We don't need or want Kaberle.

To Atlanta: Grabovski

To Toronto: Colby Armstrong, 2nd round pick.
done.

Hawkey1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennForCaptain View Post

To Toronto
Rich Peverly $1.3 3/yrs
G18 A26 PTS 44

Colby Armstrong $2.4 RFA
G9 A11 PTS 20

Throw in a 2nd/3rd if need be

To Atl
Thomas Kaberle 4.5mil 2/yrs

Atl again gets some help on the pp (17%) 21st in the nhl. With Kovalchuck leaving they are most likely going to get worse on the pp, and they are only 2 pts out of 8th in the east. Kaberle is also reunited with Antropov and Kubina. Tor gets a young playmaker to play with kessel and theres no secret that burke has been trying to get his hands on Armstrong
this is just brutal. you're asking for our best forward(yes rich peverley is our best forward).

we already have enstrom, bogosian, hainsey, kubina, and vishnevskiy and postma in the minors. we don't need anymore offensive d-men. our powerplay was awful BECAUSE of kovalchuk. all we ever did was have enstrom and kozlov pass it back and forth until kovalchuk could get open and then give it to him and hope for a goal. it was awful. we were lucky to get one shot each powerplay.

no effing way.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 04:47 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Not soon enough.
I know, hope he's dealt by this deadline, if not, it'll be another torturous year.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 04:48 PM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
We don't need or want Kaberle.

To Atlanta: Grabovski

To Toronto: Colby Armstrong, 2nd round pick.
i think burke would want more then a 3rd line ufa and a late 2nd rounder (i assume you mean jerseys since they have yours).

having said that if a kaberle trade went down and the leafs landed a center they could drop bozak to 2nd line and im sure burke would be happy for the cap space.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 06:41 PM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Atlanta needs poni coming back as well. They can't afford to lose 2 top 9 forwards and not get 1 top 6 forward back, especially after losing Kovy.

I would tweak it as follows:
To Tor: Nj 1st and 2nd round picks, Armstrong.

To Atl: Kaberle, Ponikarovsky
that package doesn't get you Kaberle, let alone adding in Poni.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 07:07 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
Kaberle has value, but not that much value.
Let me rephrase that for you and every other poster on HFBoards....regarding every trade proposal....

In my opinion, Kaberle has value, but not that much value, but many trades have happened where the posters on HFBoards have totally miscalculated the value.

In fact Pronger got more then we thought he would while other like Kovychuk and Phaneuf got less. So really I'm just guessing like all the other members.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 07:10 PM
darko

Quote:
When will the overvaluing of Tomas Kaberle and the one-sided proposals that involve him stop?

It's getting annoying.

When he finally ends up leaving Toronto.

Sather says hell no to that proposal.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 07:36 PM
BruinsBtn

Kaberle won't get you Krejci, let alone adding something from the Bruins

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 08:41 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick
Keep Kessel

Quote:
LMFAO... Girardi would be in the press-box? Girardi would be in your top-4 if Kaberle was traded away. He's better than Van Ryn and Finger on both sides of the puck. He might even be better than Phaneuf defensively, who has regressed in the past couple of years if you ask me, and was never all that great defensively to begin with. Komisarek takes way too many bad penalties, and especially at the wrong times, so Girardi's probably going to be your top penalty killing defenseman. Schenn is good, but has been VASTLY overrated thus far by Leaf fans. Komisarek and Girardi could end up being your shutdown pair if that trade was made. Maybe you should watch the Rangers more before you go saying things like that.

Everyone should now feel retarded for having to read crap like that.

Not soon enough.
How did Jeff Finger and Mike Van Ryn get involved in this argument. Van Ryn has been injured all year and Jeff Finger has fallen behind Exelby in the depth chart. The Leafs have a lot of money tied up on D and the only hole left on D (AFTER Kaberle is dealt) would be in 6th hole. Komisarek, Schenn, Beauchemin & Schenn in the top 4 and Gunnarsson is a lock for the 5th spot because he's playing well and has a friendly cap hit. So Where does a RFA Daniel Girardi fit into that lineup? Number 5 (bumping Gunnarsson down a spot) and a cap hit over over $2.5M (if he was re-signed)? No Thanks.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Bergy for kabs str8 up. both with 1 year left on contract. leafs get a legit centerman but the bruins still need to find a scoring winger.
As a Bruin fan i'm not sure.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 09:16 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by camorr84 View Post
Bergy for kabs str8 up. both with 1 year left on contract. leafs get a legit centerman but the bruins still need to find a scoring winger.
As a Bruin fan i'm not sure.
As a Bruins fan.... HELL. NO.

CDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 09:31 PM
gotmonte

I am NOT giving up the 1st rounder THIS year. Hell, it MAY BE A LOTTERY PICK! Keep Kaberle if you like. I wouldnt do this deal with a bottle of Jack in one hand and bottle of Blue Label in the other.

P.S. I mean the RANGERS 1st rounder

Last edited by gotmonte: 02-26-2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Clarification
gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 01:00 PM
tpc77

Florida Boys

With all the rumours on this thread and others about Kaberle, I am wondering why there has been little discussion on Weiss/Horton? Both seem to be on the block for the right return. I like either of them in Toronto. Both are Toronto/Ontario born and have been underacheiving in Florida. I think either of them would significantly pick up their game if moved to Toronto where people actually care about hockey.

I think I like Weiss more than Horton simply because we wouldn't have to give up as much for him and he would solve our 1st line center issue. He has great skill and couild still break out with only being in his mid 20s.

What do people think about a deal involving Kaberle for Weiss? Florida could reunite Kaberle and Mcabe on their backend. I think we might have to provide another asset for Florida since they seem to need help up front and Weiss is currently having his best NHL season.

At the same time, what do people think we would need to give up for Horton. It would be very useful having a scoring power forward on the oppostie wing as Kessel. He is also still very young and could have alot more potential if motivated in TO.

This is likely very far-fetched and just a dream deal but how awesome would it be to see :

To Toronto:
Weiss
Horton

To Florida:
Kaberle
Ponikarovsky
Grabovski
Another asset maybe? ( mid-round pick / kulemin / mid-level prospect/ Stempniak)

We would be giving up alot (I like Kulemin's progress), but getting two young high potential forwards (who are canadian) for mainly UFAs that we don't want, but Florida might want to re-sign.......

I have not done the cap analysis on this deal for future years, but what do people think?

tpc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 03:37 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I know, hope he's dealt by this deadline, if not, it'll be another torturous year.
Don't hold your breath.

What i do to maintain what little interest i have left in reading HF is pass on 90% of the overkill topics. You're only hurting yourself by indulging in all of them.

YW

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Mark Stuart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc77 View Post

To Toronto:
Weiss
Horton

To Florida:
Kaberle
Ponikarovsky
Grabovski
Another asset maybe? ( mid-round pick / kulemin / mid-level prospect/ Stempniak)
If "another asset" means Luke Schenn and Phil Kessel, then yes.

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 04:17 PM
slickrick

you can have girardi, but not dubinsky or that pick. kaberle is not worth it either. his money isnt going to help the cap. what makes you think the rangers want him. if we take kaberle, you can have redden.

i see it happen with atlanta, though they be reluctant bout it

slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:28 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
I am NOT giving up the 1st rounder THIS year. Hell, it MAY BE A LOTTERY PICK! Keep Kaberle if you like. I wouldnt do this deal with a bottle of Jack in one hand and bottle of Blue Label in the other.

P.S. I mean the RANGERS 1st rounder
Thanks Glen good to know YOU are not giving up the pick.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:39 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Rangers need forwards. Not defensemen.

If they are shopping Dubinsky, it's for another forward, not defensemen.

If they are shopping Girardi, it's for another forward, not defensemen.

If they are shopping their 1st, it's for another forward, not defensemen.

Finally, if they are shopping Dubinsky, Girardi, and a 1st, they better get more than just Kaberle.

t.
Yeah no doubt. Considering this deal may have landed Heatley last year why would we give em up for freakin Kaberle?

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote