HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Crosby's Olympic performance

Old
02-28-2010, 05:39 PM
PensFanSince1989

vCash: 500
I don't know if you guys have heard, but he scored the Gold Medal Winning Goal in OT.

PensFanSince1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Motown

The media love of Crosby is now going to reach a intolerable level. We're all doomed.

Motown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
It must suck to have egg on your face.
what he said is right. Crosby was damn near invisible, all tournament, until the winner.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
heartandsoul

Crosby is the best player.

heartandsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Pittsburgh Pens*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90rock View Post
Not only did I laugh, I ed because I thought it was such a garbage goal by such a garbage player. Crosby's reputation has been needlessly inflated again, and when push comes to shove, he can't do anything.
Garbage player? You gotta be mentally ******** if you really believe that.

Pittsburgh Pens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:41 PM
CantHaveTkachev
Cant Have McTkachev

vCash: 1722
his goal will stand along Henderson and Lemieux

Epic stuff

CantHaveTkachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Prendan Brust

Say what you want about his tournament, he still scored the gold medal winning goal. Though I must say that whole Crosby-Ovechkin thing fell as flat as it could.

Prendan Brust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NastyNick

This was Crosby's Canada Cup 87 (coincendance?) moment. Just like Mario in 87 no one gave him any respect until he did something on a big stage. Canada might actually like him now - although i'd give it a week before they are back to booing him. Whens the next game in Montreal?

For all those calling him invisible - 7 points. The leader had 8 right? Thats not exactly "invisible". Maybe its below Crosby's standards, but still not invisible. His line struggled the last three games, but they got it done in the end.

NastyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
These are the guys in sports that separate themselves. Crosby did not have a good tournament. Crosby was on the bad end of quite a few things, he got lots of criticism, still into the game today.

But when Canada absolutely, positively needed Crosby the most, he put the game in the win-column.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
StephenDedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
The lip-quivering of the 'Cindy' Nation begins. And its awesome.

Crosby wins. Again.

StephenDedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown View Post
The media love of Crosby is now going to reach a intolerable level. We're all doomed.
Once we all stopped freaking out and celebrating this is what we talked him. I'm happy Crosby scored but at the same time...we're in for a lot of annoying commercials.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:46 PM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

I love Sidney Crosby. I defend him when he does stuff that even I think is stupid, I admit. When he plays badly, I blame his linemates. I can be accused of being a fanboy, and it is probably accurate.

But moments like this are why I have kept the faith for so long. Some guys are just destined to make the difference when it counts.

In our hockey religion, we need a god, and right now, he is it. Was he great in this tourney? Nope. But when it had to be done, did Getzlaf get it done? Did Ovechkin? Did anyone else.

No. Crosby did.

Legacy secured.

fly4apuckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
Say what you want about his tournament, he still scored the gold medal winning goal. Though I must say that whole Crosby-Ovechkin thing fell as flat as it could.
One of Russia's motivations in this tournament, aside from attempting to prove that the KHL was the better league (lol) was that they wanted to prove that the NHL was Ovechkin's league and not Crosby's. Ovechkin was the A-number-****ing-1 player. Pierre LeBrun talked about that before the Olympics. He also said that it wasn't a very good idea.

I'd say that blew up in their faces pretty bad.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

People that hate Crosby are ignorant. Why would you possibly hate him what did he do wrong besides score on your team? Is that why everyone hates him lets admit it now.

I like Crosby. I hate him when he plays my team.

The kid is an amazing player top 2 in the world. He's not over rated, and not a *****. Hockey is not about who is the better fighter. This isn't 1960 when scrubs off the streets made teams because they fought.

I hate when people ***** and cry because for some reason i'll never know what or why, they can't accept the fact that Crosby is amazing.

John Cena* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPenalty View Post
This was Crosby's Canada Cup 87 (coincendance?) moment. Just like Mario in 87 no one gave him any respect until he did something on a big stage. Canada might actually like him now - although i'd give it a week before they are back to booing him. Whens the next game in Montreal?

For all those calling him invisible - 7 points. The leader had 8 right? Thats not exactly "invisible". Maybe its below Crosby's standards, but still not invisible. His line struggled the last three games, but they got it done in the end.
he wasnt invincible but he definitely didnt impress me he got a lot of those points against weak nations and wasnt a real factor in the last couple games today was his worst game and his best game all in one

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:47 PM
JamieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
From non-factor to HERO. In one shot.
Well said. Sadly one of my first thoughts when he scored was about the uber Crosby supporters in this thread.

Congratulations to Crosby for coming through when it counts. He does have that something about him to score the big goal.

But scoring the goal in overtime does not all of a sudden prove that he was awesome in the entire Olympics or even in this game.

The interesting thing about hockey and sports is how different people are perceived. If the USA scores in OT, Crosby would have been called out by an entire country for being scoreless in the 3 elimination games and being a non-factor tonight and for flubbing the breakaway chance to seal the game at 2-1.

Instead it's now history and he's a hero. Good for him.

JamieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NastyNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
what he said is right. Crosby was damn near invisible, all tournament, until the winner.
By your definition then the only players who played in the Olympics were Toews and Rafalski.

People can't get over their hate for Sid.. i love it. You can always count of hfboards to deliver

Old
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
People that hate Crosby are ignorant. Why would you possibly hate him what did he do wrong besides score on your team? Is that why everyone hates him lets admit it now.

I like Crosby. I hate him when he plays my team.

The kid is an amazing player top 2 in the world. He's not over rated, and not a *****. Hockey is not about who is the better fighter. This isn't 1960 when scrubs off the streets made teams because they fought.

I hate when people ***** and cry because for some reason i'll never know what or why, they can't accept the fact that Crosby is amazing.
Believe me, I don't hate Crosby. I hate blind Crosby fans who always say he is the best no matter what he does.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:48 PM
RoninsRevenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Except when he won the Swiss game. The guy steps up so huge in the biggest spots. His knack for it is uncanny.

RoninsRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
In 10-15 years, nobody is going to remember Crosby's poor performance...just that he scored the gold medal-winning goal. Say what you want about him but he always seems to find a way to win, end of story.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
nowhereman

Quote:
Not only did I laugh, I ed because I thought it was such a garbage goal by such a garbage player. Crosby's reputation has been needlessly inflated again, and when push comes to shove, he can't do anything.
When push comes to shove, this "garbage player" has captained his team to two Stanley Cup Finals and has a World Junior Gold Medal, a Stanley Cup ring, and an Olympic Gold Medal. He's a national hero, scoring the biggest goal at the most integral part of the game, lifting an entire nation to it's feet. And he's only twenty-two.

Yeah, that sounds likes an apt description of a "garbage player". Thanks for coming out.

nowhereman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:49 PM
joshjull

Guys like Getzlaf, Nash, Toews and Morrow had much bigger roles in Canada getting this medal.

But Crosby will be ******** ad nauseum.

Pierre Maguire after the OT goal was seen furiously masterbating in an alley then passed out

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Tafkak

Send a message via AIM to Tafkak
Quote:
Except win a cup and a gold medal gwg? Nothing at all, guy's a loser. Pen's should trade him for a 5th.

Tafkak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Wham City

Crosby is legend.

Wham City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:51 PM
NastyNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsGreat08AO View Post
he wasnt invincible but he definitely didnt impress me he got a lot of those points against weak nations and wasnt a real factor in the last couple games today was his worst game and his best game all in one
Ok, CapsGreat, how was this his worst game? He wasn't on the ice for any goals against. In fact he wasn't on the ice for the last 2 minutes in the 3rd period -When the US really started to dominate. His last shift saw him get the best scoring chance of the period after forcing a turnover. Adding to another great chance earlier in the 2nd. Overall i thought he played pretty well throughout, just wasn't getting the pucks through