HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Crosby's Olympic performance

Old
02-28-2010, 05:52 PM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy_Eyez View Post
Crosby is legend.
And he's 22.

Kid needs to step up and make a name for himself already.

fly4apuckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:53 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Good for him. You could see how much the goal (the win) ment to him. I have no problem with Crosby.
But I'm sure I'll have a problem with the media. I'm just glad I won't hear most of the fellating that'll be going on.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hell Yeah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenDedalus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
The lip-quivering of the 'Cindy' Nation begins. And its awesome.

Crosby wins. Again.

Hell Yeah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JamieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
These are the guys in sports that separate themselves. Crosby did not have a good tournament. Crosby was on the bad end of quite a few things, he got lots of criticism, still into the game today.

But when Canada absolutely, positively needed Crosby the most, he put the game in the win-column.
Very well put.

JamieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Believe me, I don't hate Crosby. I hate blind Crosby fans who always say he is the best no matter what he does.
The fact is, no one in this entire thread said Crosby had played his best hockey or was playing elite hockey. Yet the haters read what they wanted to... that Crosby "fanboys" are saying he is the bestest!

Again, he played his role and his line went agt. the top pairings of their opponents and that allowed team Canada's depth beat the opposition.

This was even brought up before the game on TSN... but those guys don't know what they are talking about...

People who thought he was invisible don't understand hockey. Period.

In the end he came though when it mattered the most and let the haters hate.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:55 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
These are the guys in sports that separate themselves. Crosby did not have a good tournament. Crosby was on the bad end of quite a few things, he got lots of criticism, still into the game today.

But when Canada absolutely, positively needed Crosby the most, he put the game in the win-column.
Or Max Talbot.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:55 PM
habdynasty

The kid just wins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a great team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CANADA CANADA CANADA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 05:59 PM
PensFanSince1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Mr Jiggyfly> View Post
The fact is, no one in this entire thread said Crosby had played his best hockey or was playing elite hockey. Yet the haters read what they wanted to... that Crosby "fanboys" are saying he is the bestest!

Again, he played his role and his line went agt. the top pairings of their opponents and that allowed team Canada's depth beat the opposition.

This was even brought up before the game on TSN... but those guys don't know what they are talking about...

People who thought he was invisible don't understand hockey. Period.

In the end he came though when it mattered the most and let the haters hate.
He didn't dominate, like many of us were hoping for him to, but to pretend he had a bad tournament is just rewriting things.

Mark Messier was on CTV, and he pointed out exactly what you did. He's getting all the attention from other teams, playing all areas of the ice. Even when not scoring, he's making an impact.

And while he was kept fairly quiet over the past few games, he came through when it really matters, and that's all that matters. He has the goal that will go down along with Henderson's in '72 and Lemieux's in '87.

PensFanSince1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:00 PM
MIKE GUNDY*

why am i not surprised that champagne wishes is posting essays in this thread

MIKE GUNDY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JamieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Believe me, I don't hate Crosby. I hate blind Crosby fans who always say he is the best no matter what he does.
Exactly, the Crosby fans don't even realize that they bring it on. Take this thread and a lot of the comments. It was perfectly reasonable. The guy is arguably (and in my opinion) is the best player in the game and this was the biggest tournament, the biggest stage. He was merely average.

Instead of being reasonable about it, the uber Crosby fanatics come out with "you're all Crosby bashers because you aren't saying he's playing awesome! It's Babcocks fault! It's linemates! Don't look at stats! Look at stats! He's great on faceoffs! He's great defensively! It's linemates fault again! His job to be a decoy! Give Crosby credit for Getzlaf scoring! 'Yeah, I guess you think Pittsburgh should cut him!!!"

That's why people dislike Crosby. You can't have a rational discussion about him that includes perhaps he's not dominating like he was capable of without having the supporters accuse everyone of mindless bashing.

JamieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fairweather

I'd be happy to have this "overrated" player on my team any time.

Fairweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:01 PM
reddog737

Crosby is a winner

reddog737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:02 PM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
Exactly, the Crosby fans don't even realize that they bring it on. Take this thread and a lot of the comments. It was perfectly reasonable. The guy is arguably (and in my opinion) is the best player in the game and this was the biggest tournament, the biggest stage. He was merely average.

Instead of being reasonable about it, the uber Crosby fanatics come out with "you're all Crosby bashers because you aren't saying he's playing awesome! It's Babcocks fault! It's linemates! Don't look at stats! Look at stats! He's great on faceoffs! He's great defensively! It's linemates fault again! His job to be a decoy! Give Crosby credit for Getzlaf scoring! 'Yeah, I guess you think Pittsburgh should cut him!!!"

That's why people dislike Crosby. You can't have a rational discussion about him that includes perhaps he's not dominating like he was capable of without having the supporters accuse everyone of mindless bashing.
My thoughts exactly

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFanSince1989 View Post
He didn't dominate, like many of us were hoping for him to, but to pretend he had a bad tournament is just rewriting things.

Mark Messier was on CTV, and he pointed out exactly what you did. He's getting all the attention from other teams, playing all areas of the ice. Even when not scoring, he's making an impact.

And while he was kept fairly quiet over the past few games, he came through when it really matters, and that's all that matters. He has the goal that will go down along with Henderson's in '72 and Lemieux's in '87.
People put too much expectations on Crosby, Malkin and AO and thought they would score all of these points and just dominate.

You are going agt. the best players in the world and their whole plan is to stop you using their best players.

It is Olympic hockey, not an All-Star game where no one plays any defense or hits.

Then when Crosby doesn't put up an HT every game, suddenly he is playing badly.

Silliness...

Old
02-28-2010, 06:03 PM
FrankG

Quote:

FrankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:04 PM
PensFanSince1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog737 View Post
Crosby is a winner
At 22 years old,

World Junior Champion
Stanley Cup Champion
Olympic Champion

Yeah, I'd say he's quite the winner.

Old
PensFanSince1989

Also, now we can mix up the Crosby holding the Stanley Cup pictures with Crosby holding his Gold Medal.

Old
Ovechking

vCash: 1355
Crosby won it for Canada, simple as that. He wasn't the best player on Canada for the tournament, or even for the game. But when it all came down to it, it was him who was able to put it away. Not anybody else. That's all that matters.

Ovechking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Pittsburgh Pens*

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog737 View Post
Crosby is a whiner
fixed.

Pittsburgh Pens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:06 PM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Mr Jiggyfly> View Post
People put too much expectations on Crosby, Malkin and AO and thought they would score all of these points and just dominate.

You are going agt. the best players in the world and their whole plan is to stop you using their best players.

It is Olympic hockey, not an All-Star game where no one plays any defense or hits.

Then when Crosby doesn't put up an HT every game, suddenly he is playing badly.

Silliness...
I dont think anyone expected to put up a hat trick he just sometimes looked unusually off
for example his defensive game was sloppy sometimes
his passing seemed a bit off
but he excelled on his board work no ones better at that

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:

Find a post in this entire thread where anyone said those things...

Good luck with that.

Everyone defending Crosby was explaining why he wasn't playing badly and how he was being used.

The sad thing is the "haters" are so delusional they read things that aren't even there. Then use the Crosby fan boys as an excuse to hate him and the imaginary things they said...

Twisted logic, but expected.

Old
02-28-2010, 06:08 PM
PensFanSince1989

And lmao @ Crosby carrying the big flag.

Old
02-28-2010, 06:10 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post
Crosby won it for Canada, simple as that. He wasn't the best player on Canada for the tournament, or even for the game. But when it all came down to it, it was him who was able to put it away. Not anybody else. That's all that matters.
i wouldnt say thats ALL that matters.. congrats to him for getting the GWG no doubt... but the guys who even got canada there need to get some credit.. everyones loving crosby cause miller had a real ****** time to give up a softy.. props to him for getting the GWG but if you assess his ENTIRE performance i dont think you can say he had as good of an olympics as he should.. definitely not the TOP 3 forwards on the canadian roster or top 5 overall players but not horrible like some people were saying..

bumperkisser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Pittsburgh Pens*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
i wouldnt say thats ALL that matters.. congrats to him for getting the GWG no doubt... but the guys who even got canada there need to get some credit.. everyones loving crosby cause miller had a real ****** time to give up a softy.. props to him for getting the GWG but if you assess his ENTIRE performance i dont think you can say he had as good of an olympics as he should.. definitely not the TOP 3 forwards on the canadian roster or top 5 overall players but not horrible like some people were saying..
Perfectly said.

Pittsburgh Pens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Lizard King*

id like to state that as a one time crosby hater.
i've been converted.
crosby is legend

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote