HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Crosby's Olympic performance

Old
02-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Hell Yeah!!!

vCash: 500
Funny thing is if Ovy scored the OT game winner after having the poor Olympic performance he just did he would be fallated endlessly here.

Hell Yeah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PenguinTommy

Yeah, Cindy Crysby scored just LUCKY gold-medal game-winning OT goal ... HE SUCKS !!1!!!1111!!!hunderdandeleven!!!1

PenguinTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsGreat08AO View Post
I dont think anyone expected to put up a hat trick he just sometimes looked unusually off
for example his defensive game was sloppy sometimes
his passing seemed a bit off
but he excelled on his board work no ones better at that
Crosby's missed a total of one assignment that lead to a goal...

Every player on Team Canada missed defensive assignments, I guarantee you that.

As for his passing, I guess you missed all of the glorious chances he was laying out for his linemates?

Again, people micro analyze what he is doing and try to find something wrong.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Andy

lol the haters are funny.

Yah he had trouble out there, who cares, he scored when they needed him most. The kid is 22 and has accomplished more than half the league probably ever will by 40. It was his first olympics and was watched like a hawk. Ovechkin didn't do any better when teams were on his back.

No one is saying that Crosby was the best player, I don't think anyone has said that yet, but he did what Canada needed him to do...period.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:15 PM
nshockey

Crosby Clutch!! Wins Canada the GOLD !!!!!!!!!! HE IS A WINNER !!

nshockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Shoofyou10

In 7 games he had 4 goals, 3 assists for 7 points. I would say thats a pretty good tourny. A point a game on a team with all that talent where he didnt have to step up and do everything is pretty good.

Being American I was rooting for USA but I am glad that if anyone for Canada had to be the hero I am glad it was Sid. Congrats

Shoofyou10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:20 PM
kinggelato

Crosby is the most overhyped player in the NHL right now. He is a great player but not close to being the best at this point yet they act as if he is no doubt one of the top two players in the league. Doing that really hurts the marketing of the league because when people go to see the best player in the league in any sport they expect to come away in awe but more times than often that doesn't happen with Crosby.
Iginla's boardwork and pass was 75% of the winning goal. I'm sure by the end of evening it will be a tournament that Crosby dominated.

kinggelato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoofyou10 View Post
In 7 games he had 4 goals, 3 assists for 7 points. I would say thats a pretty good tourny. A point a game on a team with all that talent where he didnt have to step up and do everything is pretty good.

Being American I was rooting for USA but I am glad that if anyone for Canada had to be the hero I am glad it was Sid. Congrats
Yup he also had two GWG...but Crosby sucks.

It was clearly fixed by Bettman.

Old
02-28-2010, 06:22 PM
JamieG

Quote:
In 7 games he had 4 goals, 3 assists for 7 points. I would say thats a pretty good tourny. A
Oh come on. This is what we're all talking about with Crosby fans bringing on the Crosby dislike themselves.

One moment it was don't look at the stats, now it's look at the stats. 3 of those points were against Norway, how many against Germany and his shootout goal which he got a chance to shoot twice, counted. He was not offensively dominant in this tournament and he was sloppy defensively at times (a lot more than one missed asignment) and people trying to make it sound that way are simply showing their bias for Crosby.

If you're Crosby fan, grab ahold to his big game moments and coming through when it's most important. That is true. Don't try to rewrite the way the entire tournament played out.

JamieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggelato View Post
Crosby is the most overhyped player in the NHL right now. He is a great player but not close to being the best at this point yet they act as if he is no doubt one of the top two players in the league. Doing that really hurts the marketing of the league because when people go to see the best player in the league in any sport they expect to come away in awe but more times than often that doesn't happen with Crosby.
Iginla's boardwork and pass was 75% of the winning goal. I'm sure by the end of evening it will be a tournament that Crosby dominated.
Crosby is going to hit 500 career points in 5 seasons. I wonder how many players aside from Ovechkin can say the same thing? Oh right...none, but he's not a top 2 player in the league

This thread just proves the the HF Crosby hate theory.

As for the goal, Crosby brought the piuck in the zone, beat two d-men to get to the puck behind the net, passed to Iginla who then passed it back to Crosby, but yah Iginla did ALLL the work.

Old
02-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Ovie's Neighbor

I think Crosby winning a gold is not nearly as impressive as winning a cup, I think it is much harder to win a cup than to win a gold medal if you play for Canada. It is like the US winning gold in basketball versus a player winning a championship in the NBA.

Ovie's Neighbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:25 PM
kanuck87

There's no shame in being the Robert Horry of hockey.

(Which Crosby isn't anyways. He's a lot better)

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Lim Ran

vCash: 50

Lim Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Hell Yeah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggelato View Post

Hell Yeah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Shoofyou10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
Oh come on. This is what we're all talking about with Crosby fans bringing on the Crosby dislike themselves.

One moment it was don't look at the stats, now it's look at the stats. 3 of those points were against Norway, how many against Germany and his shootout goal which he got a chance to shoot twice, counted. He was not offensively dominant in this tournament and he was sloppy defensively at times (a lot more than one missed asignment) and people trying to make it sound that way are simply showing their bias for Crosby.

If you're Crosby fan, grab ahold to his big game moments and coming through when it's most important. That is true. Don't try to rewrite the way the entire tournament played out.
I dont understand what your trying to say? Those are his stats and he did have a point per game. I wasnt trying to really make any argument other than to say that he had a point per game and most people would take that. I agree that he wasnt dominant or anything but he had a solid olympics and made plays when they really needed him (shootout against Swiss and OT against USA). And he is still only 22 and not even in his prime yet.

Shoofyou10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:31 PM
BlackAces*

Crosby makes all the mindless idiots eat it once again!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo Sid!!

BlackAces* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Epictetus
Release the Hounds.

vCash: 155
Respect him much more as a player, this will go down as one of his greatest goals in a long career ahead of him.

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Preach

Greatest. Player. EVER.

Preach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Dangler99*

Crosby is a LEGEND. Greatest Goal of his Career!!!

Dangler99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Bobby Orr
The End

I wonder if he thought of the washing machine when he took the shot against Miller.

Bobby Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:35 PM
kihei

vCash: 3140
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Well, I think he[Crosby] has to be a lot more than a decoy. But let's hope that you are right.
Well, he was a lot more than a decoy, as it turned out. For Crosby, that's the stuff that legends are made of. And just in the nick of time.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Lim Ran

vCash: 50
Quote:
Iginla's boardwork and pass was 75% of the winning goal.
You're trolling, right. You can't be serious?

Lim Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:42 PM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
Watching him play I wonder if he pulled his groin on that offside play early in the Olympics.
You know, I wondered the same thing. Didn't McGuire said he was grimacing as he came to the bench after reaching to stay on-side? Sid has a groin history, of course. He didn't have his usual jump, that's for sure.

Nice catch, by the way. From someone who pays as much attention to the tiniest of details (which drives all those around me completely nuts).

fly4apuckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Lindros_for_rizzle_

There were 5-6 players in Canada who were better and more important than Crosby to be honest. Getzlaf for example is all-round a better and more important player than Crosby.

Lindros_for_rizzle_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:44 PM
AquaticBirdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashurian View Post
Crosby = 4th line center on Sunday, Not producing offensively + Giveaways = Big Liability, costing us goals against the USA
It's sad how people like you need to grossly exaggerate everything just to justify your hate for the kid. He was anything but a liability. Get over it.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote