HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik Injury (Update 3/5: Andrew Gross- Gabs expects to play Saturday)

Old
02-27-2010, 11:15 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Gaborik didn't play the 3rd period last night. His injury is not related to the cut over his knee. He may play for bronze tonight.
http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger

Quote:
Gaborik has been not ruled out of Slovakia-Finland Bronze Medal Game, is latest news...
http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/9736616103

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Section311

http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger

Injury not related to cut on knee

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 11:36 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I'd PREFER the injury to be related to the cut on his knee - much better than being related to the groin injury that cost him the better part of 2 years...

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Son of a b.... This ain't good at all. ****

Loffen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Chimp

As long as he's fit for fight for the 2012/2013 season, I don't care what he does. He can take the season off for all I care, he's done enough for us. Take Hank with you to Bahamas.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 12:00 PM
a79krgm

Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
Wild fan here. I don't mean any disrepect, but I see that there are other fans now who went through what we did with Gabby. I mean it was always the questions, is he alright ... Will he play? Sometimes he was say the groing was fine and the next day we learn he's out for two weeks. Man, I kinda of glad he's not on my team anymore. I'm couldn't take it anymore.

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

I guess if he's gonna be hurt it might as well be this season... it's darn near a lost cause so we'll see. But if this is the groin that was supposed to be fixed by the surgery... we may be in trouble long term.

Ahhhhhh... life as a NYR fan.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 12:55 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Hopefully it isn't serious, and it's a damn shame. Gaborik wouldn't have shanked that damn open net like Demitra.

Get well Gabs!
he would have buried that chance demitra had right before that one too. On the replay it looked light Luongo got a piece of that one. The puck definitely changed paths unless that was the cross bar he hit.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 12:56 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by a79krgm View Post
Wild fan here. I don't mean any disrepect, but I see that there are other fans now who went through what we did with Gabby. I mean it was always the questions, is he alright ... Will he play? Sometimes he was say the groing was fine and the next day we learn he's out for two weeks. Man, I kinda of glad he's not on my team anymore. I'm couldn't take it anymore.
The Minnesota medical staff doesn't compare with the Rangers staff. Ron Salcer represents both Gaborik and Brent Burns. Didn't Salcer accuse the Wild of negligence last season of misdiagnosing a concussion suffered by Burns? The Wild medical staff said it was sinusitis. Burns still played for nearly 1 month with a concussion. Burns complained to Salcer about not feeling right and headaches. After Salcer made a stink,Burns was diagnosed with a concussion.

PM Bouchard suffered a concussion in training camp this season and the Wild said it was the flu. He suffered a concussion last season. Bouchard said he never fully recovered from last season's concussion. Why was he cleared to play?

The Wild medical staff is a joke.

Old
02-27-2010, 12:59 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
I guess if he's gonna be hurt it might as well be this season... it's darn near a lost cause so we'll see. But if this is the groin that was supposed to be fixed by the surgery... we may be in trouble long term.

Ahhhhhh... life as a NYR fan.

It was hip surgery. Weakness in the hip contributed to the groin and leg injuries. He had a groin injury in training camp. It really hurt his play this season.

Old
02-27-2010, 02:18 PM
slovakfan*

gggzzsss...

I provided you with a link.
http://oh2010.sme.sk/c/5262218/gabor...m-nastupi.html
Head coach is exactly saying here: Marian had light disconfort, but he is OK now."

"Marián mal ľahší diskomfort, ale už je to v poriadku,"

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 02:23 PM
John Torturella

Do the Rangers have ANY say in whether he plays? I think its ridiculous that he even played in the tournament at all. If I was paying the guy 7 million bucks there is no way in hell he would play tonight if I had any say. Its a bronze medal. Theyll likely win without him too.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 02:46 PM
3rd Guy High

Quote:
Originally Posted by elMatador View Post
per head coach Filc "after the 2nd period Gaborik was experiencing a mild discomfort but now is OK and should be ready to go for the bronze medal game tomorrow"
HAHAHAHA "mild".

Find it very hard to believe it was only mild if he wasn't playing...

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 04:32 PM
92hatchattack

I love my Rangers, but these guys get the chance to play for their countries once every 4 years. Its very selfish of us as fans to sit here and say that we wish that he wouldnt play. Makes me sick.

I hope Gabby plays tonight.

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 04:40 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
I love my Rangers, but these guys get the chance to play for their countries once every 4 years. Its very selfish of us as fans to sit here and say that we wish that he wouldnt play. Makes me sick.

So it makes you sick that fans of a franchise dont want their only chance at the playoffs to sit out a bronze medal game? If you are Rangers fan and you want Gaborik to risk his season playing an exhibition game then you are out of your mind.

Old
02-27-2010, 04:48 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
So it makes you sick that fans of a franchise dont want their only chance at the playoffs to sit out a bronze medal game? If you are Rangers fan and you want Gaborik to risk his season playing an exhibition game then you are out of your mind.
So if you had the opportunity to play for your country you would turn it down? I sure wouldn't.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 04:58 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
So if you had the opportunity to play for your country you would turn it down? I sure wouldn't.
If someone was paying you 7 million + to play for their team, would you risk injuring yourself further for 3rd place playing in a tournament where you are playing for free? I would not.

Old
02-27-2010, 05:13 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
If someone was paying you 7 million + to play for their team, would you risk injuring yourself further for 3rd place playing in a tournament where you are playing for free? I would not.
When that tournament happens once every 4 years and is the Olympics, yes, absolutely. And that 3rd place is a Bronze medal in the Olympics, not just 3rd place in any old tournament.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:33 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
I think you're the guy out of your mind here. You're calling an exhibition game, a game for a bronze medal at the Olympics? Do you know an Olympic medal is probably the biggest thing a player wants to win after Lord Stanley? That's just ridiculous. Don't worry, Gaborik won't ****ed up his leg if that's really serious.

I'm certain Jim Ramsey (our head trainer) and Bruce Lifrieri (assistant trainer), who are working with Team Canada for the former, and with Team USA for the latter, are in touch with him since yesterday, if not for the whole tournament. Let see what happens tonight, but I'm sure Gaborik won't do something stupid to aggravate an injury no matter what. Wild fans will say he will, he's stubborn, but he's not in Minny anymore.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:37 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post

definitely agree with that 100%.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Levitate

can't say I'm worried, for some reason. dude will be fine

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Vitto79

With Olympic rules they can dress their entire roster. I can see Gabby just work the PP. Regardless yes he will want to be there for his country and to win a bronze. If Oli goes near him we should release him immediatly

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:47 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
he would have buried that chance demitra had right before that one too. On the replay it looked light Luongo got a piece of that one. The puck definitely changed paths unless that was the cross bar he hit.
Definitely hit the cross bar. May have just been barely tipped by Luongo. Changed direction when it hit the crsss bar.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:49 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Minnesota medical staff doesn't compare with the Rangers staff. Ron Salcer represents both Gaborik and Brent Burns. Didn't Salcer accuse the Wild of negligence last season of misdiagnosing a concussion suffered by Burns? The Wild medical staff said it was sinusitis. Burns still played for nearly 1 month with a concussion. Burns complained to Salcer about not feeling right and headaches. After Salcer made a stink,Burns was diagnosed with a concussion.

PM Bouchard suffered a concussion in training camp this season and the Wild said it was the flu. He suffered a concussion last season. Bouchard said he never fully recovered from last season's concussion. Why was he cleared to play?

The Wild medical staff is a joke.
I've heard from people who should know that this was part of the reason that Risebrough was whacked in Minnesota. he owner apparently wasn't very happy.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:49 PM
John Torturella

I could see if this was the gold medal game that you would risk the rest of your season for it. But its 3rd place. The only position that is remembered is 1st. If I am the Rangers and I have ANY say in whether he plays tonight there is no chance he is playing.

As a fan who pays for season tickets, I want to see Gaborik out there at the next home game. Not on IR because he had to try and get 3rd place. Just my opinion and you can say whatever you want, but its not gonna change it.

As a hockey player your decision should be made based on the millions of dollars your real team pays you and the thousands of people who come to MSG to see you play each and every night.