HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik Injury (Update 3/5: Andrew Gross- Gabs expects to play Saturday)

Old
02-27-2010, 05:58 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Perfect storm for Sell/Tank Nation

1)Gaborik hurt
2)Rangers get shelled in Ottawa

Forcing Slats to sell on Wednesday
Even if both of those things happened he wouldn't sell. He'd think, "well, we got this far with one superstar...ill just make a horrible trade to get another superstar to temporarily replace Gaborik so that we can barely get into the playoffs, get our ***es handed to us and make some extra money."

Sorry.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:58 PM
js10

please, do not overexaggerate the whole situation. it was something minor and coach did not risk it further when going back to game at 0:3

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by js10 View Post
please, do not overexaggerate the whole situation. it was something minor and coach did not risk it further when going back to game at 0:3
Great, so lets risk making it major now by having him play tonight.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by js10 View Post
And at 3:2 with a few minutes left the coach didn't think on calling on him? If it was mild he would have played.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 07:17 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
I could see if this was the gold medal game that you would risk the rest of your season for it. But its 3rd place. The only position that is remembered is 1st. If I am the Rangers and I have ANY say in whether he plays tonight there is no chance he is playing.

As a fan who pays for season tickets, I want to see Gaborik out there at the next home game. Not on IR because he had to try and get 3rd place. Just my opinion and you can say whatever you want, but its not gonna change it.

As a hockey player your decision should be made based on the millions of dollars your real team pays you and the thousands of people who come to MSG to see you play each and every night.
What about the millions of people following you and hoping to see you play and succeed in the Olympics?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 07:24 PM
OverTheCap

Some of us may think "oh, it's only the bronze medal game," but this is huge for the country of Slovakia.

Slovakia's hockey team has never had the opportunity to play in a medal game in the Olympics. This is their first chance and it will be historic for Slovakia if they win bronze. I can understand why Gaborik would want to play, even if he is suffering an injury.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 07:33 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
What about the millions of people following you and hoping to see you play and succeed in the Olympics?
I dont think its important at this point. The most important thing for Gaborik is Rangers hockey.

The guy is contractually obligated to the team. Thats should hold the most weight at this point.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 07:39 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
I dont think its important at this point. The most important thing for Gaborik is Rangers hockey.

The guy is contractually obligated to the team. Thats should hold the most weight at this point.
What about a tournament like the World Cup? Should those players not participate?

The Olympics are VERY important to European players, almost more so than the Stanley Cup because that is what they grow up with. International hockey tournaments are what they grow up dreaming of and asking a player to "skip" playing for his native country when he was invited to do so is selfish.

I understand that you, and everyone else wants him to stay healthy. But this is a dream for practically everyone who plays a sport. A Bronze medal is nothing to be ashamed of at all.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Nick00

Quote:
What about a tournament like the World Cup? Should those players not participate?

The Olympics are VERY important to European players, almost more so than the Stanley Cup because that is what they grow up with. International hockey tournaments are what they grow up dreaming of and asking a player to "skip" playing for his native country when he was invited to do so is selfish.

I understand that you, and everyone else wants him to stay healthy. But this is a dream for practically everyone who plays a sport. A Bronze medal is nothing to be ashamed of at all.
I'm not saying NHL players should not be allowed to participate at all but there needs to be some kind of conditions set, especially when it comes to larger contracts.
You can't be paying a guy with a long history of health problems 7 million and have him playing through an injury just because he's invested in international hockey at the time.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 08:04 PM
John Torturella

Quote:

I guess we have to agree to disagree but Im a little frustrated with Gaborik and his willingness to play through injury for the Rangers.

Im seriously starting to doubt Gaborik's drive to play for the Rangers. He hurt his knee this year and missed a few games. He got cut in practice and missed multiple games for the Rangers but was able to play multiple games in the Olympics. Cuts like his, especially near joints dont get better in 2 days. Now watch him play tonight and miss Tuesday's game.

Im also willing to better that he changed the way he was skating because of his cut and this is likely at least part of why he injured something else. Its like a pitcher in baseball who hurts his leg. They compensate and hurt there shoulder or elbow.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 09:07 PM
ColonialsHockey10

He's playing.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 09:11 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
He's playing.
Seems to be skating fine too! good news

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 09:14 PM
17futurecap

Just turn it on, and I have to here Joe tell me Gabby is gliding out there ugh.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 09:18 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Just turn it on, and I have to here Joe tell me Gabby is gliding out there ugh.
Joe's a moron, he looks fine, they just had him close up on the bench as well and he showed no signs of discomfort.

Old
02-27-2010, 10:02 PM
valence

Gaborik is not himself...he is not there mentally and physically for Slovakia. Ray Ferraro also mentions that he is not the Gaborik we are used to....he is skating ok but we are not on the ice like Ferraro is. One odd man rush for the slovaks and he mentions that gaborik did not take any strides to create speed and they are at a unanimous decision that garborik is indeed slowed down by his "injury"

valence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 10:06 PM
valence

Gaborik Just Scored

Old
92hatchattack

Yeah Gaby!!! Go for it guys!

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MorrisWanchuk

can you say quick release?

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 10:07 PM
valence

Man i think even if gaborik has only one leg he would still play....good for him and slovakia...they really want this medal

Old
02-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Abooch68

hopefully after this game and 3 and a half days rest he'll be ok

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 10:10 PM
BoHorvatFan

I've been watching this game thinking about you Rangers fans the whole time. He had a chance to have a breakaway in the first and couldn't even push off to get going. He left the puck and went right to the bench.

Gaborik looks badly hurt. He can't push off or stride and looks to be in constant pain on the bench.

I've seen this before when he was with the Wild and it doesn't end well.

BoHorvatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 10:13 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
hopefully after this game and 3 and a half days rest he'll be ok
I hope so too, maybe he doesn't look 100%, but i've watched the whole game, he isn't missing shifts, he isn't cutting them short and he isn't standing still on the powerplay, I haven't seen anything that makes me think he's playing hurt.

Old
02-27-2010, 10:14 PM
valence

after the goal, he seems to be in discomfort on the bench its all in his facial expressions

Old
02-27-2010, 10:15 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikSedinFan View Post
I've been watching this game thinking about you Rangers fans the whole time. He had a chance to have a breakaway in the first and couldn't even push off to get going. He left the puck and went right to the bench.

Gaborik looks badly hurt. He can't push off or stride and looks to be in constant pain on the bench.

I've seen this before when he was with the Wild and it doesn't end well.
What the heck game are you watching, people are making it sound like he's standing around

i think people are looking to hard to find something

Old
02-27-2010, 10:16 PM
92hatchattack

Yeah baby!!! 2-1 GO GO GO!

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote