HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why not be proud???????

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2004, 11:14 PM
EaGLE1

vCash: 500
I am proud of course but what i dont like is that we lose in our best game in 10 games. Theo sucks. The tying goal was between Theo's leg. Damn, it's not acceptable. Theo was not even there after the game to talk to the medias.

Old
04-27-2004, 11:15 PM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
first things first, ax2+bx+c, we don't "hate" you, you are entitled to your opinion, the problem I have with you is when you have formed an opinion, it completely shrouds your judgement, and nothing, and I mean NOTHING, will change your mind, even when you are so very obviously mistaken, and you can't see or admit when you are wrong.

I am unbelievably proud of this team, and I think I have proven it over and over again, by not stooping to the level of these pointless (POINTLESS!) personal attacks on players after every single loss.

That being said, I DO believe this thread has been created one game too early.

Old
04-27-2004, 11:17 PM
Mathletic

... and I forgot to mention Steve Bégin

Old
markov`

I remember what Guy! said after Game One against the Bruins...it's not even about getting into the 2nd round, just about giving our youngs players some experience. That's exactly what happened. The team came back from a 1-3 deficit, eliminated the 2nd team in the East and competed with the 1st.

I am proud.

Old
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Next year we'll see some premium talent like Higgins, Perezhogin or Plekanec coming in as well as our young guns having a bit more experience in the NHL.
I'm glad you included two centers in your list, because there's one I'd like to see go the other way.

Old
04-27-2004, 11:27 PM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
That being said, I DO believe this thread has been created one game too early.
Agreed. We ain't done yet.

Old
04-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
Agreed. We ain't done yet.
Well i just thought with all the negativity, i would throw in some postives to calm people.

Old
04-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Cobra Kai
Sweep The Leg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
Most of you can't see things clear, it's painful.
I dont care about your hate for Theo...but I care about your disrespect to others habs fans who dont share your opinion...

BTW: I am proudly wearing this habs' puma t-shirt with the Koivu name on the back...I wish I have 5 of them

Old
04-27-2004, 11:36 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacré Saku
I dont care about your hate for Theo...but I care about your disrespect to others habs fans who dont share your opinion...

BTW: I am proudly wearing this habs' puma t-shirt with the Koivu name on the back...I wish I have 5 of them
No no, I respect everyone's opinion on everything BUT Theodore. They're just plain brainwashed and they can't see clear. I will never respect the thought some of us (habs fans) have of Theodore.

At least, we agree on that Koivu shirt. I'll buy one tommorow.

Old
04-27-2004, 11:38 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacré Saku

I'm wearing my Ryder one.

Old
04-27-2004, 11:46 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
I'm wearing my Ryder one.
I will likely buy 3-4 shirts. Ryder might be one of them. For now I think of Begin, Koivu, Kovalev and Ryder.

Old
04-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
I will likely buy 3-4 shirts. Ryder might be one of them. For now I think of Begin, Koivu, Kovalev and Ryder.
I looked for Kovalev, but there wasn't one. I actually went to buy a jersey but they cost way too much for me. There was Ribeiro, Zednik, Theodore, Koivu and Ryder from what I saw.. My friend took Koivu, so I took Ryder.

Old
04-27-2004, 11:51 PM
RE-HABS

I'm frustrated...but proud.

We came along way this year and put a lot of critics to shame, and it ain't over til' its over right!

Great improvement this year, the farm is very strong and looks to be developing some players for next year.

Nice to see the emergance of Ryder, Riberio and Komisarek and the pleasant surprise in Begin, Langdon and Souray.

Some of our Junior picks had great seasons in the CHL so that is another bonus.

Good trade for Dowd and Kovalev...lets sign at least Kovalev to go along with the kids coming up to replace some of the players we will not be resigning next year or maybe trading.

Great signing in Danis to address our future goaltending.

CJ has done great, BG has done great.

We have done well and it looks to only get better.

Lets face it, we could be the "Old Timers" the Leafs with only one shot at the Cup and no youth or future to talk about.

We have a future and many more opportunities to take advanatage of, this is a great learning experience for our younger players and our Coach to go along with our core players that will make our team for the future.

I'm proud of everything to say the least.

Old
04-27-2004, 11:51 PM
Cobra Kai
Sweep The Leg

Quote:
I looked for Kovalev, but there wasn't one. I actually went to buy a jersey but they cost way too much for me. There was Ribeiro, Zednik, Theodore, Koivu and Ryder from what I saw.. My friend took Koivu, so I took Ryder.
I saw a Souray and Markov one

Old
04-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Lets face it, we could be the "Old Timers" the Leafs with only one shot at the Cup and no youth or future to talk about.
Or do they even have one? Philly will beat them IMAO

Old
04-28-2004, 12:07 AM
Tuggy

How can you not be proud of what this team accomplished this season. A lot of people expected next to nothing from this team and they proved a lot of people wrong.

There were a lot of tough times this season, no need to get into them again , but this team fought through and battled. The future is very bright and this year has been great experience for this team.

I would love to think that they can fight their way back from 3-0 but my faith took a major shot tonight. But you never know, I will cheer to the bitter end.

Old
04-28-2004, 12:38 AM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
How can you not be proud of what this team accomplished this season. A lot of people expected next to nothing from this team and they proved a lot of people wrong.

There were a lot of tough times this season, no need to get into them again , but this team fought through and battled. The future is very bright and this year has been great experience for this team.

I would love to think that they can fight their way back from 3-0 but my faith took a major shot tonight. But you never know, I will cheer to the bitter end.
For sure, were still alive, but for how long!!!

Old
04-28-2004, 12:57 AM
HFXMooseHabs

Hell yeah, I'm proud of this team!

I wasn't happy with a few critics saying we wouldn't beat Tampa because the Boston series was "Our Stanley Cup" (I think one of the so-called experts on Sportsnet said this). The team's performance tonight shot down that theory. They showed they want more and dammit they deserved more tonight.

Here's to a bright future and the third ever 0-3 come back in NHL history! Cheers!

Old
04-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by =CH=
Here's to a bright future and the third ever 0-3 come back in NHL history! Cheers!
Yes, you can dream

I just hope Ryder scored again next game

Old
04-28-2004, 11:26 AM
Sam I Am

The Habs have showed a lot of unexpected positives this season. We're on the right track. Bravo.

For next season, resign Kovalev and bring up a couple more young'uns.

Old
04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
I just got a Koivu jersey off of ebay! $130 CDN (KOHO Replica though but it still sells on NHL.com for $160 US)

And for ax2+bx+c, it just seems that EVERY single comment you make is about how Theodore sucks. After almost every game, you start a Theodore sucks thread or a put Garon in net poll. I understand you don't like Theo, but for god's sake, there must be other things that you can write about.

Old
04-28-2004, 12:10 PM
Legolas

Being a fan here in "Leafs Nation", it isn't easy being loud and proud all the time about the Habs...usually I just wear my jersey and be content when they play well. Besides I wouldn't want to put a flag on my car like some of these Leaf fans...haha.

This playoffs has made me proud though. It started with the undefeated streak to get to the 7 spot, then the Kovalev trade and the Boston series. It's fun to be a Habs fan again...not that it wasn't always fun but it's a lot less fun when you aren't actually in Montreal! This run has reminded me of '86 and '93 and the parade in '93 in Montreal and all the reasons I love being a native Montrealer and loving the Habs. I'm very proud of where the organization is today, including prospects and management, and I think we're in a good position to build for the next few years, as opposed to previous seasons when the draft picks were beyond horrible and we underachieved like crazy.

Having said that...I ain't giving up yet! There's no way we let Tampa sweep us in the Bell Centre. The fans were amazing last game and they'll be louder on Thursday. One game at a time and anything is possible. I have faith. We're not losing two of three games at home, so I still believe Habs in 7!

Old
04-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas
Being a fan here in "Leafs Nation", it isn't easy being loud and proud all the time about the Habs...usually I just wear my jersey and be content when they play well. Besides I wouldn't want to put a flag on my car like some of these Leaf fans...haha.

This playoffs has made me proud though. It started with the undefeated streak to get to the 7 spot, then the Kovalev trade and the Boston series. It's fun to be a Habs fan again...not that it wasn't always fun but it's a lot less fun when you aren't actually in Montreal! This run has reminded me of '86 and '93 and the parade in '93 in Montreal and all the reasons I love being a native Montrealer and loving the Habs. I'm very proud of where the organization is today, including prospects and management, and I think we're in a good position to build for the next few years, as opposed to previous seasons when the draft picks were beyond horrible and we underachieved like crazy.

Having said that...I ain't giving up yet! There's no way we let Tampa sweep us in the Bell Centre. The fans were amazing last game and they'll be louder on Thursday. One game at a time and anything is possible. I have faith. We're not losing two of three games at home, so I still believe Habs in 7!
Ya we have to win atleast one game at home or in the series. The more we play, the more experience our young guns get!!!

Closed Thread