HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anti Khabibulan feeling.

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2004, 11:35 PM
not quite yoda

vCash: 500
Anti Khabibulan feeling.

I was at the game tonight. Can't go back for games 4 and 6 as I can't afford to: 220$ ticket in the Air Canada club seat section (only tick I could find) ate up my budget.

As great as the crowd was, there were very little anti-khabibulan chants. There was a small group in the zone dejardins that had a "Khabi Bull ****" chant going in the 1st but that was a bout it.

We seemed to do a great job in the BTN series to get under Raycroft's skin. Khabibulan did poorly in the 3rd when he was heavily pressured.

To anyone here going to games 4 or 6: get some Khabi chants going!!! It can't hurt and could be beneficial.

:mad:

Old
04-27-2004, 11:41 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
I was at the game tonight. Can't go back for games 4 and 6 as I can't afford to: 220$ ticket in the Air Canada club seat section (only tick I could find) ate up my budget.

As great as the crowd was, there were very little anti-khabibulan chants. There was a small group in the zone dejardins that had a "Khabi Bull ****" chant going in the 1st but that was a bout it.

We seemed to do a great job in the BTN series to get under Raycroft's skin. Khabibulan did poorly in the 3rd when he was heavily pressured.

To anyone here going to games 4 or 6: get some Khabi chants going!!! It can't hurt and could be beneficial.

:mad:
I don't agree with what you just said. I always thought that making as much noise as possible and cheering for your team is a lot better. It replenishes your team and makes them so much better. Going under a player's skin like that is too much of a double-edged sword. The guy can really get better becaue he knows he's the one to beat and it puts him in his game even more.

Old
04-28-2004, 12:07 AM
not quite yoda

-Raycroft was great in BTN in games 1 and 2. he lost 4 of the 5 once he started hearing the chants.

-We can cheer and bother a goalie at the same time.

-After game 4 vs BTN (I was there), Raycroft was named the 1st star and was the ONLY player to come out afterwards and he made a sign to the fans with his stick. I am 100% sure we got under his skin.

-We booed St. Louis and Lecavalier all night. I feel that helped out team as much as cheering them on did. You could see that it bothered Lecavalier based on how he reacted after his game tying goal... he made a sign to the fans.

-We boo Thornton every time he touches the puck and he has always stunk here.

Old
04-28-2004, 12:26 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
I can see what you want to say but the problem is what do you say ?

It's almost unpronouncablecin a chant ?

haaabyy buullin
habybooliiin

Old
04-28-2004, 12:31 AM
not quite yoda

kaby-bulaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
nickolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai.

Old
04-28-2004, 01:01 AM
HFXMooseHabs

Nothing sucks more than a hard to chant goalie name in the playoffs. I couldn't help but laugh at the few attempts made. I'm surprised the crowd didn't go with the first name. It's easier.

nickolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai!!!

Old
04-28-2004, 09:01 AM
TBLightningFan

Send a message via AIM to TBLightningFan Send a message via MSN to TBLightningFan
I don't think anything will bother him... once he gets his eye twitch goin... he is in his zone.

As one said I think Habby is the type to take the chants as fuel. The chants will just put another brick in the wall.

Closed Thread