HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR/LA and NYR/FL

Old
02-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
NYR/LA and NYR/FL

It's Eklund I know

states Rangers could have 2 deals that could go down at midnight tommorow, one with LA and one with FL

thoughts on who could be involved?. Have heard alot of names for Florida but not LA. Of course Frolov has been on the Rangers radar for a while

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...ngers-/1/26570

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'm sure the Kings are interested in Callahan and Dubinsky.

Last edited by Reaper45: 02-27-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 03:02 PM
slickrick

LA: dont do it...dont go after frolov. beeeeeeggg waste of time. if youre dealing with LA, go for prospects and picks cuz they dont want to move the roster. they be looking for depth, how bout a rozsival?

FLA: pick booth, frolik, or a pick. give up a worthless center.

slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
LA: dont do it...dont go after frolov. beeeeeeggg waste of time. if youre dealing with LA, go for prospects and picks cuz they dont want to move the roster. they be looking for depth, how bout a rozsival?

L.A. wont want anythig to do with Rozsival and his ridiculous salary.

Old
02-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
There's no way that Frolov lands either Dubinsky or Callahan, either.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
I really hope Rozisval is traded so all of hrboards can complain how terrible it was for the other team to pick him up just like when Kotaik got dealt to Calgary

a 5 million cap hit does suck but in actual dollars Rozsival is only 7 million which is fair , thus a team that will not go close to the cap would take him back especially if the Rangers are willing to take a 2-3 million dollar Dman back................

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

The Rangers can keep Dubinsky. Why would any team want him.

Callahan on the other hand.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I really hope Rozisval is traded so all of hrboards can complain how terrible it was for the other team to pick him up just like when Kotaik got dealt to Calgary

a 5 million cap hit does suck but in actual dollars Rozsival is only 7 million which is fair , thus a team that will not go close to the cap would take him back especially if the Rangers are willing to take a 2-3 million dollar Dman back................
That's all fine and dandy but there's no chance that the team to do so wil be L.A. We don't have any bad contracts to send back even if Lombardi was interested in Rozsival.

And I don't think Frolov alone could land Callahan, the deal would have to be expanded. But don't think that Sather wouldn't want him or that Frolov wouldn't re-sign in NY.

Old
02-27-2010, 04:01 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Absolutely no interest in Frolov. Why would you give up on Zherdev after a year and then pursue another player with the same issues? I have to pray that Sather isn't stupid enough to trade Callahan.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Absolutely no interest in Frolov. Why would you give up on Zherdev after a year and then pursue another player with the same issues? I have to pray that Sather isn't stupid enough to trade Callahan.
Wow. I know the Kings games are on late for you guys but he's nothing, nothing, like Zherdev.

Old
02-27-2010, 04:09 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Wow. I know the Kings games are on late for you guys but he's nothing, nothing, like Zherdev.
Is he lazy? Yes. Does he consistently follow his coach's instructions? No.

Am I wrong?

It isn't about their skillset. It's about their attitude. And I was one of the Ranger fans against cutting ties with Zherdev. We need to bring in big-time talent. If Frolov was, he wouldn't be a target to be moved by a team like Los Angeles. If a well-run team is looking to move a guy with Frolov's skills, that doesn't say very much about their opinion of him.

I don't want Frolov for anything, much less Callahan.

I watch plenty of Kings games, by the way. One of my favorite teams in the league. They're one of the 3-4 Western Conference teams I root for, and have been for a while now.

Old
02-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post

What?

02-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Reaper45

Quote:

Am I wrong?

It isn't about their skillset. It's about their attitude. And I was one of the Ranger fans against cutting ties with Zherdev. We need to bring in big-time talent. If Frolov was, he wouldn't be a target to be moved by a team like Los Angeles. If a well-run team is looking to move a guy with Frolov's skills, that doesn't say very much about their opinion of him.

I watch plenty of Kings games, by the way. One of my favorite teams in the league. They're one of the 3-4 Western Conference teams I root for, and have been for a while now.
You can't possibly watch plenty of Kings games if you honestly think that Frolov is lazy and doesn't follow his coaches instructions. Also, he isn't a target to be moved by the Kings. He's simply not signed so he's the most likely to be moved in most fans estimations.

Old
02-27-2010, 04:36 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
You can't possibly watch plenty of Kings games if you honestly think that Frolov is lazy and doesn't follow his coaches instructions. Also, he isn't a target to be moved by the Kings. He's simply not signed so he's the most likely to be moved in most fans estimations.
You're kidding, right? He takes shifts off regularly. Players of his stature who get scratched are usually in the doghouse for not following their coach's instructions.

Quote:
Murray: “I haven’t been happy with Fro’s game for several games. The game the other night is the straw that broke the camel’s back, in my opinion. The turnovers, the careless play… It has to be better, and you have to come out with that high level of intensity, with smart work, hard work, and you’ve got to love the game. You’ve got to love the game in order to be a player. The talent is there, but it always is the work that brings out talent. And I need more.”

Question: Did you talk with him about it?

MURRAY: “Yes, I sure did.’’

Question: Was he receptive to the things you had to say?

MURRAY: (long pause) “There’s nothing coming back. That’s the 10th meeting along those lines, and nothing ever comes back. So, I don’t know.’’

Question: You don’t get any reaction from him?

MURRAY: “There’s no response.’’

Question: Isn’t that kind of troublesome as a coach?

MURRAY: “That’s been going on for seven years.’’
This was just earlier this season. Read that last line there.

And if he isn't on the block, then this conversation doesn't even need to be happening. Then I don't have to worry that the Rangers will trade one of the hardest working, best third liners in the league for a decent second-liner with attitude problems.

Old
02-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Comparing Frolov to Zherdev is asinine. Frolov actually back checks and can play a two-way game. He's one of the most reliable wingers on the Kings. Frolov was benched earlier in the season due to his lack of productivity.

He seems to have "gotten it" and has played just fine ever since. He never pouted or clashed with coaches like Zherdev. Nor is he a selfish player. He'll do anything the coach asks of him and has formed a great pairing with Michal Handzus.

You are way off base with your comments and have no clue whatsoever about Frolov and his happenings with the Kings.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 04:58 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Comparing Frolov to Zherdev is asinine. Frolov actually back checks and can play a two-way game. He's one of the most reliable wingers on the Kings. Frolov was benched earlier in the season due to his lack of productivity.

He seems to have "gotten it" and has played just fine ever since. He never pouted or clashed with coaches like Zherdev. Nor is he a selfish player. He'll do anything the coach asks of him and has formed a great pairing with Michal Handzus.

You are way off base with your comments and have no clue whatsoever about Frolov and his happenings with the Kings.
Zherdev "can" play a two-way game, too. He just chooses not to, as Frolov does occasionally. Zherdev backchecked, too. Sometimes.

The comments that Murray made about Frolov, you don't often hear things like that said. Those are harsh words, and they wouldn't have been said over a slump. Those quotes didn't say anything about scoring, but they spoke of carelessness, lack of effort, and of a refusal to listen. For SEVEN years.

These guys always seem to get it. For a while. Perhaps Frolov's attitude isn't quite as disenchanting as Zherdev's, sure. That doesn't make it ideal.

Old
02-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

There's a grey area between lazyness and whatever you call it.

Frolov's skating style also looks lazy...that's unfortunately also a problem. He's having an off year (pointswise) and of course in typical HFboards fashion he has become worthless. Lets forget his two-way play with 251 points in 299 games after the lock-out.

Lets call him a decent 2nd liner, with negative value..

Does he have much value right now? As UFA with such a season I dont think so. Should we forget what kind of player Alexander Frolov really is ? No, we all quickly forget I think.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:00 PM
kingpest19

Quote:

Am I wrong?

Yes you are wrong. Hes not lazy and he does listen to his coach

Quote:
You're kidding, right? He takes shifts off regularly. Players of his stature who get scratched are usually in the doghouse for not following their coach's instructions.

This was just earlier this season. Read that last line there.

And if he isn't on the block, then this conversation doesn't even need to be happening. Then I don't have to worry that the Rangers will trade one of the hardest working, best third liners in the league for a decent second-liner with attitude problems.
Youre right that was earlier this season. 2 weeks into the season as a matter of fact. Has he been scratched since then? No he hasnt. Has he been praised by the staff since? Yes he has. What happened 5 months agao has nothing, I repeat nothing, to do with his current play.

Who said hes on the block? Lombardi hasnt said it, Murray hasnt said it. No one involved with the team has said hes on the block. In fact the opposite is true.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Ollie Weeks

There's a reason why Frolov's scoring is down this season, and it isn't that he doesn't care. He's been given a role, and has been doing it excellently, without complaint.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:07 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Yes you are wrong. Hes not lazy and he does listen to his coach
Players who visibly take shifts off are lazy in my opinion.

Quote:
Youre right that was earlier this season. 2 weeks into the season as a matter of fact. Has he been scratched since then? No he hasnt. Has he been praised by the staff since? Yes he has. What happened 5 months agao has nothing, I repeat nothing, to do with his current play.
Terrific. There are also players in the league who don't get scratched, and don't get called out by their coaches through the media. I'd prefer it the Rangers, who have a long way to go before they are anywhere near contending, made it a priority to pursue those players. Not trading away players who fit that description that are already on the roster should be another priority.

Quote:
Who said hes on the block? Lombardi hasnt said it, Murray hasnt said it. No one involved with the team has said hes on the block. In fact the opposite is true.
Someone brought his name up, and then someone brought up Callahan's name. I wanted to chime in for the somewhat rational segment of Ranger fans who no doubt find such a suggestion as disturbing as I do.

Old
02-27-2010, 05:09 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Zherdev "can" play a two-way game, too. He just chooses not to, as Frolov does occasionally. Zherdev backchecked, too. Sometimes.

The comments that Murray made about Frolov, you don't often hear things like that said. Those are harsh words, and they wouldn't have been said over a slump. Those quotes didn't say anything about scoring, but they spoke of carelessness, lack of effort, and of a refusal to listen. For SEVEN years.

These guys always seem to get it. For a while. Perhaps Frolov's attitude isn't quite as disenchanting as Zherdev's, sure. That doesn't make it ideal.
Funny how a coach 10 games into his 2nd season knows exactly what has happened during the seasons he wasnt there. Also kind of funny hes been a healthy scratch once in his career. Players who play with his supposed lack of heart and carelesness tend to be scratched more than once in their career.

Old
02-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Reaper45

Imagine you're a coach and you tell Zherdev, we're moving you to the 3rd line to help shut down the opposing teams top line because of your great defense. Would he do it without complaint? Is his defense good enough to be able to do so like Frolov has? Is he the type of player to be willing to sacrifice his personal stats for the good of the team like Frolov has? No and because he wouldn't you cannot compare the two players.

Old
02-27-2010, 05:14 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Funny how a coach 10 games into his 2nd season knows exactly what has happened during the seasons he wasnt there. Also kind of funny hes been a healthy scratch once in his career. Players who play with his supposed lack of heart and carelesness tend to be scratched more than once in their career.
Yes, it is difficult to imagine the general manager of the team, who has been with the Kings longer than the coach has, to discuss the history of the team's players with the coach that he hired.

I never said that he always plays without heart. I never said that he's a bad player, either. All I said is that I don't want the Rangers to acquire him, especially at the cost of giving up Callahan. Frolov sometimes players without heart. I don't need the coach to tell me that, I see it for myself. He doesn't always play hard. I don't like having players like that on my team, I've see far too many of them as it is.

Quote:
Imagine you're a coach and you tell Zherdev, we're moving you to the 3rd line to help shut down the opposing teams top line because of your great defense. Would he do it without complaint? Is his defense good enough to be able to do so like Frolov has? Is he the type of player to be willing to sacrifice his personal stats for the good of the team like Frolov has? No and because he wouldn't you cannot compare the two players.
Is his defense good enough? Yes. Would he without complaint? Probably not.

But I can compare the two players because both of them don't play hard all of the time. One more often than the other, perhaps.

Old
02-27-2010, 05:15 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Players who visibly take shifts off are lazy in my opinion.

Terrific. There are also players in the league who don't get scratched, and don't get called out by their coaches through the media. I'd prefer it the Rangers, who have a long way to go before they are anywhere near contending, made it a priority to pursue those players. Not trading away players who fit that description that are already on the roster should be another priority.

Someone brought his name up, and then someone brought up Callahan's name. I wanted to chime in for the somewhat rational segment of Ranger fans who no doubt find such a suggestion as disturbing as I do.
He visibly takes shifts off? Every player in the league does.

Youre letting one healthy scratch in his entire career be the deciding factor. Fact is hes been praised several times since then. Several nights hes been the Kings best forward. But something that happened 5 months ago is the rule and not the exception.

Rangers fans brought up Frolovs name. 3 of the first 5 posts were Rangers fans bringing his name into. If he was on the block he would have already been gone if hes played as bad you seem to think he has.

Old
02-27-2010, 05:18 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Yes, it is difficult to imagine the general manager of the team, who has been with the Kings longer than the coach has, to discuss the history of the team's players with the coach that he hired.

I never said that he always plays without heart. I never said that he's a bad player, either. All I said is that I don't want the Rangers to acquire him, especially at the cost of giving up Callahan. Frolov sometimes players without heart. I don't need the coach to tell me that, I see it for myself. He doesn't always play hard. I don't like having players like that on my team, I've see far too many of them as it is.

Is his defense good enough? Yes. Would he without complaint? Probably not.

But I can compare the two players because both of them don't play hard all of the time. One more often than the other, perhaps.
Fact is hes been scratched once, in his career. If hes played without heart and not giving a **** as much as you seem to think he has, why only ONE, healthy scratch in his career? You, like so many others are basing his play off of one night in his career and ignoring everything else.