HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Teams financial situation

Old
02-28-2010, 02:06 AM
PasiK

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to PasiK
Teams financial situation

Again this season we have some teams struggling with finances

Sum between () must mean negative!

here is for example Calgary´s situation atm:

Current Funds($4,903,706)Projected Bank Account($2,570,545)

Good is that projected bank account is towards 0$

CBJ instead has too high payroll and team is going way under $0 level:

Current Funds$4,745,598Projected Bank Account($845,913)

Senators as well should decrease payroll

Current Funds($671,870)Projected Bank Account($2,772,468)

My team (Sharks) also has problems, I did a trade which will increase team payroll about 2.3mil, so situation might be force, but trade also would make team stronger and chances to be in playoffs would be better.

Current Funds$188,792Projected Bank Account$66,144

Another question is why current funds decrease? I remember i received 1mil in one trade, but now funds are $188,792 .. These were discussed last year, but i dont remember a thing

PasiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Ohio Jones
Game on...

As to why current funds go down in the short term, maybe you had a stretch of road games -- you pay salary out, but bring in no revenues.

Anyway, it is certainly interesting to observe this because Columbus:

a) moved a bunch of salary recently, and is not at the cap

b) is not quite selling out our arena, but is close, so it is not like we are leaving a lot of money at the door

c) is one of the winningest teams in the league

... which simply proves that the sim is not set up to allow teams to spend to (or even close to) the cap. It looks like the most a team can spend and break even is around $48 million. Good to know, considering what my cap situation looks like for next year...

In any event we are still in the + with endorsement money, and at this point the playoffs look like a good bet (do not want to jinx ourselves!), so I think I am still doing my job as an active GM in stewarding my club. Next year... well, we will jump off that bridge when we get there.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Canuck09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
... which simply proves that the sim is not set up to allow teams to spend to (or even close to) the cap. It looks like the most a team can spend and break even is around $48 million. Good to know, considering what my cap situation looks like for next year...
This part sucks. Very few teams can remain competitive while keeping payroll below that amount to turn a profit. If attendance is strong throughout the year nearly every team should have a shot at breaking even at the very least, not losing $10M or so a year. I hope this is something that can be looked at once we have a year of STHS under our belts.

Canuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote