HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

blister prevention: small gel pad?

Old
08-31-2012, 07:27 AM
rh71

vCash: 500
blister prevention: small gel pad?

About 10 years ago I was able to find a 2-pack of these small half-dollar sized (circular) clear gel pads from a hockeystore like epuck (can't remember). They've worn and torn now so I need new ones but I can't find them anymore. Anyone have any idea where to get them, or if there's a better solution these days?

I have had my new skates for over 25 games now but I'm still getting chafing on the inside of my left foot right beneath the ankle bone. It would heal after a few days but by the 2nd period of the next game I can feel it chafing with every stride. I'm wearing thin wigwam triathelete socks which are supposed to help with blisters too but it's still happening. Is it from having too big a boot and my feet are moving around in there?

Those gel pads worked the best for me and I need to find them again.

rh71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 09:12 AM
AIREAYE

Elite makes larger oval pads in a 4-pack : http://stripessavesgoals.blogspot.ca...-gel-pads.html

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 02:42 PM
Danikjan

as placebo as it might sound, but when I wear dress socks, or the regular crew socks, i'm more prone to chafing and blisters. I started using the Under Armor hockey socks, and i dont have any more problems. Also, as trivial as it may sound, when you put on socks, check for wrinkles, and loose sections because they might become pressure points.

Danikjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 07:16 PM
rh71

thanks don't know why I didn't just search for "gel pad" - they're everywhere. These look like they stick inside the skates... the ones I had before are just pads that don't have adhesive and I put them in my sock touching my skin and moved with my foot... I hope these work just as well.

rh71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 07:44 PM
AIREAYE

Yup, if you have sharp enough tools, you can trip that oval into whatever you need; and they are indeed adhesive.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

I'm somewhat of an expert on skate blisters and have tried everything you can imagine over the years.

My blisters stopped when I started using a combination of skating socks (thinner the better) and runner's Bodyglide.

The Bodyglide is better than gels and you simply rub it on your feet like deodorant.

http://running.about.com/od/injurypr.../bodyglide.htm

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote