HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Ray Emery out for season, (posts #158 and 159) bone graft

Old
03-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Rey

vCash: 500
Schneider will be the backup goalie for Luongo next year, and his value will only rise. (Look at Mike Smith)

Schneider is a star waiting to happen. He would have been traded a long time ago, if he is only worth a 3rd or a 4th.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 03-04-2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Keep the commentary civil.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Rey

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
i think schneider may have fallen into the flyers price range. his compensation is only a 3rd rounder and i dont think it would take much in addition to that (nodl?) to get them to part with him. for all his highly toted status he hasnt been able to crack a stable spot on the roster.

and boosh is signed for next year. he strikes me as a better veteran reliable backup/mentor for a young goalie then leights or emery.

Schneider hasn't been able to make the NHL because the Canucks believe that his development would be much better spent playing in the AHL. Plus, he does have a higher price than any average backup goalie and the Canucks are tight on cap space this year. It has nothing to do with Schneider's skill. If it were any other team, he'd be in the NHL.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 03-04-2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: No personal attacks.
Old
03-04-2010, 08:07 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Schneider will be the backup goalie for Luongo next year, and his value will only rise. (Look at Mike Smith)

Schneider is a star waiting to happen. He would have been traded a long time ago, if he is only worth a 3rd or a 4th.
So Luongo is going to sit out 18 games next year so Schneider can up his trade value?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Rey

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
So Luongo is going to sit out 18 games next year so Schneider can up his trade value?
You do know that Raycroft already has 15 games this year and Schneider has 2. It may not necessary be starts, but anything is good.

Anyways, Gillis just said that having Schneider is backup is the plan for next year.

Old
03-04-2010, 10:22 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
You do know that Raycroft already has 15 games this year and Schneider has 2. It may not necessary be starts, but anything is good.

Anyways, Gillis just said that having Schneider is backup is the plan for next year.
Raycroft has played 15, and how many did he actually start?

Schneider has to get to 28 games or he'll be a Group V UFA unless he signs more than a 1-year contract. And he'd be crazy to accept any more. I feel confident that he'll be getting a lot of offer sheets thrown his way.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 07:46 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Raycroft has played 15, and how many did he actually start?
I went through Raycroft's game log and he started 10 of those games (keeping in mind that Luongo was hurt for a stretch,.otherwise that number probably would be closer to 5).

The fact that Gillis is saying that Schneider will be Luongo's backup next season is irrelevant. GMs often say one thing and do the exact opposite. Didn't Andy Reid say last year that the Eagles had zero interest in Michael Vick? Remind me who Vick played for last season.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 08:56 AM
EasyMac

Quote:
Schneider has to get to 28 games or he'll be a Group V UFA unless he signs more than a 1-year contract. And he'd be crazy to accept any more.
I think this is a key point as to way the Canucks will move him in the offseason.

I don't think his value is low enough that he would get moved for a 3rd and 4th though. I would put it more at the level of good prospect/young player (but not a blue-chipper like JVR/Giroux obviously).

Now the problem is the Flyers are lacking in the "good" prospects. I doubt a Matsumoto/Nodl/Bourdon type is good enough to get it done. Possibly Parent would work (given the Canucks need of dman) although like most I would like to see the Flyers hang onto him. I guess it will depend on the play of Krajicek for the rest of the season. If he remains strong, I can see Krajicek being kept for next year and Parent would be more expendable.

EasyMac is offline   Reply With Quote