HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Grade Team USA's roster

Old
03-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

vCash: 500
Grade Team USA's roster

Amongst those that played:

Goaltenders
* Tim Thomas, 35 (Boston Bruins)
* Ryan Miller, 29 (Buffalo Sabres)
Defense
* Brian Rafalski, 36 (Detroit Red Wings)
* Ryan Suter, 25 (Nashville Predators)
* Erik Johnson, 21 (St. Louis Blues)
* Brooks Orpik, 29 (Pittsburgh Pittsburgh)
* Jack Johnson, 23 (Los Angeles Kings)
* Ryan Whitney, 26 (Anaheim Ducks)
* Tim Gleason, 27 (Carolina Hurricanes)
Forwards
* Zach Parise, 25 (New Jersey Devils)
* Chris Drury, 32 (New York Rangers)
* Dustin Brown, 25 (Los Angeles Kings)
* Jamie Langenbrunner, 34 (New Jersey Devils)
* Paul Stastny, 24 (Colorado Avalanche)
* David Backes, 25 (St. Louis Blues)
* Patrick Kane, 21 (Chicago Blackhawks)
* Phil Kessel, 22 (Toronto Maple Leafs)
* Ryan Kesler, 25 (Vancouver Canucks)
* Bobby Ryan, 22 (Anaheim Ducks)
* Joe Pavelski, 25 (San Jose Sharks)
* Ryan Malone, 31 (Tampa Bay Lightning)
* Ryan Callahan, 24 (New York Rangers)

Go!

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Trollmark*

i give them a B
not quite an A, but not a C

Trollmark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 05:00 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

I would actually give many of the players an A with the exception of the couple 'no-shows'. They went out there and put it all on the ice. Everyone played the role that needed to be played. The road-block they hit was a much more talented and elite Canadian team.

If you asked me before the tourney if USA would take Canada to OT in the final, I would have thought that to be wishful thinking, especially due to the other top-end teams in this tourney.

They sure made all their fans proud. Prior to the start, most thought they wouldn't medal. Now we all feel like we were punched in the gut from not winning gold. You figure out the grade for a team that accomplishes that

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 05:02 PM
dystemper

erik johnson was the americans' drew doughty.

plagued by injuries to start his career, you can easily see his emergence in the tournament. he is going to develop into an amazing player if he can stay healthy. at 21 years old, playing in big pressure situations, he was a rock on the backend.

kessel was easily the biggest disappointment. loyal leafers will probably disagree, but there were too many times where i saw this guy dodge contact rather than fight for the puck. there was a glaring moment in the first period in the gold medal game where he just pinwheel'd away from the puck because he was about to get checked, and the puck is allowed to slip by free. the kid has shown absolutely no heart or determination and is too easily shutdown once there is any pressure on him.

nothing can be said about ryan miller more than it already had been. he deserved a gold medal.

dystemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
I would give them an A. They past expectations.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Crusty Quinn

Goaltending: A+
Defence: B
Offence: B+
Team Play: A+
Overall: A- (Not an average)

Crusty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 05:16 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
Amongst those that played:

Goaltenders
* Tim Thomas, 35 (Boston Bruins)- incomplete, didnt play enough
* Ryan Miller, 29 (Buffalo Sabres)- A+, was the real deal, guy was awesome
Defense
* Brian Rafalski, 36 (Detroit Red Wings) A, amazed at how strong he was overall on both ends
* Ryan Suter, 25 (Nashville Predators)- A, guy didnt make a mistake that I can recall, and put up points as well.
* Erik Johnson, 21 (St. Louis Blues) -B+, played with size and skill, kid looked like a vet at times
* Brooks Orpik, 29 (Pittsburgh Pittsburgh)- B, played his game perfectly, used his size every chance he could
* Jack Johnson, 23 (Los Angeles Kings) B, made some mistakes early on, but the kid got better every game, played with tons of grit as well
* Ryan Whitney, 26 (Anaheim Ducks)-F, I hate to say that, but he was awful..damn you drug testing, Keith Yandle should have played instead!
* Tim Gleason, 27 (Carolina Hurricanes) B-, looked lost the first few games, but got stronger as the tourney went on..didnt throw his body around enough at times imo.
Forwards
* Zach Parise, 25 (New Jersey Devils) A+, slow start, but man this kid is a star
* Chris Drury, 32 (New York Rangers) B+, would be an A, but I just cant do it!!, was a revelation on the pk, and just an overall great fit
* Dustin Brown, 25 (Los Angeles Kings) C+, I expected more from Dustin, didnt throw his body around until later, and had little offense, though he did have some real sick moves and excellent back checking
* Jamie Langenbrunner, 34 (New Jersey Devils) B+ pure leader, did everything right..walked away completely impressed with his game
* Paul Stastny, 24 (Colorado Avalanche) C-, was almost invisible at times, not a good showing, Tim Connolly might have looked better
* David Backes, 25 (St. Louis Blues) B, I thought he would be a force the whole tourney, but he did hit a ton, but the goals stopped after the first few games
* Patrick Kane, 21 (Chicago Blackhawks) A, didnt have it early on, but when this kid is on, very few can control the offensive zone like him, plus his two huge backchecks in the Canada game might have saved 2 goals.
* Phil Kessel, 22 (Toronto Maple Leafs) C+, more was expected from Phil, used his speed and skill, but missed the net a lot.
* Ryan Kesler, 25 (Vancouver Canucks) A+, seriously, how can you not give him this grade. WARRIOR, this kid is USA Hockey, and yeah, he hates Canadians!!
* Bobby Ryan, 22 (Anaheim Ducks) B+, but should be an A if he was played more. Not sure what Wilson was thinking with his lack of playing time, but the kid has elite sills
* Joe Pavelski, 25 (San Jose Sharks) B, huge faceoff win and even bigger keep in on the tying goal from the US. did everything right, but didnt score much
* Ryan Malone, 31 (Tampa Bay Lightning) B, he brought his toughness and crease presence, and scored dirty goals. got lost on Canadas goal, but overall was solid
* Ryan Callahan, 24 (New York Rangers) B+, like Drury, this kid was lights out on the pk. all heart, and his motor doesnt stop. I hope he evolves more offensively, but the kid left nothing on the ice.

Go!
thats my list.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 05:17 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
I would give them an A. They past expectations.
wow, thanks. we passed expectations, so then we should get an AA+++ if possible...since many thought snot of this team.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote