HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators vs. Oilers || March 2, 2010

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2010, 01:46 PM
  #1
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan
 
quoth the Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
Predators vs. Oilers || March 2, 2010

I don't know how to do all the fancy stats and whatnot but it's nearly 2pm and no GDT?? If a mod would edit this with the statistics that would be awesome, but I thought we were in dire need of a thread for a game that starts in 5 hours. Support the boys tonight!

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:56 PM
  #2
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Country: Hungary
Posts: 1,036
vCash: 500
I'm excited as hellz!

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:14 PM
  #3
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
After that watered-down Olympic hockey that split Shea and Ryan off to different teams, I'm glad we get back to the high end hockey where they play on the same pairing.

LETS go PREDators!

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:18 PM
  #4
Up7Yours
Registered User
 
Up7Yours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,184
vCash: 50
Anyone know who is the starting goalie for Nashville?

Up7Yours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:21 PM
  #5
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up7Yours View Post
Anyone know who is the starting goalie for Nashville?
Rinne

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:48 PM
  #6
Jonesey
KCCO
 
Jonesey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 7,854
vCash: 500
I would have done a gdt but we have no internet at work.. either way, glad to finally see some preds hockey in person!

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:55 PM
  #7
Liquidfire3240
Registered User
 
Liquidfire3240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Someone take good pictures of the new Bridgestone ice for me please.
That is, if its changed at all from last game.
Thanks in advance!

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:11 PM
  #8
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3240 View Post
Someone take good pictures of the new Bridgestone ice for me please.
That is, if its changed at all from last game.
Thanks in advance!
Yes, the ice has been repainted and the re-branding is well underway...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:14 PM
  #9
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Lineup from practice this morning was:

Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont
Smithson - Legwand - Ward
Erat - Goc - Hornqvist
Wilson - O'Reilly - Tootoo

Suter - Weber
Hamhuis - Klein
Grebeshkov - Bouillon

Rinne
Ellis

If Grebeshkov cannot play due to immigration issues, Trotz has indicated that Franson will be slotted into the lineup...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:23 PM
  #10
Preds Partisan
Nothing
 
Preds Partisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Lineup from practice this morning was:

Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont
Smithson - Legwand - Ward
Erat - Goc - Hornqvist
Wilson - O'Reilly - Tootoo

Suter - Weber
Hamhuis - Klein
Grebeshkov - Bouillon

Rinne
Ellis

If Grebeshkov cannot play due to immigration issues, Trotz has indicated that Franson will be slotted into the lineup
...

Cleared and ready to go per Glennon w/Tennrag.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:36 PM
  #11
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Cleared and ready to go per Glennon w/Tennrag.
Awesome! Had to run out for the past 90 minutes to run some errands and just got back. Hadn't seen that yet...thanks!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:37 PM
  #12
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,681
vCash: 50
2 and 1/2 hours to go!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:01 PM
  #13
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Lineup from practice this morning was:

Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont
Smithson - Legwand - Ward
Erat - Goc - Hornqvist
Wilson - O'Reilly - Tootoo

Suter - Weber
Hamhuis - Klein
Grebeshkov - Bouillon

Rinne
Ellis

If Grebeshkov cannot play due to immigration issues, Trotz has indicated that Franson will be slotted into the lineup...
That lineup's ok. All year I've been hoping for lightning to strike and a new piece appear, to go with Leggy. I grind my teeth when I see Smithson there. But, they've done ok together I guess, and who else do we have. I was expecting Wilson, but it doesn't surprise me to see who he's skating with. Maybe Wilson, O'Reilly and Toots may score a garbage goal in garbage minutes.

At least the older guys on the top line should be healthy and ready to go, and I think Goc, Hornqvist, Erat looks promising. I guess one non-scoring, ahem "shut down" line will be good to have.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:09 PM
  #14
Milly79
Registered User
 
Milly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbia, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Bury Wilson on the 4th line, yeah that works. Boycotting Trotz could be pretty imminent here.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:10 PM
  #15
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
That lineup's ok. All year I've been hoping for lightning to strike and a new piece appear, to go with Leggy. I grind my teeth when I see Smithson there. But, they've done ok together I guess, and who else do we have. I was expecting Wilson, but it doesn't surprise me to see who he's skating with. Maybe Wilson, O'Reilly and Toots may score a garbage goal in garbage minutes.
With the way that Wilson and O'Reilly were racking up the points in Milwaukee throughout December and January, I'm really looking forward to them playing together and think they have a good chance of clicking again at the NHL level with Tootoo being a shooter, banger, and crasher on that line to open up some space...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:12 PM
  #16
Milly79
Registered User
 
Milly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbia, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
With the way that Wilson and O'Reilly were racking up the points in Milwaukee throughout December and January, I'm really looking forward to them playing together and think they have a good chance of clicking again at the NHL level with Tootoo being a shooter, banger, and crasher on that line to open up some space...
On the 4th line that gets 5-7 mins a game? I doubt it, IMO. It's terrible to see how they develop offensive rookies in Nashville, it really is. Wilson should be on line 2, AT LEAST.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:16 PM
  #17
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly79 View Post
On the 4th line that gets 5-7 mins a game? I doubt it, IMO. It's terrible to see how they develop offensive rookies in Nashville, it really is. Wilson should be on line 2, AT LEAST.
O'Reilly and Wilson will each get time on the power play that will bring their ice time up to around 10-11 minutes. Wilson also has the chance to move higher up the lineup later in the game if Trotz wants to see more offense out of the Legwand line.

This lineup allows us to roll four lines. That will be crucial down the stretch to keep everyone fresh and provides us with a huge advantage over a lot of the teams we will be facing.

Sorry if you don't see it that way, but this is the best lineup possible out of what we have presently...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:25 PM
  #18
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
O'Reilly and Wilson will each get time on the power play that will bring their ice time up to around 10-11 minutes. Wilson also has the chance to move higher up the lineup later in the game if Trotz wants to see more offense out of the Legwand line.

This lineup allows us to roll four lines. That will be crucial down the stretch to keep everyone fresh and provides us with a huge advantage over a lot of the teams we will be facing.

Sorry if you don't see it that way, but this is the best lineup possible out of what we have presently...
Disagree. Wilson sees 6 mins of ice time max.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:26 PM
  #19
Milly79
Registered User
 
Milly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbia, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
^ agreed.

I totally disagree with you, but instead of posting why I think so, I'll leave it at that.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:39 PM
  #20
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Disagree. Wilson sees 6 mins of ice time max.
We need a little wager...

I'm going with Slake that Wilson sees some pp time (assuming more then a couple are called) and if we are behind he moves up to play with Legwand. He was getting minutes before, and see no reason he won't again. Except he played three games in four nights, thurday through Sunday. Don't know if that will make any difference. But I'll say he gets at least 12 minutes. Didn't an O'Reilly goal from Wilson come on the PP? Honestly we've been wanting our fourth line to be more than grinders, and with this lineup it has toughness but also some speed and some skill.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:43 PM
  #21
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
We need a little wager...

I'm going with Slake that Wilson sees some pp time (assuming more then a couple are called) and if we are behind he moves up to play with Legwand. He was getting minutes before, and see no reason he won't again. Except he played three games in four nights, thurday through Sunday. Don't know if that will make any difference. But I'll say he gets at least 12 minutes. Didn't an O'Reilly goal from Wilson come on the PP? Honestly we've been wanting our fourth line to be more than grinders, and with this lineup it has toughness but also some speed and some skill.
Warning, I have been right twice in a row about wilson's time on ice.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
  #22
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
We need a little wager...

I'm going with Slake that Wilson sees some pp time (assuming more then a couple are called) and if we are behind he moves up to play with Legwand. He was getting minutes before, and see no reason he won't again. Except he played three games in four nights, thurday through Sunday. Don't know if that will make any difference. But I'll say he gets at least 12 minutes. Didn't an O'Reilly goal from Wilson come on the PP? Honestly we've been wanting our fourth line to be more than grinders, and with this lineup it has toughness but also some speed and some skill.
Yes, both O'Reilly and Wilson were 2/3rds of PP2 during the last two games leading up to the break...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:46 PM
  #23
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Warning, I have been right twice in a row about wilson's time on ice.
You're not factoring in the Trotz crush on Tootoo and how he likes him to play when healthy. That alone puts Wilson on the ice without even considering other things.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 05:38 PM
  #24
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,007
vCash: 500
Who are the scratches tonight? Franson and Belak?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 05:48 PM
  #25
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 500
Honestly who cares how much ice time Wilson gets as long as we get the win? We are in 8th place in the WC and have 20ish games left. Play to win. Wilson is 20 years old. If he only gets 8 minutes of ice time between now and the end of the year but plays well his development is not being ruined.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.