HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Deal for Drury and a goaltender

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2004, 09:31 PM
CuSa_1

vCash: 500
Deal for Drury and a goaltender

Why not use Tkachuk, Demitra, Weight, and/or Ozzy to try and get Drury and Ryan Miller out of Buffalo. Is there any angle that we could work this deal?

Old
04-27-2004, 09:42 PM
degroat*

I don't think there's any chance you'll get Miller out of Buffalo. You could get Norronen or Biron, but if you ask their fans they think they'd be able to get a 1st round pick for either one. Personally, there's no way I would do that when Hedberg, Kiprusoff, and Cechmanek all were traded for a 2nd round pick last year.

Old
04-27-2004, 10:11 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Beyond that, a team like Buffalo that is notorious for not wishing to spend money on players, and instead sends them packing for prospects and picks is not going to want any of our big name players.

Old
04-28-2004, 02:31 AM
Felix

Send a message via ICQ to Felix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stich
I don't think there's any chance you'll get Miller out of Buffalo. You could get Norronen or Biron, but if you ask their fans they think they'd be able to get a 1st round pick for either one. Personally, there's no way I would do that when Hedberg, Kiprusoff, and Cechmanek all were traded for a 2nd round pick last year.
Agree. I do not thinl that Biron and Noronen are worth 1 round pick.
Biron had his ups and downs and has not proved yet to be capable of being solid #1 G. I'd give 2 round pich and a mid level prospect for him. Noronen, in my opinion, is not worth more then a 3 round pick (maybe + mid level prospect).

As I said in other thread, the trade Demitra for Satan (Drury) + Noronen makes sense for both teams.

Old
04-28-2004, 07:30 AM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox
Beyond that, a team like Buffalo that is notorious for not wishing to spend money on players, and instead sends them packing for prospects and picks is not going to want any of our big name players.
They've got a new owner now, so it's not inconceivable to think that they'd be interested in a high salary player.

Old
04-28-2004, 10:52 AM
CuSa_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix
Agree. I do not thinl that Biron and Noronen are worth 1 round pick.
Biron had his ups and downs and has not proved yet to be capable of being solid #1 G. I'd give 2 round pich and a mid level prospect for him. Noronen, in my opinion, is not worth more then a 3 round pick (maybe + mid level prospect).

As I said in other thread, the trade Demitra for Satan (Drury) + Noronen makes sense for both teams.

What about Demitra, a middle pick, and/or a middle prospect for Drury and Noronen?

Old
04-28-2004, 11:56 AM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix
I could see Buffalo going for a trade of this nature for sure. They're most likely going to have to expose one of their goalies to waivers at the waiver draft (at least I think so) so they'll probably be happy to get something of value in return. I think the trade would be more likely with Drury comming back rather than Satan simply because they have a very capable and affordable 1/2 center in Briere and would have no need for Demitra if they were to hold on to Drury as well.

Old
04-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit
I could see Buffalo going for a trade of this nature for sure. They're most likely going to have to expose one of their goalies to waivers at the waiver draft (at least I think so) so they'll probably be happy to get something of value in return. I think the trade would be more likely with Drury comming back rather than Satan simply because they have a very capable and affordable 1/2 center in Briere and would have no need for Demitra if they were to hold on to Drury as well.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that Miller doesn't have to be protected, because he hasn't been a pro long enough. So, the Sabres should be able to protect Noronen and Biron, and still keep Miller. They don't have to make a trade.

Old
04-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Satan81

Buffalo's biggest problem is goaltending and defense. IMO, these two areas need to be adresssed before we trade for Demitra. If a deal involving Satan or Drury were to happen, I would think a defenseman would need to be coming the other way.

Old
04-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan81
Buffalo's biggest problem is goaltending and defense. IMO, these two areas need to be adresssed before we trade for Demitra. If a deal involving Satan or Drury were to happen, I would think a defenseman would need to be coming the other way.
OK, how about something like this:

Weight and 2.5 mil and Salvador for Biron and Drury

I would think that Salvadors value is about that of a 2nd round. He would give you a top 4 D man and Weight would give you a number 1 center w/ grit.

I do have one question to the Blues fans here: If Buffalo's problem is 'tending (which most fans seem to feel - Biron = inconsistent) why would the Blues want to try to fix their goal tending w/ someone who is young, MAKING 2.2 Million per season, and inconsistent?

Cheaper by .8 mill doesn't mean better.

Last edited by Frenzy1: 04-28-2004 at 12:39 PM.
Closed Thread