HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Sochi 2014 Roster Predictions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2010, 12:16 AM
  #76
shakermaker
Registered User
 
shakermaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
P.S. We want Tyler Myers back.

Bold denotes NJ representing.
Then no Paul Stastny for you!

lol


Ok here's my go

E.Staal Crosby Heatley
J.Carter Stamkos Duchene
Nash Toews Richards
Perry Getzlaf J. Staal

Cody Hodgson


Doughty Myers
Weber Bouwmeester
Phaneuf Keith

L.Schenn


Luongo
MA Fleury

Chris Mason

shakermaker is offline  
Old
03-03-2010, 12:19 AM
  #77
GoSensGo765
BELIEVE!
 
GoSensGo765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,707
vCash: 500
It will be a very young team with alot of firepower, that is guaranteed.

GoSensGo765 is offline  
Old
03-03-2010, 01:38 AM
  #78
Connor McSaviour
97
 
Connor McSaviour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,290
vCash: 50
You guys think Sam Gagner will be good enough to crack the team in 4 years?

Connor McSaviour is offline  
Old
03-03-2010, 01:44 AM
  #79
Hermit Wizard Eater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
You guys think Sam Gagner will be good enough to crack the team in 4 years?
Yeah for sure, in fact he should have been on this year's team.

Hermit Wizard Eater is offline  
Old
03-03-2010, 09:55 AM
  #80
NA Scouting
Registered User
 
NA Scouting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Rick Nash - Sidney Crosby - John Tavares
Steven Stamkos - Jonathan Toews - Dany Heatley
Taylor Hall - X - Corey Perry
Evander Kane - Jordan Staal - Wayne Simmonds

3rd line center and spare = your picks of R.Getzlaf, J.Thornton, E.Staal, M.Richards, M.Duchene

Dion Phaneuf - Drew Doughty
Marc Staal - Tyler Myers
Mike Green - Shea Weber
*Luke Schenn

Roberto Luongo
Marc-Andre Fleury
Mason/Ward/Price

NA Scouting is offline  
Old
03-03-2010, 10:17 AM
  #81
Grabovski
Skittles
 
Grabovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,010
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Wizard Eater View Post
Yeah for sure, in fact he should have been on this year's team.
We would have no use for Sam Gagner this year, he is definatley not above Carter, Stamkos, St.Louis, Lecavalier, or even Brad Richards.

Grabovski is offline  
Old
03-03-2010, 02:43 PM
  #82
anthockey77
Registered User
 
anthockey77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
damn, no love for claude giroux?

anthockey77 is offline  
Old
03-03-2010, 02:48 PM
  #83
masterofallxix
Registered User
 
masterofallxix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Diego/ San Jose
Posts: 284
vCash: 500
I think its kinda funny how most people keep putting the keith-seabrook and getzlaf-perry combos in their predictions for the canada team 4 years from now. seabrook and perry are both good players but I'm sure if they didn't have that chemistry with Keith and Getzlaf, respectively, they wouldn't make team canada. anyways, four years from now good chance that these combos will be separated...no defensive pairing / linemate pair ever lasts 6 years! (or maybe very rarely) lol. I'd put getzlaf and keith on the teams for sure, but might wanna think twice about seabrook and perry and instead look for someone else.

i.e. this year, if getzlaf and perry / keith seabrook didn't play for the same clubs, i'd probably pick stamkos/st louis or green/bouwmeester instead of perry and seabrook.

masterofallxix is offline  
Old
03-04-2010, 11:00 AM
  #84
Tom Brady
TOM TERRIFIC
 
Tom Brady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 14,528
vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthockey77 View Post
damn, no love for claude giroux?
You must be a flyer fan than

Tom Brady is offline  
Old
03-04-2010, 11:10 AM
  #85
Ironslave
Registered User
 
Ironslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofallxix View Post
I think its kinda funny how most people keep putting the keith-seabrook and getzlaf-perry combos in their predictions for the canada team 4 years from now. seabrook and perry are both good players but I'm sure if they didn't have that chemistry with Keith and Getzlaf, respectively, they wouldn't make team canada. anyways, four years from now good chance that these combos will be separated...no defensive pairing / linemate pair ever lasts 6 years! (or maybe very rarely) lol. I'd put getzlaf and keith on the teams for sure, but might wanna think twice about seabrook and perry and instead look for someone else.

i.e. this year, if getzlaf and perry / keith seabrook didn't play for the same clubs, i'd probably pick stamkos/st louis or green/bouwmeester instead of perry and seabrook.
I know what you're saying, but after a slow start Corey Perry was a big part of Canada's win. I would agree though, not sure if he's the best option for big ice.

Ironslave is offline  
Old
03-04-2010, 01:35 PM
  #86
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 43,461
vCash: 500
For USA, I wouldn't count out an older vet like Ryan Malone, Paul Martin, or Tim Connolly, similar to how Langenbrunner and Rafalski were on this year's team. Hell, Brooks Orpik at 33 should still be considered--it's hard to tell how the older guys will age and whether they will still be productive 4 years down the road, but having some sort of veteran presence is certainly something we'll see on the 2014 team.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
03-04-2010, 02:53 PM
  #87
unknown33
Registered User
 
unknown33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Europe
Country: Marshall Islands
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
Fowards:
Sidney Crosby
Steven Stamkos
Jonathan Toews
Eric Staal
Jordan Staal
Tyler Bozak
Jay Rosehill
Rick Nash
Greg Scott
Luca Caputi
Corey Perry
Ryan Getzlaf
Mike Richards

Defense:
Drew Doughty
Dion Phaneuf
Luke Schenn
Keith Aulier
Brendan Mikkelson
Phil Oreskovic
Todd Perry

Golie:
Steve Mason
James Reimer
Cam Ward

That will be the team in 2014.

unknown33 is offline  
Old
03-04-2010, 04:27 PM
  #88
Kevin Malone
Registered User
 
Kevin Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown33 View Post
Fowards:
Sidney Crosby
Steven Stamkos
Jonathan Toews
Eric Staal
Jordan Staal
Tyler Bozak
Jay Rosehill

Rick Nash
Greg Scott
Luca Caputi

Corey Perry
Ryan Getzlaf
Mike Richards

Defense:
Drew Doughty
Dion Phaneuf
Luke Schenn
Keith Aulier
Brendan Mikkelson

Phil Oreskovic
Todd Perry


Golie:
Steve Mason
James Reimer
Cam Ward

That will be the team in 2014.
I see what you did there.

Kevin Malone is offline  
Old
03-04-2010, 04:44 PM
  #89
MajorMapleLeaf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Pencil in Brandon Gormley on defense.

MajorMapleLeaf is offline  
Old
03-05-2010, 01:23 AM
  #90
Sidney the Kidney
Unsustainable
 
Sidney the Kidney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,293
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown33 View Post
Fowards:
Sidney Crosby
Steven Stamkos
Jonathan Toews
Eric Staal
Jordan Staal
Tyler Bozak
Jay Rosehill
Rick Nash
Greg Scott
Luca Caputi
Corey Perry
Ryan Getzlaf
Mike Richards

Defense:
Drew Doughty
Dion Phaneuf
Luke Schenn
Keith Aulier
Brendan Mikkelson
Phil Oreskovic
Todd Perry

Golie:
Steve Mason
James Reimer
Cam Ward

That will be the team in 2014.
Only if Team Canada brass is looking for truculence, belligerence, pugnacity and testosterone.

Sidney the Kidney is offline  
Old
03-05-2010, 02:04 PM
  #91
usahockey22flyers
Daje Roma!
 
usahockey22flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Prati, Roma.
Country: United States
Posts: 3,877
vCash: 500
parise-stastny-BOOTH......
kessel-pavelski-malone
kesler-brown-kane
callahan-JVR-OSHIE-backes...

Ejohnson-Jjohnson
BOGOSIAN-suter
FOWLER - martin - orpik

miller
Jimmy Howard (wildcard pick)
Quick

i can also see Callahan/backes not making it in 2014 if the nhl goes, due to young talent.. Other canidates for me are Okposo, Carle, and Dubinsky.. Also watch out for Colin Wilson and Derek Stepan

usahockey22flyers is online now  
Old
03-05-2010, 02:06 PM
  #92
millax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,381
vCash: 692
You put Eberle on Canada's roster and only play him in the last two minutes of any game because he is clutch.

millax is offline  
Old
03-05-2010, 02:13 PM
  #93
Ironslave
Registered User
 
Ironslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by millax View Post
You put Eberle on Canada's roster and only play him in the last two minutes of any game because he is clutch.
I think the Jordan Eberle talk is a bit much. He should be a good NHL'er, and he will forever have a place in Hockey Canada history. But it's a reach to think he has an extraordinary clutch ability because of his WJC performance. He's just a very good player who was in the right place at the right time.

Ironslave is offline  
Old
03-05-2010, 03:36 PM
  #94
MaNNe
Registered User
 
MaNNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Hmm i'll have a shot at team Finland:

TRuutu - MKoivu - JJokinen
Pitkänen - Lepistö

Filppula - OJokinen(He'll come around) - Hagman
Salmela - Kukkonen (Yeah, we don't have anyone better)

Osala - Granlund - Pulkkinen (Yeah, i know it's a long shot;D)
Vatanen - Lydman

Bergenheim - Korpikoski - Nokelainen

13. forward; Lehterä, Mittens.

Rask
Rinne
Niittymäki, Niemi, Lehtonen whoever and it'll be great.

Won't be competing for medals this time around with that team and especially that defence . Goalies will be our only strong suit and ALOT depends on our rookies not busting.

MaNNe is offline  
Old
03-05-2010, 03:55 PM
  #95
Muuri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
I really hope that Miettinen and Kukkonen don`t make it but we probably have to take them since we don`t have much depht.

Defence looks really bad now but I have hope that Laakso and Vatanen develope to NHL level d-man.

Muuri is offline  
Old
03-05-2010, 03:59 PM
  #96
MaNNe
Registered User
 
MaNNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muuri View Post
I really hope that Miettinen and Kukkonen don`t make it but we probably have to take them since we don`t have much depht.

Defence looks really bad now but I have hope that Laakso and Vatanen develope to NHL level d-man.
Yep, i'm hoping for the same thing, but atm it seems like we really don't have a choice and if Vatanen busts ... I don't even wanna think about that

MaNNe is offline  
Old
03-05-2010, 07:01 PM
  #97
leafsfuture
Registered User
 
leafsfuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Rick Nash - Sidney Crosby - John Tavares
Steven Stamkos - Jonathan Toews - Dany Heatley
Taylor Hall - X - Corey Perry
Evander Kane - Jordan Staal - Wayne Simmonds

3rd line center and spare = your picks of R.Getzlaf, J.Thornton, E.Staal, M.Richards, M.Duchene

Dion Phaneuf - Drew Doughty
Marc Staal - Tyler Myers
Mike Green - Shea Weber
*Luke Schenn

Roberto Luongo
Marc-Andre Fleury
Mason/Ward/Price
This is solid. Couple things i think.

Tavares will be 13th forward. For me it would be like the 08 WJC. On big ice, give him lots of PP time, and let him earn a regular shift.

I dont think Perry makes it. Im not sold on his skating, and hes easily the weaker player of the Duck duo. Getzlaf should have the 3rd line spot.

As much potential as Kane has, Richards will be only 29 in Sochi and skates a bit better.

On D, Pietrangelo, and Subban could both make it. They can both skate beautifully, and on big ice, their defensive weaknesses arent as liable

leafsfuture is offline  
Old
03-06-2010, 01:19 PM
  #98
CanadaRules*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
For Canada the only players I think you can sort of pencil in on the roster right now are:

Forwards:
Crosby
Nash
Heatley
Getzlaf
Toews
Mike Richards

Defense:
Weber
Doughty
Keith

Goalies:
Luongo


I think that if Iginla is still playing at a high level he'll probably be the captain of this team. Guys like Thornton, Marleau, Morrow, Bergeron, Pronger, Neidermayer, Seabrook, Boyle and Brodeur are mostly done at this level of competition. Some of them may be too old, and some like Bergeron, Morrow, and Seabrook don't quite have it or may be surpassed by a younger player who makes a name for himself in the next 4 years.

I'd really watch out for Stamkos, Hall, Hodgson, Tavares, Pietreangelo, and Tyler Myers to be on the 2014 team. Would suprise me one bit if all of them were on the team.

CanadaRules* is offline  
Old
03-06-2010, 02:31 PM
  #99
Ironslave
Registered User
 
Ironslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 523
vCash: 500
I don't think Heatley is a guarantee, he wasn't particularly good in these Olympics. Heatley is the classic example of if he isn't scoring, he isn't helping.

Ironslave is offline  
Old
03-06-2010, 10:23 PM
  #100
CanadaRules*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironslave View Post
I don't think Heatley is a guarantee, he wasn't particularly good in these Olympics. Heatley is the classic example of if he isn't scoring, he isn't helping.
Heater kinda had a weird tournament, he had a lot of chances- he just seemed snakebitten like the rest of the team.

CanadaRules* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.