HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Rangers related trade rumors here

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2010, 07:53 AM
mullichicken25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
currently Dagoon is 3 for 3

Girardi deal doesn't happen and he's 3 for 4 a 75% hit ratio and he loses all credibility with you?

Shame on you then.
what were his 3 cause im very sceptical

Old
03-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Heatley is a key component of the Sharks, he isn't going anywhere.
I would say that's a mixup, judging from the other tweet about "talking to the sharks about Danny boy 5"

Not talking about Heatley, talking about trading Girardi to the Sharks (you know, Dan(ny) Girardi, who wears number 5)

Trade deadline rumors are ridiculous

Setoguchi is a potential pure sniper, and those guys are always real nice to have, but not cheap. I'd doubt that's the deal, but looking at the Sharks lineup, I'm not sure who they really would want to give up. Not sure who's in their system that would be good either...maybe Nick Petrecki? Tough, hard hitting defenseman who's pretty close to making the NHL

Old
03-02-2010, 09:06 AM
yankeecpt15

let's take a breather here...our lives do not depend on what dagoon reports so lets get off his back...personally, he could be 3/3 of 0/40, i could give a rats ass...i enjoy his posts..unlike an eck-doosh who names big names in order to people to buy his site, dagoon is a fan, plain and simple, who has an ear to things that the casual fan doesn't...he doesn't have to do what he does, but it's refreshing to see things from the other side...there have been other guys who have been ridiculed for their "behind the scenes" talk over the past few years that either don't or rarely post anymore..let's not let happen again..either discuss or ignore, but don't throw the guy under the bus....godspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
what were his 3 cause im very sceptical

Old
03-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
currently Dagoon is 3 for 3

Girardi deal doesn't happen and he's 3 for 4 a 75% hit ratio and he loses all credibility with you?

Shame on you then.
Is dropping a note regarding just about every tradable asset on teams that have been reported to be in discussions with the Rangers really what you would classify as "credibility?"

In the last couple weeks, he has posted about potential deals with San Jose, Florida, and Edmonton. If he gets one right, that makes him 4-4 I suppose?

Old
03-02-2010, 09:09 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

One thing to remember is that San Jose traded 2 dmen to Vancouver to get under the cap this past offseason. So they could be in the market for a top 4 dman.

Old
03-02-2010, 09:19 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeecpt15 View Post
let's take a breather here...our lives do not depend on what dagoon reports so lets get off his back...personally, he could be 3/3 of 0/40, i could give a rats ass...i enjoy his posts..unlike an eck-doosh who names big names in order to people to buy his site, dagoon is a fan, plain and simple, who has an ear to things that the casual fan doesn't...he doesn't have to do what he does, but it's refreshing to see things from the other side...there have been other guys who have been ridiculed for their "behind the scenes" talk over the past few years that either don't or rarely post anymore..let's not let happen again..either discuss or ignore, but don't throw the guy under the bus....godspeed
well thanks for quoting me in a response that gave 0 answer to the question i asked

i dont give a ***** what you think of him.....i was simplly asking which ones he correctly called cause i missed them due to a little break I took from this forum

im trying to form my own opinion here about whether or not he actually has some sort or "inside" info or is just a fan with a general league awarness and an internet connection trying to make himself seem like a big shot

Old
03-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
well thanks for quoting me in a response that gave 0 answer to the question i asked

i dont give a ***** what you think of him.....i was simplly asking which ones he correctly called cause i missed them due to a little break I took from this forum

im trying to form my own opinion here about whether or not he actually has some sort or "inside" info or is just a fan with a general league awarness and an internet connection trying to make himself seem like a big shot
I only know he had the Kovalchuck to Devils one dead right (inlcuding I believe the players going the other way) and way before anyone else had it.

Old
03-02-2010, 09:22 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

You need to relax, seriously. Its a damn message board. Why do you care who dagoon is? Is it going to make or break your life if this guy is a legit source.

Some people take all these sources and the business of hockey all too seriously. They make these boards feel like the end all be all.

And one of the trades he got right was kovalchuk, but honestly who caressss....just talk about the team.

Old
03-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
I recommend you do a search of threads started by Dagoon and do some reading. As I said, he's been properly vetted by the site, many users here know him personally and he's just telling you what he's heard. Beyond that, I URGE you to interpret as you wish.

And with that said, the topic of this thread is NOT the credibility of sources. It's not a discussion that's constructive to the topic and typically turns into a pissing match. When there are rumors posted without accredited sources, we deal with them accordingly.

Let's please keep it on topic.

Old
03-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Dagoon, I believe, is attempting to secure NHL/Media connections in hopes of getting his Hockey Podcast show off the ground. It's funny that a board constantly digging and clawing for rumors often treats the providers with disdain or severe cynicism.

Old
03-02-2010, 09:39 AM
yankeecpt15

Quote:

potty mouth

Old
03-02-2010, 09:39 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I recommend you do a search of threads started by Dagoon and do some reading. As I said, he's been properly vetted by the site, many users here know him personally and he's just telling you what he's heard. Beyond that, I URGE you to interpret as you wish.

yeah i was just trying to avoid doing the actual leg work, as im at work and waste far too much time as it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
You need to relax, seriously. Its a damn message board. Why do you care who dagoon is? Is it going to make or break your life if this guy is a legit source.

Some people take all these sources and the business of hockey all too seriously. They make these boards feel like the end all be all.

And one of the trades he got right was kovalchuk, but honestly who caressss....just talk about the team.
haha im not really that worked about about it at all... just asked what i thought was a very simple question

then someone gave me their long-winded opion, about which I could care less

i was hoping for a quick response of "he called X,Y,and Z trades" so i can decide how much I should listen to his "inside" info without doing an extensive search through this forum

since thats aperently a ridiculous concept i shall move on

i appologize for momentarilly derailing this completely structured and ordered thread..carry on

Old
03-02-2010, 09:41 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
I only know he had the Kovalchuck to Devils one dead right (inlcuding I believe the players going the other way) and way before anyone else had it.
i missed this post...thanks riche, thats along the lines of what i was looking for

Old
03-02-2010, 09:41 AM
howztheglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeecpt15 View Post
I couldn't agree more--Dagoon does seem to have some inside knowledge that most of us other fans don't.So lets not kill me for writing something that might not come true as always happens this time of year rumors come and go trades are made and trade fall apart.I for one would rather reade something from Dagoon then that EK guy.

Old
03-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
I couldn't agree more--Dagoon does seem to have some inside knowledge that most of us other fans don't.So lets not kill me for writing something that might not come true as always happens this time of year rumors come and go trades are made and trade fall apart.I for one would rather reade something from Dagoon then that EK guy.
This is what I dont understand. Why?

Theyre literally doing the same exact thing.

Old
03-02-2010, 09:57 AM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

Except Dagoon doesnt just throw ANYTHING at us to get us to read. He only tells us stuff he thinks is legit.

Old
03-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

Dagoon actually seems to have a source, whereas Eklund is actually right less than 3% of the time, which is actually less accurate than if he were to pick 2 teams out of a hat.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:02 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Guys this a thread about rumors — not sources. Let's get this back on topic please.

03-02-2010, 10:09 AM
free0717

How about rozival and a lower level prospect like Chris Doyle to the Oil for Souray.

Id throw Aaron voros in too.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
i missed this post...thanks riche, thats along the lines of what i was looking for
Sorry I don't remember any others. I know there was at least one other but I can't recall off the top of my head. (I'm "wasting" time at work too so I can't go looking)

Old
03-02-2010, 10:30 AM
hlundqvist30*

What does Larry Brooks saying that Chris Drury needs to produce in the stretch run have to do with trade rumors?

Old
03-02-2010, 10:31 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
How about rozival and a lower level prospect like Chris Doyle to the Oil for Souray.

Id throw Aaron voros in too.
I dont see how that helps the Rangers in anyway. Its a difference of about 500K cap wise and you still have a crappy overpaid defender.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:35 AM
HAPPY HOUR

maybe its #10 on the move. Not #5.

http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie

and Zip: http://twitter.com/stevezipay

Old
03-02-2010, 10:40 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
maybe its #10 on the move. Not #5.

http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie

and Zip: http://twitter.com/stevezipay
It can't be! Dagoon said Girardi is a goner!

Old
03-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Auld may start eh?

Closed Thread