HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Rangers related trade rumors here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2010, 07:53 AM
  #276
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
currently Dagoon is 3 for 3

Girardi deal doesn't happen and he's 3 for 4 a 75% hit ratio and he loses all credibility with you?

Shame on you then.
what were his 3 cause im very sceptical

mullichicken25 is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 08:08 AM
  #277
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Heatley is a key component of the Sharks, he isn't going anywhere.
I would say that's a mixup, judging from the other tweet about "talking to the sharks about Danny boy 5"

Not talking about Heatley, talking about trading Girardi to the Sharks (you know, Dan(ny) Girardi, who wears number 5)

Trade deadline rumors are ridiculous

Setoguchi is a potential pure sniper, and those guys are always real nice to have, but not cheap. I'd doubt that's the deal, but looking at the Sharks lineup, I'm not sure who they really would want to give up. Not sure who's in their system that would be good either...maybe Nick Petrecki? Tough, hard hitting defenseman who's pretty close to making the NHL

Levitate is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 09:06 AM
  #278
yankeecpt15
Registered User
 
yankeecpt15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CT
Country: Ireland
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
let's take a breather here...our lives do not depend on what dagoon reports so lets get off his back...personally, he could be 3/3 of 0/40, i could give a rats ass...i enjoy his posts..unlike an eck-doosh who names big names in order to people to buy his site, dagoon is a fan, plain and simple, who has an ear to things that the casual fan doesn't...he doesn't have to do what he does, but it's refreshing to see things from the other side...there have been other guys who have been ridiculed for their "behind the scenes" talk over the past few years that either don't or rarely post anymore..let's not let happen again..either discuss or ignore, but don't throw the guy under the bus....godspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
what were his 3 cause im very sceptical

yankeecpt15 is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 09:07 AM
  #279
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
currently Dagoon is 3 for 3

Girardi deal doesn't happen and he's 3 for 4 a 75% hit ratio and he loses all credibility with you?

Shame on you then.
Is dropping a note regarding just about every tradable asset on teams that have been reported to be in discussions with the Rangers really what you would classify as "credibility?"

In the last couple weeks, he has posted about potential deals with San Jose, Florida, and Edmonton. If he gets one right, that makes him 4-4 I suppose?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 09:09 AM
  #280
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,824
vCash: 500
One thing to remember is that San Jose traded 2 dmen to Vancouver to get under the cap this past offseason. So they could be in the market for a top 4 dman.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 09:19 AM
  #281
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeecpt15 View Post
let's take a breather here...our lives do not depend on what dagoon reports so lets get off his back...personally, he could be 3/3 of 0/40, i could give a rats ass...i enjoy his posts..unlike an eck-doosh who names big names in order to people to buy his site, dagoon is a fan, plain and simple, who has an ear to things that the casual fan doesn't...he doesn't have to do what he does, but it's refreshing to see things from the other side...there have been other guys who have been ridiculed for their "behind the scenes" talk over the past few years that either don't or rarely post anymore..let's not let happen again..either discuss or ignore, but don't throw the guy under the bus....godspeed
well thanks for quoting me in a response that gave 0 answer to the question i asked

i dont give a ***** what you think of him.....i was simplly asking which ones he correctly called cause i missed them due to a little break I took from this forum

im trying to form my own opinion here about whether or not he actually has some sort or "inside" info or is just a fan with a general league awarness and an internet connection trying to make himself seem like a big shot

mullichicken25 is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 09:22 AM
  #282
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
well thanks for quoting me in a response that gave 0 answer to the question i asked

i dont give a ***** what you think of him.....i was simplly asking which ones he correctly called cause i missed them due to a little break I took from this forum

im trying to form my own opinion here about whether or not he actually has some sort or "inside" info or is just a fan with a general league awarness and an internet connection trying to make himself seem like a big shot
I only know he had the Kovalchuck to Devils one dead right (inlcuding I believe the players going the other way) and way before anyone else had it.

Riche16 is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 09:22 AM
  #283
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
well thanks for quoting me in a response that gave 0 answer to the question i asked

i dont give a ***** what you think of him.....i was simplly asking which ones he correctly called cause i missed them due to a little break I took from this forum

im trying to form my own opinion here about whether or not he actually has some sort or "inside" info or is just a fan with a general league awarness and an internet connection trying to make himself seem like a big shot
You need to relax, seriously. Its a damn message board. Why do you care who dagoon is? Is it going to make or break your life if this guy is a legit source.

Some people take all these sources and the business of hockey all too seriously. They make these boards feel like the end all be all.

And one of the trades he got right was kovalchuk, but honestly who caressss....just talk about the team.

RGY is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 09:27 AM
  #284
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
im trying to form my own opinion here about whether or not he actually has some sort or "inside" info or is just a fan with a general league awarness and an internet connection trying to make himself seem like a big shot
I recommend you do a search of threads started by Dagoon and do some reading. As I said, he's been properly vetted by the site, many users here know him personally and he's just telling you what he's heard. Beyond that, I URGE you to interpret as you wish.

And with that said, the topic of this thread is NOT the credibility of sources. It's not a discussion that's constructive to the topic and typically turns into a pissing match. When there are rumors posted without accredited sources, we deal with them accordingly.

Let's please keep it on topic.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 09:32 AM
  #285
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
im trying to form my own opinion here about whether or not he actually has some sort or "inside" info or is just a fan with a general league awarness and an internet connection trying to make himself seem like a big shot
Dagoon, I believe, is attempting to secure NHL/Media connections in hopes of getting his Hockey Podcast show off the ground. It's funny that a board constantly digging and clawing for rumors often treats the providers with disdain or severe cynicism.

Shadowtron is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 09:39 AM
  #286
yankeecpt15
Registered User
 
yankeecpt15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CT
Country: Ireland
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
well thanks for quoting me in a response that gave 0 answer to the question i asked

i dont give a ***** what you think of him.....i was simplly asking which ones he correctly called cause i missed them due to a little break I took from this forum

im trying to form my own opinion here about whether or not he actually has some sort or "inside" info or is just a fan with a general league awarness and an internet connection trying to make himself seem like a big shot
potty mouth

yankeecpt15 is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 09:39 AM
  #287
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I recommend you do a search of threads started by Dagoon and do some reading. As I said, he's been properly vetted by the site, many users here know him personally and he's just telling you what he's heard. Beyond that, I URGE you to interpret as you wish.

.
yeah i was just trying to avoid doing the actual leg work, as im at work and waste far too much time as it is


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
You need to relax, seriously. Its a damn message board. Why do you care who dagoon is? Is it going to make or break your life if this guy is a legit source.

Some people take all these sources and the business of hockey all too seriously. They make these boards feel like the end all be all.

And one of the trades he got right was kovalchuk, but honestly who caressss....just talk about the team.
haha im not really that worked about about it at all... just asked what i thought was a very simple question

then someone gave me their long-winded opion, about which I could care less

i was hoping for a quick response of "he called X,Y,and Z trades" so i can decide how much I should listen to his "inside" info without doing an extensive search through this forum

since thats aperently a ridiculous concept i shall move on

i appologize for momentarilly derailing this completely structured and ordered thread..carry on

mullichicken25 is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 09:41 AM
  #288
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
I only know he had the Kovalchuck to Devils one dead right (inlcuding I believe the players going the other way) and way before anyone else had it.
i missed this post...thanks riche, thats along the lines of what i was looking for

mullichicken25 is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 09:41 AM
  #289
howztheglass
Registered User
 
howztheglass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeecpt15 View Post
let's take a breather here...our lives do not depend on what dagoon reports so lets get off his back...personally, he could be 3/3 of 0/40, i could give a rats ass...i enjoy his posts..unlike an eck-doosh who names big names in order to people to buy his site, dagoon is a fan, plain and simple, who has an ear to things that the casual fan doesn't...he doesn't have to do what he does, but it's refreshing to see things from the other side...there have been other guys who have been ridiculed for their "behind the scenes" talk over the past few years that either don't or rarely post anymore..let's not let happen again..either discuss or ignore, but don't throw the guy under the bus....godspeed
I couldn't agree more--Dagoon does seem to have some inside knowledge that most of us other fans don't.So lets not kill me for writing something that might not come true as always happens this time of year rumors come and go trades are made and trade fall apart.I for one would rather reade something from Dagoon then that EK guy.

howztheglass is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 09:50 AM
  #290
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
I couldn't agree more--Dagoon does seem to have some inside knowledge that most of us other fans don't.So lets not kill me for writing something that might not come true as always happens this time of year rumors come and go trades are made and trade fall apart.I for one would rather reade something from Dagoon then that EK guy.
This is what I dont understand. Why?

Theyre literally doing the same exact thing.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 09:57 AM
  #291
frankthefrowner
Registered User
 
frankthefrowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
This is what I dont understand. Why?

Theyre literally doing the same exact thing.
Except Dagoon doesnt just throw ANYTHING at us to get us to read. He only tells us stuff he thinks is legit.

frankthefrowner is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 09:58 AM
  #292
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
This is what I dont understand. Why?

Theyre literally doing the same exact thing.
Dagoon actually seems to have a source, whereas Eklund is actually right less than 3% of the time, which is actually less accurate than if he were to pick 2 teams out of a hat.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 10:02 AM
  #293
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
Awards:
Guys this a thread about rumors — not sources. Let's get this back on topic please.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 10:09 AM
  #294
free0717
Registered User
 
free0717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 500
How about rozival and a lower level prospect like Chris Doyle to the Oil for Souray.

Id throw Aaron voros in too.

free0717 is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 10:28 AM
  #295
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
i missed this post...thanks riche, thats along the lines of what i was looking for
Sorry I don't remember any others. I know there was at least one other but I can't recall off the top of my head. (I'm "wasting" time at work too so I can't go looking)

Riche16 is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 10:30 AM
  #296
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
What does Larry Brooks saying that Chris Drury needs to produce in the stretch run have to do with trade rumors?

hlundqvist30* is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 10:31 AM
  #297
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 13,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
How about rozival and a lower level prospect like Chris Doyle to the Oil for Souray.

Id throw Aaron voros in too.
I dont see how that helps the Rangers in anyway. Its a difference of about 500K cap wise and you still have a crappy overpaid defender.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 10:35 AM
  #298
HAPPY HOUR
Registered User
 
HAPPY HOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 500
maybe its #10 on the move. Not #5.

http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie


and Zip: http://twitter.com/stevezipay

HAPPY HOUR is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 10:40 AM
  #299
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
maybe its #10 on the move. Not #5.

http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie


and Zip: http://twitter.com/stevezipay
It can't be! Dagoon said Girardi is a goner!

hpNYR is offline  
Old
03-02-2010, 10:42 AM
  #300
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,991
vCash: 500
Auld may start eh?

Fitzy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.