HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Poni to pit

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Jevko

vCash: 500
Poni to pit

Do you think burke could pull this off?

To pittsburgh:
ponikarovsky

to toronto:

tangradi
2nd if he resigns, 3rd if he doesn't

What do you think?

Old
02-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

I think you should look at the dozens of existing threads discussing this. If you do, you will find out that on the Pens side we hate you without knowing you for proposing this, and you'll see that we wouldn't want to deal Tangradi for Poni straight up.

Poni is welcome though, and you can have a second plus marginal prospect (like Zabotel). Not a second plus our best prospect and only prospect with top line potential. Less so for an UFA.

Old
02-24-2010, 12:49 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Tangradi? I don't think they're getting a top prospect back in exchange for Ponikarovsky. I don't know Tangradis production in the AHL this year but his value to the penguins is similar to Kyle Beachs value to the Hawks. They want to develop him and mold him into a top six guy for some cap relief in a few years.

Old
02-24-2010, 12:51 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Haha, hell no.

No available UFA is worth Tangradi, let alone the extra pick.

Old
02-24-2010, 12:57 AM
Mark Stuart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Haha, hell no.

No available UFA is worth Tangradi, let alone the extra pick.
Aside from the fact that you likely had no idea who Tangradi was before the Kunitz trade... Tangradi's far from an untouchable.

Old
02-24-2010, 12:57 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Don't think this proposal works, but I think this is the team Poni will be getting traded to. They won't break the bank getting him and they'll get what they need to be ultra competitive up front.

Old
02-24-2010, 01:05 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 93
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Stuart View Post
Aside from the fact that you likely had no idea who Tangradi was before the Kunitz trade... Tangradi's far from an untouchable.
He didn't say Tangradi is untouchable, he said no available UFA is worth Tangradi, and he is right.

Old
02-24-2010, 01:10 AM
Killericon

What if the condition went the other way?

Toronto: Tangradi
Pittsburgh: Poni, Conditional 2nd/3rd

Old
02-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Chad29Johnson

Toronto doesn't have their 2nd

Old
02-24-2010, 02:27 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad29Johnson View Post
Toronto doesn't have their 2nd
Funny how quickly we forget the effects of the Kessel trade.

Old
02-24-2010, 03:30 AM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
This is a trade rumor from Dallas Dave, he broke the Lehtonen trade recently. ********************************

He has the Leafs looking for Tangradi + for Poni instead of the offer of a second and lesser prospect.

Old
02-24-2010, 04:21 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 93
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post

No..

Old
02-24-2010, 04:52 AM

Quote:
What do the Pens need? A long term solution at winger.

What is Tangradi? A winger. He's also our best forward prospect. Maybe our best prospect in general.

Untouchable? No. But not going to be traded for a UFA.

Old
02-24-2010, 05:28 AM
wej20

To : Alexei Ponikarovksy UFA 2010

To : 2nd round 2010 and their choice of Casey Pierro-Zabotel/Carl Sneep/Mark Letestu

Old
02-24-2010, 06:51 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post

No way. I don't care what the condition is.

Old
02-24-2010, 07:24 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
Tangradi? I don't think they're getting a top prospect back in exchange for Ponikarovsky. I don't know Tangradis production in the AHL this year but his value to the penguins is similar to Kyle Beachs value to the Hawks. They want to develop him and mold him into a top six guy for some cap relief in a few years.
my suggestion is to stay away from any topic concerning any of TO soon to be UFA--

Burke has the TO media eating out of his hands with the offer of a second rounder and a top procpect--I lived through Burke in Vancouver and saw how he twists the media into reporting stuff to increase the trade value of his players. Any suggestion that the leafs wont get anything short of of a second rounder and a blue chipper for their UFA's will be met with boos and hisses from leaf fans

Old
02-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Dallas Dave might know Dallas rumors, but the Pens rumor is a joke. Yeah, Burke can swing some great deals/steals, but don't underestimate Ray Shero. He's already said he will not trade a 1st + a prospect for anybody. He said last season that he will not trade Eric Tangradi. He also says he goes into the trade deadline knowing what he will and won't give up. He isn't going to get talked into anything by Burke.

It's been said too many times on this board before. If the price of Poni is Tangradi, the Pens will be shopping for a winger somewhere else since their GM isn't an idiot.

Old
02-24-2010, 08:11 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Dallas Dave might know Dallas rumors, but the Pens rumor is a joke. Yeah, Burke can swing some great deals/steals, but don't underestimate Ray Shero. He's already said he will not trade a 1st + a prospect for anybody. He said last season that he will not trade Eric Tangradi. He also says he goes into the trade deadline knowing what he will and won't give up. He isn't going to get talked into anything by Burke.

It's been said too many times on this board before. If the price of Poni is Tangradi, the Pens will be shopping for a winger somewhere else since their GM isn't an idiot.
This may be true. But I think we all know that Burke would push for Tangradi in a trade with Pittsburgh. And that's really all that he said is going on, so it's likely accurate. It doesn't mean Pittsburgh is likely to do it, necessarily.

Old
02-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
This may be true. But I think we all know that Burke would push for Tangradi in a trade with Pittsburgh. And that's really all that he said is going on, so it's likely accurate. It doesn't mean Pittsburgh is likely to do it, necessarily.
I agree with that, grabo. Tangradi would be Burke's target. I just don't think there's any chance Shero parts with his best chance at a long-term solution at wing (Tangradi) for about 20 games of anybody. I don't think he'd give Tangradi for Whitney, let alone Poni.

Old
02-24-2010, 08:29 AM
GlenngarryGlencross
Get the chalk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
It doesn't take much clairvoyance to say that Team X is asking about Team Y's best prospect - of course they want him. Knowing Burke, he probably asks about Crosby every time he talks to Shero as well. Doesn't mean it's worth a damn, just that discussion is always on going, no matter how far-fetched.

Old
02-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Falon

Tangradi is not moving. Poni to Pittsburgh for a conditional 1st (if he resigns, if not it becomes a 2nd) and a 3rd.

Old
02-24-2010, 08:50 AM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
I wouldn't be surprised if Poni had something similiar to this type of return. I think there will be few outright sellers this deadline, driving the price for rentals up.

Old
02-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Jag68Sid87

Hmmm, this is new.

Old
02-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch Imlach View Post
This is a trade rumor from Dallas Dave, he broke the Lehtonen trade recently. ********************************

He has the Leafs looking for Tangradi + for Poni instead of the offer of a second and lesser prospect.
Old ladies look for financial windfalls in lottery tickets too.

Quote:
He's simply not getting traded at the deadline for the likes of Ponikarovsky. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a team strapped for wingers and close to the cap isn't going to be trading their best prospect, who happens to be a near NHL-ready 6'4" power forward.

Wait and see, then we'll revisit the thread when I'm proven right, okay friend?

Last edited by Rowdy Roddy Peeper: 02-24-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old
02-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Hottubber

I think it would be so funny to see Poni on the Leafs roster after the March 3rd deadline. Im sure he will end up going somewhere, but i would love to see it.

Its kinda sad when 1st or 2nd's & prospects are being thrown out there and the return is Poni. I think more teams need to realize they should be sellers

Closed Thread